Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

As expected, no option to buy. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/07/chelsea-kepa-arrizabalaga-athletic-bilbao-record

Chelsea would not have an option to make the move permanent next summer, with Real considering him a long-term successor for his compatriot, Luka Modric.

2 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Then it looks like a panic move, like most of our deals in the transfer window.

Can we all not celebrate just for one day that Kovacic will be with us this season. Lets not forget who our other options were. His future will sort itself out, but what we do know is that in the arms race that is this seasons premier league Chelsea added 2 big guns today.

51 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Well, if he likes it in London, actually makes it and wishes to stay permanently, Real could use that to get Hazard. Dangerous game this.

OR we get good players, like actually good players, do well in the season and Hazard decides to stay on instead. A worthy game this.

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Can we all not celebrate just for one day that Kovacic will be with us this season. Lets not forget who our other options were. His future will sort itself out, but what we do know is that in the arms race that is this seasons premier league Chelsea added 2 big guns today.

Fair point.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

OR we get good players, like actually good players, do well in the season and Hazard decided to stay on instead. A worthy game this.

Hopefully, Jason. Hopefully. Real focusing on getting Neymar/Mbappe might help too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/07/chelsea-kepa-arrizabalaga-athletic-bilbao-record

The Spanish club have offered the unsettled Croatia midfielder effectively as a sweetener to ensure their pursuit of Courtois reaches a positive conclusion. Kovacic has made clear a desire to play more regularly in the first team, reiterating that stance ahead of training in the Spanish capital on Tuesday, and will be permitted to leave for the season. Chelsea would not have an option to make the move permanent next summer, with Real considering him a long-term successor for his compatriot, Luka Modric.

No option to make the move permanent, according to the Guardian.

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Hopefully, Jason. Hopefully. Real focusing on getting Neymar/Mbappe might help too.

If you're Hazard are you a slight bit let down that Madrid had the chance to go all out for you, but didnt? It seemed like they wanted him to make noise to get a cut rate price instead of valuing him as a Must have star. Perhaps its just my thinking but that might play into Chelseas favour. Feels to me like Neymar/Mbappe will be the Madrid focus from a marketing & goal scoring perspective at least, if we make Hazard the focal point in a Sarri system and pay him, I think he could stay. 

Just now, akgw13 said:

If you're Hazard are you a slight bit let down that Madrid had the chance to go all out for you, but didnt? It seemed like they wanted him to make noise to get a cut rate price instead of valuing him as a Must have star. Perhaps its just my thinking but that might play into Chelseas favour. Feels to me like Neymar/Mbappe will be the Madrid focus from a marketing & goal scoring perspective at least, if we make Hazard the focal point in a Sarri system and pay him, I think he could stay. 

True and does Hazard himself really want the Real move? It seems like he can't decide for himself. He's made it clear enough times that he wants to go there but at the same time, he doesn't appear willing enough to force the move - like hand in a transfer request etc. 

Just now, Jason said:

True and does Hazard himself really want the Real move? It seems like he can't decide for himself. He's made it clear enough times that he wants to go there but at the same time, he doesn't appear willing enough to force the move - like hand in a transfer request etc. 

It really is quite the odd situation. I just feel like he wants to be valued and wanted, I don't think Madrid woo'd him the way they should have if they were serious about him. Even their fans seemed rather indifferent for him preferring their spanish stars and even Harry Kane instead of him! I thought for sure he was going to Madrid, but now I think with some love and Sarrismo he could genuinely stay.

30 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Where's @Unionjack?

He hasn't started his party without us, has he?

49539c54f54a4af5cb7f8d2ae1910dc8.jpg

Image result for volcano weed

Nutter. Thats a Savic kinda party.

We certainly dont have a Kovacic style of player with us. I can only see this s a win win as Baks has gone too.

Its getting better.

4 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

That's what I was saying before.

We gave Madrid the chance to show him some love.  We said "we think you should be the record transfer fee".  We want you to be a Chelsea player for life.  So, let's see what Real think of you. 

So, Real, here's your chance to woo him and show him how much you love him.  They basically sent him a dick pic and "Netflix and chill?".

They want Neymar next summer, IMO.