Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

2 minutes ago, Robguima said:

@eemanyooel hopefully, we shall see.

So, what's the best scenario here? He plays well, but not too well? Like he does well, but RM think they can do without him. Then he loves london and Chelsea and wants to stay.

So, never boo him, like ever, even if he plays like Bakayoko. :) Let's hope he keeps his best performances for practice sessions only. (no I'm not serious here)

His Coach came out and said They will sign a very high level replacement quality for Kovacic...that means something...Madrid doesn't give a shot especially if they have a very good season and we are able to pay his price plus they really rated Ceballos more than him due to Spanish nationality though...

If he does well for us this season no way will Madrid sell now, the lack of a buy out clause is big indication that Perez wants him to stay. Reports in Spain have suggested that Madrid think he is the natural successor to Modric so basically its a win-win for them. Kovacic gets to play highly competitive football and by the time he returns next year Modric will be almost 34, perfect from a Madrid  point of view. 

It's positive for Chelsea as well, we are getting a quality player that probably makes our midfield trio the best in the league alongside City's. Also if he is a success and returns to Madrid next season at least the board know we have to replace him with a similar type of player, it's not ideal but definitely an upgrade on the likes of Baka, Drinkwater and Cesc. 

6 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Last time I check he doesn't have a release clause yet...and just like previous players Morata though he is currently shit James Rodriguez and the test...if he wants the move permanently they don't have any leverage... There is a reason they were demanding €60m before our loan issue of a thing came up...if he wants the move...we pay and if not its not the end of the world....fucking loads of talented attacking midfielders out there suitable for sarriball...club only needs to identify the best quality...

Every player playing in La Liga has a Release clause..

13 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

All you guys carrying option to buy on head like anything special...do u realise there is a reason Madrid slap €60m price tag on him...If he enjoys it here which I  sure he will...he has the leverage to seek for permanent transfer and provided we meet Madrid asking price because he doesn't see his future in Santiago considering the fact they rated Dani Ceballos and regard him as long term Modric replacement...

Its big shame he doesnt have buy clause. Madrid here wins every single time. If Kovacic performs well, they can take him back or demand big money.

What I dont like is if we end up polishing him and he decides to go back to Madrid, because I have no doubt that even if he enjoys playing here and all, he will go back to Real. All they have to say is ''we will give you regular play time''. He wont pick us ahead of them IMO.

I realy like we have Kovacic here, he could end up great loan, but this is sweet-sour situation because we might lose him even if he plays well for us. We dont have realy ambitious season ahead and we might give that playtime and polishing to some other player we actualy own instead of doing the business for Real and losing him next summer.

Anyway welcome Mateo. At least this season, we could see fantastic midfield.

Sarri doesn`t really know the  senior squad he inherited yet,the youth talent..he`ll need a lot longer than he`s had in this short summer. by next summer he will know it better and can make decision if we need Kovacic then. unless we win the league and Kovacic is player of the year he`s likely to remain an after thought by Real. him say having a good Europa league campaign is not gonna make them really think he`s better than what they got. Kovacic is pissed off with Real and there`s burnt bridges there that might not be fixed. most good to great players enjoy their time at Chelsea.i`d say he`s gonna be one of them and won`t want to go back to the bench there because the "you can take over from Modric" carrot can just as easily be taken away when a shiney new toy of a player burst onto the scene. either way tho there are plenty of options out there for his position.when we have plenty of time to work out a deal. this short before the window closes he`s our best one.

potentially we could have used the we will swap our good player who wants to leave for your good player who wants to leave. both Cuntois and Kovacic are worth about the same but we left it too late. we found ourselves in a bad place and we got out of it pretty well all things considered. next summer we should have a better time of it..Sarri knowing who exactly he wants to keep who to sell,who he needs to buy etc..

1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

So we get a really good last minute loan signing to boost the midfield but cause there’s uncertainty over an option to buy some are negative. Bloody hell give it a rest! 

Well its sweet sour signing. Just exactly what you would expect from Chelsea board. They actualy manage to get their hands on Kovacic (who is quite big talent), but they manage to somewhat undo it by loaning without an option. Real puts price at 100m next summer and we are out of the race. And all the Real jokes if we develop Kovacic and he says fuck you and goes back to Real to further improve, and we only watch how good he performs while us stuck back to square one.

I cant understand people still have short term thinking here. We realy have to start with long term planning ffs. What will happen next summer? We lose Kovacic, we still will need LB and striker and probably RW etc etc. We have to slowly fix the squad and short term fixes shouldnt be an option. Unless club is confident they can land Kovacic next summer, I have no idea why would they agree to loan. It would feel like small club mentality.

All we need now is Modrić to leave too. That will leave Real with no option than to buy one top class midfielder on a long term deal, which means bye bye place for Mateo. If Modrić stays, they will easily sell him next summer and have power to convince Mateo there is a place for him.

15 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well its sweet sour signing. Just exactly what you would expect from Chelsea board. They actualy manage to get their hands on Kovacic (who is quite big talent), but they manage to somewhat undo it by loaning without an option. Real puts price at 100m next summer and we are out of the race. And all the Real jokes if we develop Kovacic and he says fuck you and goes back to Real to further improve, and we only watch how good he performs while us stuck back to square one.

I cant understand people still have short term thinking here. We realy have to start with long term planning ffs. What will happen next summer? We lose Kovacic, we still will need LB and striker and probably RW etc etc. We have to slowly fix the squad and short term fixes shouldnt be an option. Unless club is confident they can land Kovacic next summer, I have no idea why would they agree to loan. It would feel like small club mentality.

Let's keep this in context. We spent 70m on a keeper. By loaning Kovacic, we were able to replace our AWOL keeper with a replacement that suits the managers style. 

At the same time, we managed to greatly improve our team for a year, for free. 

Next year, we will have the money. IF WE WANT KOVACIC NEXT YEAR WE CAN STILL BUY HIM. 

Finish in the top 4 and CL will help recruiting players anyway. As will a settled Sarri side. 

2 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Let's keep this in context. We spent 70m on a keeper. By loaning Kovacic, we were able to replace our AWOL keeper with a replacement that suits the managers style. 

At the same time, we managed to greatly improve our team for a year, for free. 

Next year, we will have the money. IF WE WANT KOVACIC NEXT YEAR WE CAN STILL BUY HIM. 

Finish in the top 4 and CL will help recruiting players anyway. As will a settled Sarri side. 

Thats if everything goes in our favour. Real can slap 100m price on him if he has stellar season here. Hell, they might even want to keep him and he will love playing there if thats the case. If he is average, yeah we can get him, but then we would have to pay like 50m for someone who had average season...

Next year we will have the money like this year. We only spent 60m on new player, while GK was a panic/freak situation because we had to sell our first choice GK. Like Morata after Costa left. We hardly spend big on someone that we arent replacing, but rather adding to squad.

Besides Tibo likely brought 40m, thats 30m tops on Kepa after balancing out.

Jorginho for 60 and Kepa for 30 (plus 40m from Tibo sale)= 90m spent. Sell Baka, Drinks etc and you have enough for good mid.

This isnt excuse we couldnt afford another quality midfielder, but obviously not last day ffs because board is plain and simply stupid for taking the time with every damn thing.

''At the same time, we managed to greatly improve our team for a year, for free. ''

Here is the catch, like you said Kovacic isnt marquee name to add some boost, just a quality talent. And for only that I dont want to improve my team for just one year. I rather drive Audi for next 10 years than Porsche for a year and then drive some crap for 9 years. Long term is all what the board should be about. And if one Kovacic alone will drasticly improve us, then we realy are crap team haha.

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats if everything goes in our favour. Real can slap 100m price on him if he has stellar season here. Hell, they might even want to keep him and he will love playing there if thats the case. If he is average, yeah we can get him, but then we would have to pay like 50m for someone who had average season...

Next year we will have the money like this year. We only spent 60m on new player, while GK was a panic/freak situation because we had to sell our first choice GK. Like Morata after Costa left. We hardly spend big on someone that we arent replacing, but rather adding to squad.

Besides Tibo likely brought 40m, thats 30m tops on Kepa after balancing out.

Jorginho for 60 and Kepa for 30 (plus 40m from Tibo sale)= 90m spent. Sell Baka, Drinks etc and you have enough for good mid.

This isnt excuse we couldnt afford another quality midfielder, but obviously not last day ffs because board is plain and simply stupid for taking the time with every damn thing.

''At the same time, we managed to greatly improve our team for a year, for free. ''

Here is the catch, like you said Kovacic isnt marquee name to add some boost, just a quality talent. And for only that I dont want to improve my team for just one year. I rather drive Audi for next 10 years than Porsche for a year and then drive some crap for 9 years. Long term is all what the board should be about. And if one Kovacic alone will drasticly improve us, then we realy are crap team haha.

Except you get the Porsche for free for a year and can buy an Audi for 10 years next year if you want. Or even keep the Porsche for 9 additional years after the free year if you can afford it.

Good to see him come in. Sarri said it would take 3 months for him to get his style across and with signings like this, it would help make it a further step closer. As others said, perfect chnacea for Sarri to assess the level of players we have here for the season and then start to make additional changes if need be. Hell we could arrange something in January if all goes well.

Nice to see some more optimism into the season now, let's see if they can add a striker or winger before the deadline, though unlikely.....

8 minutes ago, laeth said:

Except you get the Porsche for free for a year and can buy an Audi for 10 years next year if you want. Or even keep the Porsche for 9 additional years after the free year if you can afford it.

Mate, judging by how great our board is, we will get Fiat next summer.

It leaves a bit of sour taste not having buy-out option after all is done, especially to me who was watching Mateo since he was much younger and always admired him. But well, I guess we need to survive this season. Let's survive this season first, all other questions should be asked later.

If he leaves after one year by any chance, I guess RLC or Barkley would come good by then to be enough. It's still a very very good move.