Jorginho

Unionjack

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Wasn't he playing that role under Conte and when he played at Leicester?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

No. Matic/Drinkwater was always the one that held the midfield which allowed Kante to push forward. 

On 20/09/2019 at 8:21 AM, Jason said:

I would take this seriously if Jorginho had a good passing range but the fact is that he doesn't. If your next move is invariably a square ball to somebody 5-10 yards away then it's not complicated.

A good ball player has variation of passes, different angles, weight of pass etc...Jorginho has none of that. It's either a 10 meter pass to a teammate or a lofted pass that's either under-hit or over-hit.The way Jorginho talks you would think he is prime Xavi or something.

Look at the passing range, the variation of passes, the weight of pass etc. That's who Jorginho thinks he is and he isn't even half the player.

6 hours ago, SUNZ said:

I would take this seriously if Jorginho had a good passing range but the fact is that he doesn't. If your next move is invariably a square ball to somebody 5-10 yards away then it's not complicated.

A good ball player has variation of passes, different angles, weight of pass etc...Jorginho has none of that. It's either a 10 meter pass to a teammate or a lofted pass that's either under-hit or over-hit.The way Jorginho talks you would think he is prime Xavi or something.

Look at the passing range, the variation of passes, the weight of pass etc. That's who Jorginho thinks he is and he isn't even half the player.

I would take your post seriously if you didnt start with that 🤣 and then hadnt plastered a video of Xavi one of the best midfield players of the last 15 years to use as a comparison.... you obviously dont watch the games or choose what you want to see. Still think its ridiculous people still think Jorginho is just a sideways passer. Hes not Scott McTominay for fuck sakes 🤣

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

A poor man's Fabregas when it comes to long range passing. Could put him in an empty field to play a long pass and he would put it out of the stadium. 

we badly miss those juicy passes from Cesc, a striker's dream.

On 9/22/2019 at 0:55 PM, Jason said:

A poor man's Fabregas when it comes to long range passing. Could put him in an empty field to play a long pass and he would put it out of the stadium. 

He's no Fabregas but you're making his passing out to be a joke. 

Amazing people forget the amount of times he puts our attackers through. Today no different 

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He's no Fabregas but you're making his passing out to be a joke. 

Amazing people forget the amount of times he puts our attackers through. Today no different 

Every dog has its day. And it certainly helps when the opposition tried to play an open game and give time as well as space to make passes, like Brighton did today. 

Jorginho isn't Cesc with his through balls but that isn't his role in the side, we may aswell critisize Kepa for failing in that regard while we're at it.

His role is to have us dominating the middle of the park which since his arrival we've done more often than not, ironically the one thing Cesc couldn't do for shit.

Chelsea star Jorginho was ‘absolutely outstanding’ against Brighton, says Paul Merson

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/28/chelsea-star-jorginho-absolutely-outstanding-brighton-says-paul-merson-10826324/

Jorginho impressed Arsenal legend Paul Merson as Chelsea beat Brighton

Paul Merson showered Jorginho with praise after Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Brighton and backed Frank Lampard’s side to secure a top-four finish in the Premier League. Brighton frustrated Chelsea for 50 minutes at Stamford Bridge before Adam Webster fouled Mason Mount inside the penalty area to allow Jorginho to break the deadlock from the spot. Willian’s deflected strike with 15 minutes remaining sealed three points and Lampard was delighted to come away from the match with his first clean sheet as Chelsea manager. Jorginho impressed from the base of Chelsea’s midfield throughout and Merson claimed the Italian was ‘absolutely outstanding’ after the final whistle.

The former Napoli star has now scored three goals in 11 appearances for the Blues this season. ‘I thought Jorginho was absolutely outstanding,’ former Arsenal midfielder Merson told Sky Sports. ‘What’s helping him is he’s got legs around him. He’s got [Mason] Mount, Willian, [Ross] Barkley, and he just gives them the ball, he can spray it around the pitch. ‘He is probably one of the best penalty takers in the league in my opinion, too.

snip

Frank Lampard lavishes praise on "leader" Jorginho

By Matt Law, European Football Editor | 42s

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has lavished praise on midfielder Jorginho's leadership qualities.

The 27-year-old struggled to show his best form for the Blues last season after arriving from Napoli.

The Italy international has been key for Lampard in the early stages of the 2019-20 campaign, however, and scored in Saturday's 2-0 win over Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League.

The Chelsea manager has branded Jorginho "one of the leaders" at the club and has urged the younger players to look up to the experienced midfielder, who has over 350 professional appearances to his name.

"He's a leader in his personality. Whatever happened last year, I wasn't here. For whatever reason, people will make judgements, but all I can judge is what I see in front of me and from pre-season he has been one of the leaders, clearly, in the dressing room and on the pitch," Sky Sports News quotes Lampard as saying.

"He wants to win, and I know that should be the basics and it is the basics for everyone, but to show it in everything you do is important. He does that, so I'm pleased with Jorgie and the young players need to look up to that attitude he has daily."

Chelsea will be looking to secure their first Champions League points of the season when they travel to Lille on Wednesday night.

snip

Thought he was best on ground last night along with Tomori. 

He keeps the ball moving and forces runs from our players if they are stagnant. Hard to do when you have Willian and Barkley in the team, but the rest seem to cotton on quick. 

I also think he has been quite good defensively. Works hard and breaks up a lot of play and counter attacks. He is disruptive and reads the game well enough to be in the right positions to at least impact the opposition going forward in some way.