Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

On 03/08/2018 at 10:56 AM, Unionjack said:

I'd snatch his bollocks off but it makes me wonder WHY?? Hes a DM,.the wee baldy mans job.. I'm scared!

Chelsea on Kovacic, but Real makes a wall

Mourinho left humiliated as €60m Real Madrid star asks for Chelsea move

Date published: Friday 3rd August 2018 10:19

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.calciomercato.it/news/312438/calciomercato_esclusivo_chelsea_su_kovacic_ma_il_real_fa_muro&prev=search

He’s not a DM. He is rounded can play deeper if needed maybe but he’s a more offensive midfielder. He would play Barkleys role probably taking into account Kante and Jorginho are nailed on to start. He made his mark as a attacking midfielder in Croatia and for a bit at Inter but has was taken deeper a bit by Benitez and Zizou. He would be a great fit here regardless.

I think he's mostly thought of as a defensive midfielder because Real play (played) more in a 4231.  

Defensive midfielders don't usually make runs like these:  

C'mon Pedulla, give us more "hot days"

Link to the article:  https://www.alfredopedulla.com/esclusiva-chelsea-tra-courtois-e-due-opzioni-per-la-porta-kovacic-chiodo-fisso/

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think he's mostly thought of as a defensive midfielder because Real play (played) more in a 4231.  

Defensive midfielders don't usually make runs like these:  

Yeah it’s just becaue he plays in that 2 deeper positions unless it’s bigger game and they go with a 3. He normally would sub in for Modric or rotate with him so he’s hardly a DM. Kroos and Modric normally have Casemiro anchoring behind them for the big matches from what I seen even then they played with a diamond a lot last season too with Isco off the front I think. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah it’s just becaue he plays in that 2 deeper positions. He normally would sub in for Modric or rotate with him so he’s hardly a DM. Kroos and Modric normally have Casemiro anchoring behind them.

I see him as a classic No. 8 type.  CM, but whose attacking qualities are better than their defensive.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

My only real issue with this is it doesn't go any way to helping our goal scoring problems.

As a straight up finisher, no.  As someone who can help us keep the ball and play the correct pass, yes.

If Morata can't get his head on straight, it's all for naught, I agree.

This guy is an animal. Would love him here. It would be a fantastic signing in my humble opinion. Excellent ball control. Epic runs from deep. Can pass. Even has the odd 5 star skill move in his locker.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

CHELSEA target Mateo Kovacic has reportedly refused to train at Real Madrid as he looks to force a move away.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/721659/Chelsea-Real-Madrid-Mateo-Kovacic-transfer-news-Premier-League-Bernabeu-CFC-Sarri-gossip/amp

If true, do we really want yet another player with this kind of attitude

----

That loan deal would be perfect though. We get him for a year and then bring in Mason Mount next season