Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

Just now, whats happening said:

if we bring kepa, kovacic and fekir how are we standing with hg players. we cant sell all of drinkwater, rlc, moses etc...

Bakayoko RLC Batshuayi going out on loan...hoping for a last minute willian/martial swap

As I said before we can buy him after the loan https://www.alfredopedulla.com/retroscena-kepa-promosso-sarri-ora-sconto-clausola-kovacic/

Chelsea asked Bilbao for a discount, they refused, so Chelsea decided to activate the full clause. Other targets (Butland, Oblak) are just agents sorting contracts. Real value Kovacic at €60-70m if Chelsea want to sign him permanently. (After his loan.)

1 minute ago, manpe said:

What type of player is he? What's his style, what are his strenths and weaknesses (please no whoscored screenshots)?

From what I saw at Inter he is an all-rounded midfielder. Excels at passing and dribbling, and is capable of defence. I'd say he is stronger at carrying the ball than passing but that is okay, as Chelsea currently lack a 'midfield carrier'. He'd compliment Jorginho and Kante well, though that could be said about a lot of players (and for a lot to fail). 

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

What type of player is he? What's his style, what are his strenths and weaknesses (please no whoscored screenshots)?

His biggest strength is his speed & dribbling ability. He is a hardworker while being technically gifted. Started as a #10 but has been deployed deeper by Inter & Madrid. He is hard working off the ball but isnt a destroyer like Kante/Fernandinho but his effort is definitely there on both ends. Is a fine passer but wont hit the killer pass like Fabregas/Jorginho. Doesn't seem to be much of a goal threat. For me he could fill in across any of our 3 midfield positions depending on opponents. He still has room to grow with consistent game time and fulfill his potential. But right now he can break the defensive lines and go on windy runs while also being a menace in defensive pressing. Only downside is lack of goal threat but maybe that can change with development or a different role in the system? 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

From what I saw at Inter he is an all-rounded midfielder. Excels at passing and dribbling, and is capable of defence. I'd say he is stronger at carrying the ball than passing but that is okay, as Chelsea currently lack a 'midfield carrier'. He'd compliment Jorginho and Kante well, though that could be said about a lot of players (and for a lot to fail). 

How does he fare under pressing? Good at keeping the ball, composed, or more towards Bakayoko? How are his long-shots? How many goals approximately does he have in him per season? Does he move towards the ball and ask for it or does he rather just wait for the ball to come to him?