Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

8 minutes ago, El P. said:

Option to buy means that if Kovačić wants stay with CFC and CFC wants him, Real must sell him? But for which price?

It was speculated that real would want 60-70m €

1 hour ago, El P. said:

One more thing - he could play at DMF role  sometimes, if Jorgi is not available. He is not optimal there, but still a lot better than Fabregas. So, we could play Kovačić - Kante - Barkley / RLC, why not? We have EPL, CC, FAC, EL to play, there will be chances for all. We just need to offload Drinkayoko.

Barkley or RLC could also fill sometimes at "wingers" positions, being false wingers. Both have enough speed to play that and have played that in past.

This.

If Jorginho is unavailable then Kovacic can step into his position. This will do nicely and missing out on Golovin also worked out quite well!

10 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

It would be a very good sign. But, he scored only 1 goal during his 3 years at RM, right? So, we would have to rely on Morata to score? 

one league goal yes. although feeding Ronaldo would have been his main job..Ronaldo would even knock his own players out of the way to get a shot in. I`d expect him to score a few more with us although he only scored 1 goal in 46 caps for Croatia too. he has scored I believe 23 goals in all during his pro career. 

we`ll boss the midfield with him Kante and Jorginho. we`ll just have to see where the goals come from when Sarri has the squad up to speed.  

3 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

one league goal yes. although feeding Ronaldo would have been his main job..Ronaldo would even knock his own players out of the way to get a shot in. I`d expect him to score a few more with us although he only scored 1 goal in 46 caps for Croatia too. he has scored I believe 23 goals in all during his pro career. 

we`ll boss the midfield with him Kante and Jorginho. we`ll just have to see where the goals come from when Sarri has the squad up to speed.  

His time in Croatia is a bit fucked up. He is great player, but Modrić and Rakitić were better so he didn't really have a chance to shine. I remember a lot of times coaches puting him and Modrić at midfield-two, and Rakitić in front of them. And a lot of time he came off the bench, like on this last WC.

I mean, he may not be the best of goalscorers, but with some tweaks, with consistency and being most advanced midfielder - he could improve it.