Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

injury looked nasty. 

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

He is being played (just like Kante) completely out of position. He should be playing where Kante is now. He is a superb classic CMF, NOT an AMF. I am already looking ahead to a post Sarri agenda, as I dont think Sarri makes it to see 2020. Especialy if we do zero business in January (other than maybe Kovacic) and then the bans hit.

Sarri will deffo get sacked UNLESS he changes to a new formation and plays players where they belong and also is backed i the transfer market..

We were a horrid team for Sarri to come to. We have a horrifically bad board and we have every few pre existing players for Sarriball. We have massive weaknesses at completely key positions and a board who is now probably in lock down mode as the geo-political wolves circle Abramovich for the kill. I am starting to really only care about the club being sold before we get seized. Roman is on verge of being completely taken off the board (as in chess board). His foreign assets (including us) will be seized within a year to a year and half max I predict. I am still posting and keeping my mind occupied with transfers just to keep from completely going into a spiral of CFC depression.

sorry but i really do not buy that. Pure CMF? In what formation does that exist. one in the mid 3 of a 4-3-3 is as close to pure cmf as it gets. It is not the coaches fault, that Kovacic has 0 offensive output. I like the guy and the shift he turns in but he is not remarkable at anything except his technique but he neither has above-average defensive nor offensive stats. At some point a player has to add value and it is not enough to look neat and tidy with the ball at his feet. Kovacic has all the talent in the world but he needs to develop because what he is showing now he has shown for 4 years. It is not the solution to build a formation around a stagnating player. If Sarri wants him to play "AMF" which is a position that IMO does not exist in our formation then this is a damn good opportunity to work on his offensive output. 

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

injury looked nasty. 

sorry but i really do not buy that. Pure CMF? In what formation does that exist. one in the mid 3 of a 4-3-3 is as close to pure cmf as it gets. It is not the coaches fault, that Kovacic has 0 offensive output. I like the guy and the shift he turns in but he is not remarkable at anything except his technique but he neither has above-average defensive nor offensive stats. At some point a player has to add value and it is not enough to look neat and tidy with the ball at his feet. Kovacic has all the talent in the world but he needs to develop because what he is showing now he has shown for 4 years. It is not the solution to build a formation around a stagnating player. If Sarri wants him to play "AMF" which is a position that IMO does not exist in our formation then this is a damn good opportunity to work on his offensive output. 

I hope he scores more, he was superb today on defence before he got injured

On 06/12/2018 at 9:22 AM, manpe said:

Get him. It's his first season, he hasn't fully adapted yet, so a few pumps along the road are normal. Especially when the whole team itself is not too sure what to do on the pitch. He's a great option to have either way.

I love him, he has a great footballing mind, all he needs to do is score a bit 

30m euros minimum? If they offer him at that price take it. Even anything up to 45-50m euros I think with his age, ability and potential growth, would be a good move to make.

Also people on about lack of goals from him thats never what his games been about so stop expecting him to put out Lampard-esque stats 😂

He's a guy who's tidy with the ball, could be more progressive and his technical attributes are more than good enough to do that, hes also good at dribbling which in CM is very useful. Defensively/tactically he has a bit to go but I think there has been a slight improvement since arriving.

Chelsea fans felt strongly about Mateo Kovacic's performance during Brighton clash

https://www.givemesport.com/1430642-chelsea-fans-felt-strongly-about-mateo-kovacics-performance-during-brighton-clash?autoplay=off

Him and Alonso should have been off at ht , bench these 2 4 a while i agree , 1 assist no goals not good enough simples. Ruben-Barkley ahead of him 

I knew he was not great in attack but I didn't expect even Kante to be better than him in attack. He's a great dribbler though and good tackler which is needed in the big games but in the small games where we need to attack, Kovacic is practically afraid of the 18 Box, very poor attacking wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Kovačić wants permanent Chelsea stay, doesn’t think Hazard wants to leave either

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/12/26/18156122/kovacic-wants-permanent-chelsea-stay-doesnt-think-hazard-wants-to-leave-either

Lets hope the bit about Hazard is true, yeah Kovacic could play in that Jorginho role imho , going forward he dosn't bring much to the xmas table , playing him ,Kante,Jorginho together week in week , week out ,will see us in trouble as has been the case recently.

Have not been impressed with him. Disappointing really. 

Doesn't take enough risks, plays far too safe and is scared to shoot and go towards goal. Very tidy with the ball, but only passes sideways or backwards, 

He is quick enough and talented enough to push forward and give it a go.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mateo Kovacic’s superb highlights from this month

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/01/video-mateo-kovacics-superb-highlights-month/

Mateo Kovacic has impressed since arriving at Chelsea, and his influence in midfield has been notable alongside Jorginho and N’Golo Kante.

His silky dribbling skills and the way he wears the 17 remind people of Eden Hazard, and that’s clear in this video showing his best efforts from the last month.''

There are some great moments in there, he just needs to start finding the net too to become a really complete midfielder.

See those tasty highlights here:

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Mateo Kovacic’s superb highlights from this month

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/01/video-mateo-kovacics-superb-highlights-month/

Mateo Kovacic has impressed since arriving at Chelsea, and his influence in midfield has been notable alongside Jorginho and N’Golo Kante.

His silky dribbling skills and the way he wears the 17 remind people of Eden Hazard, and that’s clear in this video showing his best efforts from the last month.''

There are some great moments in there, he just needs to start finding the net too to become a really complete midfielder.

See those tasty highlights here:

W elike the old boy I know buy its going to be a tough decision at the end of the season - depending of course what happens this month.

Not convinced, think he needs another season in the Premiership, at times when he dribbles I genuinely thought it was Hazard who had the ball and knits things together well but he lacks the extra bit of sharpness for me, I don't know if that comes with being paired with other midfield options.

If we have the opportunity to sign him for £30-35m in the summer, in today's market, I think it'd be good business. Even though he has much more than Barkley, I put them in the same category right now, decent options, nothing special, does in and around enough but nothing more. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

If we are signing Barella, he will go back to Madrid.

I thought he was a replacement for fabregas as well as backing up  jorginho or kante. RLC could be out for a while and barkley hasn't been playing well.

I thought he was a replacement for fabregas as well as backing up  jorginho or kante. RLC could be out for a while and barkley hasn't been playing well.

Would like to see him in the Jorginho role. He’s comfortable with the ball and can play under pressure. That would free up his position to a more attack minded midfielder like Loftus-Cheek in the Hamsik role. Right now he doesn’t really offer much offensively and like Barkley, plays it way too safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk