Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

how is it 'normal' to go down when hes not been touched? If that was a player from another team doing it to us we would be all over it.
Sorry, my post seems to be bugged for me.

I expressed myself wrong, in comparison to Neymar and Drogba simulation kovacic was "normal", he was expecting to be hit and forced it, happens, you don't want to lose the ball, but he didn't add much to that, wasn't screaming in pain or complaining to referee.

Not saying the didn't simulate but is not as dire as people want it to be

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

how is it 'normal' to go down when hes not been touched? If that was a player from another team doing it to us we would be all over it.

Sometimes you have to go down when someone is charging at you to protect yourself from injury?

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Sometimes you have to go down when someone is charging at you to protect yourself from injury?

Thats the Chelsea spirit we love eh!

And I cant  see anyone charging at Kovacic unless it was the invisible man/

Its just not right whoever does it in any circumstance.

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Sorry but if I was the manager of someone who did it I'd give them a right bollocking and a fine no matter who it was.

Tbh, in the Luiz case, I think he really did get kicked in the ankle.

It just his giggling after the foul that changes the perspective

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I love the guy but dont like it when anyone does this specially our own lads

If you watch his feet from 10 seconds to 14, you will see he slipped, didn't dive. It was not a foul, but also not a dive. IMHO. People can argue either way.

Arsenal need to stop whinging on about that sequence and worry about all those missed sitters, and the fact their back 4 is shambolic steaming pile of shite and Mesut Özil is the laziest star on the planet.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

If you watch his feet from 10 seconds to 14, you will see he slipped, didn't dive. It was not a foul, but also not a dive. IMHO. People can argue either way.

Arsenal need to stop whinging on about that sequence and worry about all those missed sitters, and the fact their back 4 is shambolic steaming pile of shite and Mesut Özil is the laziest star on the planet.

Agree with the slip but still put his spin on it to be something else.

Case closed

Yep! Had allot of time for Ozil once and wondered if we should get him. don't know what happened to him.

This article will cause some argy bargy I wager.....

Opinion: This is the reason why Kovacic’s spell at Chelsea must end next summer

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/opinion-this-is-the-reason-why-kovacics-spell-at-chelsea-must-end-next-summer/

Well, one thing is for sure. I can't see Kovačić and Hazard both going to Madrid. If it really comes to Eden leaving for them, our board will be smart enough to include Kovačić permanent buy in the deal. If he comes good for us, of course.

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/opinion-this-is-the-reason-why-kovacics-spell-at-chelsea-must-end-next-summer/

Sorry but I dont really care who has to be benched., its all about us putting together the best team we can. Ive never seen what others have in RLC but tried and wanted to. But right now IMO Kovacic will be number one and Barkley will do a good job as backup and hopefully it will make him grow and try to fight for his spot.

20 minutes ago, El P. said:

Well, one thing is for sure. I can't see Kovačić and Hazard both going to Madrid. If it really comes to Eden leaving for them, our board will be smart enough to include Kovačić permanent buy in the deal. If he comes good for us, of course.

I dont even understand why Real is so obsessed with a LW (Hazard). They already have 3 world class (or soon to be in 2 cases) players who can play there. Asensio, Isco, and the best overall 18yo player on the planet in Vinícius Júnior. They need a striker badly and a centre back and a backup left back far more. I also would assume they REALLY want SMS to replace Modric.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I dont even understand why Real is so obsessed with a LW (Hazard). They already have 3 world class (or soon to be in 2 cases) players who can play there. Asensio, Isco, and the best overall 18yo player on the planet in Vinícius Júnior. They need a striker badly and a centre back and a backup left back far more. I also would assume they REALLY want SMS to replace Modric.

Exactly, they need another goal machime but Ive no idea where they would put Eden.

but they really want Alonso - and Barca apparently. wonder if they want Varane as much lol

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Sorry but I dont really care who has to be benched., its all about us putting together the best team we can. Ive never seen what others have in RLC but tried and wanted to. But right now IMO Kovacic will be number one and Barkley will do a good job as backup and hopefully it will make him grow and try to fight for his spot.

You are not alone in failing to grasp RLC. I think we all are a bit infatuated with his size and some of his skillset, but he never seems to but it all together. He doesn't play to his physicals strengths, I do believe is my main concern. He should be a battering ram, not a wannabee Pedro, lol.

He is one of the truly puzzling players in the EPL. We have 3 more in that league as well, Morata, Emerson and Barkley. I cannot wrap my head around any of the 4 fully.:(

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Exactly, they need another goal machime but Ive no idea where they would put Eden.

but they really want Alonso - and Barca apparently. wonder if they want Varane as much lol

I always assumed that If any team could do my 2014 onward dream of putting Icardi and Dybala in same forward grouping, it would be Real (or Juve). If they did that and got a CB to replace Ramos soon (Marquinhos I would assume is their top target), plus SMS to slide in for Modric, watch out world.

They do NOT need Hazard for shit in that scenario. Vinícius Júnior looks to be a monster in a few years.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Loftus-Cheek did alright at Palace last season but is he really as good as/will he be as good as the (OTT) hype he has been getting? Can understand people's desire to see our academy players succeed in the first team but turning down the potential choice to sign a quality player just for the sake of seeing an academy player play in the first team is dumb isn't it? It's like clubs sticking to a manager for the sake of patience even though we all know it's going to go only one way. It is obviously still a little early to say Kovacic will be a success but if he does, we would be foolish to not try and sign him, wouldn't we? This especially after he has indirectly made the point of not wanting to go back to Madrid. Would like to think that Sarri would give Loftus-Cheek his chances to play games this season, particularly when the cup games come into play, and if Loftus-Cheek is as good as he/people think he is, then he would seize those opportunities to impress Sarri. If he does, then we'll have a good situation in our hands where players strive to get better and secure a spot in the starting XI, which is better than having only one player for one position and risk him stagnate and go nowhere. Also, if we do not try and sign Kovacic, if he turns out to be good, and we stick with Loftus-Cheek only, the same person who wrote that piece would probably later complain about the lack of squad depth. Having squad depth and squad competition can help improve players if managed properly.

43 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I hope we think that way with CHO

I was disappointed we started 2 RWers in Willian and Pedro and didn't play  Callum when Hazard still was not in 90 minute shape. But that's why Sarri is the manager. He really seems to fancy Willian, as does most of the rest of Europe. I am sure CHO will get some minutes later on.

The system is still very much a work in progress but I really like the football we are playing. I just hope Luiz and Alonso don't get lit up terribly in some coming game. I absolutely see why many of the big teams drool over Alonso. He is rather unique in all Europe atm in terms of offensive skillset.