Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:
4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:
We will just have to see. If we dont sign Kovacic and have 3 more advanced MF players in the squad (Ross, Ruben & Mason), we will need to use somebody from the loan bunch who can cover for Kante and/or Jorginho. In my eyes covering Kante is probably more suited to a Bakayoko (yikes) and for someone to cover Jorginho, well fuck knows, sold Cesc didnt we.. Ampadu could maybe play DM but hes been linked with Villa on loan.

The amount of question marks around a club that can't sign anyone new is unreal.

The club is in a mess I don't understand why the board didn't sign more players in the January window even the dogs in the street knew we were going to get hit with this transfer ban why didnt we sign Parades or Barella back in January 😡😡that witch marina needs to step down marina will stay in power if the fans don't act on it get the banters out and chant to get her out that's only way we going to get rid off her 

10 hours ago, the wes said:

The club is in a mess I don't understand why the board didn't sign more players in the January window even the dogs in the street knew we were going to get hit with this transfer ban why didnt we sign Parades or Barella back in January 😡😡that witch marina needs to step down marina will stay in power if the fans don't act on it get the banters out and chant to get her out that's only way we going to get rid off her 

Parades is being shipped out of PSG already. Dont think he is worth worrying about. Barella again would of been able to alternate with Kante, so shame we didnt get a deal over the line but he didnt want to move in the end ultimately and that was down to the player because we did agree a fee. But yeah Marina has to have real football people around her if she is gonna continue because shes shown shes a shrewd businesswomen but nothing else.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Parades is being shipped out of PSG already. Dont think he is worth worrying about.

Back when he was being linked with us I did eventually find an all touches video in which Parades looked like he could play. That was only after watching a few in which he looked ordinary however. Based on that, almost non-existent, level of scouting it wouldn't surprise me if Paris were ready to give up on him. I do wonder though if his attitude, or off field behaviour, might have played a part in them making such a quick decision. If indeed the rumours are true and they have made a decision.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Marina has to have real football people around her if she is gonna continue because shes shown shes a shrewd businesswomen but nothing else.

That's all I think she has ever had to prove because I simply don't believe she has been making football decisions. Her good performance on the only duties she actually has, as opposed to those she's often accused of having, might explain why she was promoted, not sacked as some fans would like.

I'd love to know exactly who Petr will be advising in his new role. Chiefly Roman and Arkaidy at a guess. I certainly hope Petr won't be advancing too much advice immediately toward Neil bath. Now that Eden has left, I believe Neil is the most valuable employee the club has. Petr needs to tread carefully or else he risks causing friction with a man who has every right to say, 'I think I know what I'm doing'. There's more to say about this, but that's for another thread.

Decision made: £45m star informs club he wants Chelsea transfer

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/06/25/kovacic-wants-chelsea-transfer-from-real-madrid/

Mateo Kovacic has reportedly informed parent club Real Madrid that he wants to complete a permanent transfer to loan club Chelsea despite the departure of Maurizio Sarri.

The Croatia international was brought to Chelsea by Sarri in a loan move last summer, but the Italian tactician has since left the Blues to take over at Juventus.

snip

17 hours ago, Jason said:

Call me crazy but would rather we have him over Drinkwater and perhaps Bakayoko in the squad...

Not crazy at all. There's a player in him and in a right role (LCM in Sarriball definitely wasn't it) he could become a star. If we could largely fund his transfer by selling Bakayoko then why the hell not. There's not a whole lot of midfielders with his skillset in world football and I don't see any players like him coming from the academy either so he wouldn't directly block anyone's path to the first team.

17 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Honestly nothing more than 35 million should be considered. 

they want £45m, I say, like you, closer to £35m, but we are in a ban jam, so split the difference and give them £40m

that is 45m euros, which I cannot see either Milan club dropping

we also, IF we but Kovacic, need to sell Bakayoko

makes no sense to carry them both

Baka doesnt fit well in Lamps style either

I could see Bakayoko being a good, if not great player in the Bundesliga

Hoffenheim surely can afford him (billionaire owner, just like Leipzig) and they just lost their best CMF, Kerem Demirbay, (great player) to Leverkusen (not that Baka is that similar to him) Bakayoko, Florian Grillitsch, and Nadiem Amiri would be a really solid MF for them

If Borussia Mönchengladbach loses Denis Zakaria (22yo beast), Baka could slot in there too 

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/06/26/5d138ad422601de40a8b4581.html

Chelsea have just five days to complete the signing of Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid before their transfer ban starts on June 30.

The Premier League club were handed a two window ban by FIFA for signing minors which will come into effect on Sunday.

An agreement has been reached between the two clubs for the Croatian midfielder with Chelsea paying a fee of around 50 million euros.

There are still some details to iron out which have thrown the move into doubt.

Frank Lampard, who is expected to be appointed Chelsea boss in the near future, has given the green light to the transfer after Kovacic impressed during his season on loan under Maurizio Sarri.

Inter and AC Milan have been asking about the Croatian's situation in recent days as Chelsea run out of time to get the deal done.

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:
On 25/06/2019 at 6:25 PM, Jason said:
Call me crazy but would rather we have him over Drinkwater and perhaps Bakayoko in the squad...

Does anyone at club know there's a superior Croatian on the books?

unfortunately not so much:(

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/6/17/18682192/atalanta-set-to-extend-mario-palasic-loan-report

Chelsea loanee Mario Pašalić is set to stay at Atalanta, but the exact manner in which he will do that remains unclear. His loan contract this season did include a €15m buy-option, but the Serie A side seem reluctant to exercise it despite recent reports to the contrary and the player’s own desire to find some stability in his career.

Now, according to the Italian transfer oracle, Gianluca Di Marzio, Atalanta have managed to convince Chelsea to agree to yet another loan instead. Presumably, another buy-option will be included, though without actually enforcing it, it’s all a bit academical.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

yep

Frank Lampard gives green light to first Chelsea signing: £45m deal agreed

CHELSEA are expected to appoint Frank Lampard as their new manager in the coming days - and he has already reportedly given his permission for one signing.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/788132/Frank-Lampard-Chelsea-transfer-news-Mateo-Kovacic?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed)

Would seem strange with Lamps coming in to retain Kova. You would think he'd want to integrate Mount but maybe he'll go on loan again? When RLC returns we'll have he, Barkley, and Kova all gunning for that AM spot. Where would Mount find playing time?

I would've preferred we just let Kovacic go and use Mount as a direct replacement. He couldn't be worse in terms of output and the manager would know his game inside and out.