Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

5. Jorginho


Jas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Supermonkey said:

The man had a great tackle on Benzema. 

 

Think I'd play him over kovacic in the final 

I saw that. He also nutmegged Militao on the byline so smoothly I thought he was havertz on first glance.

Defensively he was carried a lot by Kante. I probably would start Kovacic in the final if he is 100% then.Jorginho can come on to calm games down but we will need every pair of legs vs that monstrous city side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of me desperately want to see the people suffer a meltdown over Jorginho had he gone to Man City and done well under Guardiola. Those same fellas who are criticizing now would be the same ones ba

I'm fuckin ashamed at peeps booing Jorgi. Call themselves supporters. Why the fuck does he get singled out when all the other cunts play shit useless too? Such selective memories of some! I'm gon

He’s made the most forward passes in the PL so this is rubbish. Open up your mind, expand your football knowledge. Learn the regista role and what it’s meant to do, it’s function in a team. 

Posted Images

hace 22 minutos, Magic Lamps dijo:

I saw that. He also nutmegged Militao on the byline so smoothly I thought he was havertz on first glance.

Defensively he was carried a lot by Kante. I probably would start Kovacic in the final if he is 100% then.Jorginho can come on to calm games down but we will need every pair of legs vs that monstrous city side.

Defensively carried? I would have to disagree.

I think Jorginho more than held his own out there defensively also tonight. Otherwise the whole team performance wouldnt have been so strong as particularly second half we really kicked it up a notch, you need both CMs to do the dirty stuff. Kante maybe looked like he was getting more in peoples faces but Jorginho was booked on the 14th minute (his only foul all game IIRC) so whilat walking a potential tightrope, to still have made the game high amount of 6 interceptions and 2 tackles which was more than Kante’s 5 inteceptions and 1 tackle, shows he did more than hold his own imo.

Yes Kante was excellent tonight no doubt but also this was hugely to the fact he made 3 key passes and carried the ball very well on top of his interceptions and tackle as well as being heavily involved for both goals.

I think, much like the Matic-Kante partnership with Conte, this Jorginho and Kante partnership only works so well when both players play well in there. Lets not forget they played a 3 in there tonight Madrid with Casemiro, Kroos and Modric and bar an iffy bit in the first half when he got booked, you couldn’t really say Jorginho put a foot wrong.

I get people are always split on him but don’t think theres anyone who could say he was a passenger or carried tonight. Not a chance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to be brutal but WBA and Arsenal - both defeats are solely on him and no one else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
hace 8 minutos, Milan dijo:

I am going to be brutal but WBA and Arsenal - both defeats are solely on him and no one else.

Would be hugely harsh to say that.

West Brom was a shit show from start to finish. Defence, midfield and attack, narrowing it down to one person would he incredibly daft.

Even tonight, aye he’s basically gifted them their goal but at the same time theres 11 out there and the attackers have been the most disappointing players for me. No genuine input tonight second half and guiltily of missing big chances first half.

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would be hugely harsh to say that.

West Brom was a shit show from start to finish. Defence, midfield and attack, narrowing it down to one person would he incredibly daft.

Even tonight, aye he’s basically gifted them their goal but at the same time theres 11 out there and the attackers have been the most disappointing players for me. No genuine input tonight second half and guiltily of missing big chances first half.

Have to disagree, sorry. Against WBA we were winning but his collapse meant us going 1 man down and the collapse could not be stopped. And Arsenal? No matter how shitty we were, Arsenal created nothing and would create nothing. He just lost it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 1 minuto, Milan dijo:

Have to disagree, sorry. Against WBA we were winning but his collapse meant us going 1 man down and the collapse could not be stopped. And Arsenal? No matter how shitty we were, Arsenal created nothing and would create nothing. He just lost it.

And if Havertz scored his chance or Pulisic? Or Zouma? Or Giroud there?

Goals win games, we havent created enough second half and the reaction would be different otherwise. 

Mount, Pulisic, Havertz, CHO, Giroud have all been worse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And if Havertz scored his chance or Pulisic? Or Zouma? Or Giroud there?

Goals win games, we havent created enough second half and the reaction would be different otherwise. 

Mount, Pulisic, Havertz, CHO, Giroud have all been worse. 

Does not matter, them missing chances does not equal us conceding goals (which leads to losing games). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milan said:

Does not matter, them missing chances does not equal us conceding goals (which leads to losing games). 

it's the same.

Tie all matches without conceding (which isn't possible anyway) and we drop. It was a costly mistake, but let's not make it more than it was.

Plenty of time to recover, but too many bad performances to do that. Pulisic was shit. Kai missed a sitter. Odoi was even worse when he came on. Just to name a few.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What extension does this idiot want? Get outta here, consider yourself lucky that Tuchel rates you because you wouldn't even make the squad for the development team.

Edited by R2D2
Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 18 minutos, Milan dijo:

Does not matter, them missing chances does not equal us conceding goals (which leads to losing games). 

No but when you dont take your chances you always increase the risk of losing a game/dropping points. I get people are frustrated and angry with the results but we had 2/3 big chances that could of made the game 2/3-1 then nobody would be saying anything about Jorginho... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear the more I rewatch his retarded backpass the angrier I get, how the fuck can a professional player be this braindead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He always follows up a run of good games like vs City and Real with a terrible one like today. Granted Zouma was stupid to pass to a heavily pressed Jorginho in the first place but passing is the one single thing where Jorginho is supposed to be good at. Where was the point of passing a ball this hard back to goal. no one was near kepa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredibly harsh and yes he will take the flak for the mistake, but we had a long time as a team after that to right that wrong and it simply highlighted the problems with our team that existed prior to beating Madrid and City recently. Not a massive criticism, but the positivity just papered over some of those glaring cracks recently due to good results.

A kick up the arse before the weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

He always follows up a run of good games like vs City and Real with a terrible one like today. Granted Zouma was stupid to pass to a heavily pressed Jorginho in the first place but passing is the one single thing where Jorginho is supposed to be good at. Where was the point of passing a ball this hard back to goal. no one was near kepa.

It's all valid criticism, of course, but there is also the lineup change as a factor. It's not like you have a lot of time to think when under pressure at this level, so every little bit helps (or not).

Personally, I think the truth lies somewhere between shit and world class. I don't find any world class player in the Italian side at this time actually, and Jorginho is no exception. He seems to be a a good player for a very specific role, and that's about it.

Another issue we have is that neither Kovacic nor Gilmour complement Jorginho very well. Only Kante is able to, and he obviously can't always play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

It's all valid criticism, of course, but there is also the lineup change as a factor. It's not like you have a lot of time to think when under pressure at this level, so every little bit helps (or not).

Personally, I think the truth lies somewhere between shit and world class. I don't find any world class player in the Italian side at this time actually, and Jorginho is no exception. He seems to be a a good player for a very specific role, and that's about it.

Another issue we have is that neither Kovacic nor Gilmour complement Jorginho very well. Only Kante is able to, and he obviously can't always play.

To complement Jorginho it takes one hell of a player (maybe prime yaya toure with more acceleration, better long range passing  and better tackling lol) cos Jorginho can literally only play short passes . That’s it. He is terrible at almost every other aspect of the game. So for a player to complement him he needs to be good at every fkin aspect of the game. 
this lack of overall ability makes Jorginho an absolute liability and easy scapegoat as soon as he begins making mistakes in the one thing he is supposed to be good at.

while he has done a decent job in some games, I won’t shed a tear when he leaves. I strongly doubt that in a couple of years we will look back and say “oh no we never properly replaced Jorginho”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I don't find any world class player in the Italian side at this time actually, and Jorginho is no exception. 

I'm predicting Italy to win Euro. Let's see. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rewatched the back pass again and it gets even more stupid. Way too much power on it. Then you learn in youth football to place back passes beside the goal and not onto the goal. But the worst thing is, why does he not sprint back ffs? Him and Zouma not sprinting back first thing after that happened leaves thiago silva outnumbered in the middle. jorginho and zouma could have easily crowded out smith rowe if they had made any effort and nothing would have happened. just braindead on so many levels.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...