Jorginho

Unionjack

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Captain material. So vocal on the pitch. 

Couldnt agree more. Frank aluded to it and so has Sarri in the past.

He really is the most vocal player on the pitch for us I would say. Really looks up for it, makes sure people know when hes not happy or is free to take the ball or whatever. Hes also very involved when theres been fouls contesting the refs call (although you have to toe the line with that at times), he was at the ref a few times tonight (thought she did a good job actually, she refereed at the womens world cup and compared to the refereeing standards I seen when that was on, she had a very good game). He really looks at home and carrying on after the end of last season. Top player.

Plus the penalties? How calm did he look in both occasions. Balls of steel (after missing v City in February too IIRC?).

On 15/08/2019 at 1:33 PM, Mana said:

After yesterday's performance I'm going to re-evaluate Jorginho, as I dumped him in the 'below average' category (which is better than the shite category) last season.

Strange how Lampard may finally get the best out of him, while Sarri - the guy who bought him in as his main engine to Sarriball didn't.

Last 15 games last season Jorginho was good and was playing well defensively too, which was a concern for many due to his physique and lack of athleticism.

Sarri didnt not get the best out of him in my eyes, he didnt get the best out of the team. Jorginho did play well at the start too like the team but had a sticky spell in the middle but so did the whole team. Sarri slightly altered his football too not having as many forward runners off the ball like Cesc aluded to in an interview but that was to give the team more defensive structure without the ball or if we lost it. It made us struggle in the final third and obviously the over reliance on Eden didnt help. 

Jorginho has started well and also Kovacic who in the 2 games and pre season has arguably been the most consistent player under Lamps. Its a good pairing and obviously Kante was exceptional in Istanbul too. I would of still thought 433 is our best bet but 4231 is Lamps formation, its not a huge difference, the 2 gives more protection infront of the back four but in possession its basically still 433 as one of the deeper two supports the play while the other holds his position.