Jorginho

Unionjack

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Too defensive for my taste.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Nahh not for me, not in the big games anyway. We need all 3 vs the big dogs to take control of the game. Thats one mean midfield right there imo.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
5 hours ago, Special Juan said:
The technique is weird but wonderful, what composure.

When it works. I just hope that's always the case going forward.

Apart from the one time it was saved against Ederson he's sent the keeper the wrong way every time. If keepers were getting close id say he's playing with fire a bit but they ain't.

Coming up to games against us I am very certain opposition keepers are studying those penalties hard trying to suss out how he does it yet he keeps sending them for hot dogs.

He obviously has a method else he'd have been found out by now. Excluding any potential penalty shootouts for Napoli (as transfermarkt don't have data for shootouts) he's scored 20 and missed 2. Unless your names Matt Me Tisser that's a fantastic record.

Apart from the one time it was saved against Ederson he's sent the keeper the wrong way every time. If keepers were getting close id say he's playing with fire a bit but they ain't.
Coming up to games against us I am very certain opposition keepers are studying those penalties hard trying to suss out how he does it yet he keeps sending them for hot dogs.
He obviously has a method else he'd have been found out by now. Excluding any potential penalty shootouts for Napoli (as transfermarkt don't have data for shootouts) he's scored 20 and missed 2. Unless your names Matt Me Tisser that's a fantastic record.

He doesn't just play for Chelsea btw -

The style of PK isn't something he does all the time either. Sure he didn't do it in the Super Cup IIRC.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

The style of PK isn't something he does all the time either. Sure he didn't do it in the Super Cup IIRC.

He put a bit more beef behind the second last night which is good to see. Not because I think there's anything wrong with his 'usual' style, but because extra variety keeps the keepers guessing.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He put a bit more beef behind the second last night which is good to see. Not because I think there's anything wrong with his 'usual' style, but because extra variety keeps the keepers guessing.

I liked that too. The goalie probably would not have saved it even if he had gone the right way. This is critical as at some point a keeper will wait for Jorginho to make his mind up and then jump. Jorginho knows he thus has to strike the ball well enough to give a late jumper no chance. 

We have seen this before with Hazard and Müller taking pens, waiting for the keeper to pick a side and strike the ball blindly. If the goalie does not switch a side, they strike with power, usually to their left. Jorginho has developed a unique variation of that with this silly hop. Usually you would require a strong standing foot to make a shot but Jorginho still manages to generate some power, hopping into his shot. But what the hop does is buying him more time to look at the keeper while still being able to look down at the ball for a last moment.