Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

This guy looked like the midfield version of Hazard in dribbling and ball control back at Inter or Real, but he looks worse than Oscar here. Side pass merchant and doesnt even try to take on players.

Dont know if he is instructed by coach or cant do it in PL, but he turned to be a massive dissapointment for me. 

When he first came here, as above, sometimes I thought it was Hazard with the ball but nothing ever comes of it, has all the ability but happy to increase pass completion % and ultimately stopping one of our youngsters possibly making a step up.

Obviously a technically talented player who doesn’t really do much wrong but he also doesn’t really seem to add anything.

He doesn’t score, he doesn’t defend, he doesn’t assist. Just feels like a wasted space in the team for someone who might not be as good a footballer/team player, but can actually add more overall as an individual.

Worrying thing is he is actually one of the culprits stopping RLC from being the player we need.

If RLC continues the way he has been and Sarri mans the fuck up we need not worry about the rest behind RLC because he's the man to take us forward in that position.

Barkley isn't much better than MK, the only slight thing is he is scoring now and again.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Worrying thing is he is actually one of the culprits stopping RLC from being the player we need.

More like Ruben’s back and other injuries. He was injured a lot at Palace and he had problems this season too. It’s annoying bc we can’t really count on him and also it’s hard to keep a good shape/form when you get injured all the time.

Last year Rubey had to go to World Cup and start the season at Chelsea immediately, maybe a little rest this summer will help.

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

More like Ruben’s back and other injuries. He was injured a lot at Palace and he had problems this season too. It’s annoying bc we can’t really count on him and also it’s hard to keep a good shape/form when you get injured all the time.

Last year Rubey had to go to World Cup and start the season at Chelsea immediately, maybe a little rest this summer will help.

We seem to be moving in the right direction with his back though, and if that is the case he has to start, it simple to see what he offers when he plays over the others.

If the transfer ban is lifted it is massively crucial we do not buy and hinder what he brings us.

Buying Kovacic will be one of the biggest mistakes we could make.

22 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We seem to be moving in the right direction with his back though, and if that is the case he has to start, it simple to see what he offers when he plays over the others.

If the transfer ban is lifted it is massively crucial we do not buy and hinder what he brings us.

Buying Kovacic will be one of the biggest mistakes we could make.

If we buy Kovacic, then he only needs to be backup/competition to Jorginho and Kante. Absolutely useless as an advanced midfielder, that spot is suitable only for RLC and Barkley.

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If RLC continues the way he has been and Sarri mans the fuck up we need not worry about the rest behind RLC because he's the man to take us forward in that position.

Barkley isn't much better than MK, the only slight thing is he is scoring now and again.

All a bit lacklustre when compared to 20 goal a season Frank. RLC probably the best option.

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

All a bit lacklustre when compared to 20 goal a season Frank. RLC probably the best option.

Rlcs minutes to goals ratio is excellent. If only he had the same fitness level as Lamps or just Kovacic he would surely be scoring 15+ goals per season.

Further i agree with the above Kovacic must not be signed permanently. 

14 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

50 million for a backup holding midfielder is dumb. 

50 million for a backup holding mid after very average season with us is even dumber.

Its totaly going to happen with our current board.

With present RLC's form, I think we should let Kova go and buy ourselves some young prospect as a Jorginho substitute (who would succeed him soon) like we tried with that guy from Zenit.

Kova should play regularly at some more Modrić or Dembele DLP type role, in 2-man midfield.

On 13.4.2019 at 0:07 PM, BlueLyon said:

50 million for a backup holding mid after very average season with us is even dumber.

Its totaly going to happen with our current board.

What I don´t get is that people complain that our coaches don´t have enough power to get their players. Sarri got Jorginho (shit player, but he wanted him) and he wanted Higuain (shit player, but he wanted him) and now he wants Kovacic (shit player, but Sarri wants him). Now, if the board don´t agree with Sarri, people, will complain that our coaches don´t get their transfer wishes. If he gets his wish, people will complain about the board that they do stupid decisions...

33 minutes ago, Fernando said:

How is Paredes doing at PSG?

Now that you mention Barella since I remember we was link to both. 

Paredes has barely played. Based on YouTube videos I will admit, he looked decent technically but again thats always the risk with judging players soley on youtube, he obviously isnt half the player many believed. I mean PSG wanted a 6 in the summer, didnt get one meaning they played a CB there for a while, Paredes has rarely gotten a game and considering PSG have effectively frozen out Adrien Rabiot ages ago after crying out for MF reinforcements in the summer.. says a lot regarding the fact hes barely started any games for them.

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Can Barella play in that holding midfielder role?

Hes a box to box player, he would he incredibly wasted as a 6 in my opinion. From what I have seen, he is very tenacious, very good at recovering the ball, carrying it and the games I have seen with Italy and Cagliari, he doesnt play as a sitter, he has actually played as an attacking midfielder for Cagliari this season.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes a box to box player, he would he incredibly wasted as a 6 in my opinion. From what I have seen, he is very tenacious, very good at recovering the ball, carrying it and the games I have seen with Italy and Cagliari, he doesnt play as a sitter, he has actually played as an attacking midfielder for Cagliari this season.

How's his end product? Because all we really need is an AMF and competition for Jorginho.