Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

2 hours ago, James said:

If he does well for us this season no way will Madrid sell now, the lack of a buy out clause is big indication that Perez wants him to stay. Reports in Spain have suggested that Madrid think he is the natural successor to Modric so basically its a win-win for them. Kovacic gets to play highly competitive football and by the time he returns next year Modric will be almost 34, perfect from a Madrid  point of view. 

It's positive for Chelsea as well, we are getting a quality player that probably makes our midfield trio the best in the league alongside City's. Also if he is a success and returns to Madrid next season at least the board know we have to replace him with a similar type of player, it's not ideal but definitely an upgrade on the likes of Baka, Drinkwater and Cesc. 

Hey.  A deal where both sides win.  How about that?

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats if everything goes in our favour. Real can slap 100m price on him if he has stellar season here. Hell, they might even want to keep him and he will love playing there if thats the case. If he is average, yeah we can get him, but then we would have to pay like 50m for someone who had average season...

Next year we will have the money like this year. We only spent 60m on new player, while GK was a panic/freak situation because we had to sell our first choice GK. Like Morata after Costa left. We hardly spend big on someone that we arent replacing, but rather adding to squad.

Besides Tibo likely brought 40m, thats 30m tops on Kepa after balancing out.

Jorginho for 60 and Kepa for 30 (plus 40m from Tibo sale)= 90m spent. Sell Baka, Drinks etc and you have enough for good mid.

This isnt excuse we couldnt afford another quality midfielder, but obviously not last day ffs because board is plain and simply stupid for taking the time with every damn thing.

''At the same time, we managed to greatly improve our team for a year, for free. ''

Here is the catch, like you said Kovacic isnt marquee name to add some boost, just a quality talent. And for only that I dont want to improve my team for just one year. I rather drive Audi for next 10 years than Porsche for a year and then drive some crap for 9 years. Long term is all what the board should be about. And if one Kovacic alone will drasticly improve us, then we realy are crap team haha.

The board should not just be about long term. 

People get caught up in the hype over teams like Spurs and Liverpool with their long term projects. But it hasn't materialised into trophies which is the only true measure of success of the top clubs and it may never materialise. City are still the team to beat and who's to say that another team like us or United don't rise back up again. You can't just back on a long term vision because you never know what may happen with other clubs, your own players, etc a season or further from now. 

Yes, one eye on the future should always be there but primary focus should also be on the present. It's part of the reason why we've been so successful over the last 15 years. 

Despite all of our problems last season we weren't a million miles away from top 4 and if Kovacic contributes to making up that difference for us to get back into the top 4 this season, winning a cup, etc then the deal has been successful for Chelsea irrespective of whether there is an option to buy or not. 

And IF Chelsea want to buy him permanently and he carries a large price tag then i'm sure the club will look to compete for him. The signing of Kepa shows that the club will pay the money for the right player and a reasonable chunk of money can be raised selling some of our squad players like Bakayoko in much the same way as Courtois helped fund a proportion of Kepa.

Let's just focus on this next season which is of most importance at present. Our midfield options suddenly look far stronger than they did at the end of last season with Jorginho, Kovacic, a returning RLC and a fully fit Barkley. We suddenly don't just have a stellar starting midfield but we also have a lot of strength in depth now.

Tell me this doesn't get the Blue in your heart pumping. Specially as the Dippers had a verbal agreement to sign him last summer too.

Some Tottenham fans react as Chelsea seal deal for Mateo Kovacic

Chelsea have beaten Tottenham to the signing of Mateo Kovacic.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/08/some-tottenham-fans-react-as-chelsea-seal-deal-for-mateo-kovacic/

11 hours ago, milan.cech said:

When was the last time we had a player on loan from another team? Pato and before that Quaresma? :D 

I am soooo looking forward to watching him between Jorginho and Hazard!

Falcao in between. And Maniche I can think of. 

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats if everything goes in our favour. Real can slap 100m price on him if he has stellar season here. Hell, they might even want to keep him and he will love playing there if thats the case. If he is average, yeah we can get him, but then we would have to pay like 50m for someone who had average season...

Next year we will have the money like this year. We only spent 60m on new player, while GK was a panic/freak situation because we had to sell our first choice GK. Like Morata after Costa left. We hardly spend big on someone that we arent replacing, but rather adding to squad.

Besides Tibo likely brought 40m, thats 30m tops on Kepa after balancing out.

Jorginho for 60 and Kepa for 30 (plus 40m from Tibo sale)= 90m spent. Sell Baka, Drinks etc and you have enough for good mid.

This isnt excuse we couldnt afford another quality midfielder, but obviously not last day ffs because board is plain and simply stupid for taking the time with every damn thing.

''At the same time, we managed to greatly improve our team for a year, for free. ''

Here is the catch, like you said Kovacic isnt marquee name to add some boost, just a quality talent. And for only that I dont want to improve my team for just one year. I rather drive Audi for next 10 years than Porsche for a year and then drive some crap for 9 years. Long term is all what the board should be about. And if one Kovacic alone will drasticly improve us, then we realy are crap team haha.

All signs have pointed to less spending this summer due to finishing outside the top 4 and so with no CL money this year. If we make top 4 this year, we will spend as much if not more next year. 

Kovacic greatly improves on what we have regardless of whether he plays to his potential or not. All our other options have huge weaknesses. Barkley isn't an actual CM especially on the defensive side, exactly the same issues amplified for RLC and Fabregas runs like a tubby toddler. Kovacic can defend, press high, has good passing and can drive better than Bakayoko ever did with the ball. 

I think our top 4 hopes have greatly improved. And if it's only certain for one year, it's better to be a team in the CL looking for  a replacement next year than deciding to do nothing this year and leave holes in the team.

Let's also remember Kovacic will have 2 years left on his contract next summer. He's hardly happy to stay in Madrid atm. They will sell next year if they do sell at all. 

Also. Madrid are hardly the only ones with an ace. Don't they want a certain Even Hazard? 

Are u guys yet on this same issue...Madrid has no leverage as far this issue is concerned...He has made his intention of leaving known for a very longtime now...just like have said he likes it here and enjoys first team football...then he can decide to make the deal permanent provided we pay Madrid fee... 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Ahh reading the Madristas completely slagging us off, saying that we are developing this guy for them is soo fucking annoying. I hate them beyond belief.

Nonsense if he is a success for us we can buy him next year  . He must force for a move though.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

If he really sign for us then our midfield option change from kante bakayoko Fabregas to jorginho kante Kovacic. 

That is one massive improvement 

On the paper, yes. But in reality, it will take a lot of time to build some chemistry. I think we'll stick with the old guard for the start of the season and then gradually integrate the newcomers, after a few practice sessions and games.

The Premier League is going to be a very very tough competition this season. Some teams improved their squad by signing new players (Liverpool, Everton - I think Richarlison is a great signing for them, City), while others improved by keeping their best ones (Spurs, Liverpool again, United, Arsenal). Just think about it. No big name, except for maybe Courtois, has left the Premier League during this window and the only way someone does is if Barca works some wonders and signs Pogba. Which won't happen, by any means. 

Also, the teams that got promoted are looking quite sharp, specially Fulham and Wolves. Newcastle kept their manager, so did Burnley and Huddersfield. I'm very interested in seeing how West Ham and Everton do as well, specially because of their new managers. I really think it's going to be very very tough and we cannot afford missing the start like we did last season. Even then it was extremely difficult to catch up. This time it will be impossible. 

Kovacic has the potential of becoming an essential player for Chelsea, but if we take a risk with him, he might unfairly turn into a dissapointment real quick. I hope Sarri is a patient man.  

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

skysports-mateo-kovacic-la-liga_4384285.jpg

Have read every article and watched every bit of footage that I could find on him and they all make it look like we have got 1 amazing lad with us . Nice to be able to relax about another position we filled.

12 hours ago, milan.cech said:

When was the last time we had a player on loan from another team? Pato and before that Quaresma? :D 

I am soooo looking forward to watching him between Jorginho and Hazard!

Don't forget Falcao mmm about time we had a decent loan !!!

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Tell me this doesn't get the Blue in your heart pumping. Specially as the Dippers had a verbal agreement to sign him last summer too.

Some Tottenham fans react as Chelsea seal deal for Mateo Kovacic

Chelsea have beaten Tottenham to the signing of Mateo Kovacic.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/08/some-tottenham-fans-react-as-chelsea-seal-deal-for-mateo-kovacic/

I feel a Willian mark 2 remix song coming to a shed near you! asap

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Have read every article and watched every bit of footage that I could find on him and they all make it look like we have got 1 amazing lad with us . Nice to be able to relax about another position we filled.

Yeah get a young quality winger and my cacks would relax ! and for CFC not being in the champions league this window has been decent.