Jorginho

Unionjack

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Bullshit. i never changed my mind i always hated his football and was very clear that i never wanted him at the club. And many people here did not want him either.  It is also not that we lost but the way we lost, just 1 shot on target and completely clueless in defense after 6 m of practice with  Sarri. He is a shit coach and he will not get better.

Did I say u in particular? No I didn't. And you think he's shit all you want. Ppl like you are all the same blame blame blame everything on the manager 11 players on the pitch always the manager.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

No fire  sarri, sell joeginho, alonso, willian and rebuild the team. Kante  is our best player and we should build the team around him

Kante runs around up and down, having little to no influence defensively and offensively people act like he is having a great game. On the other hand people expect Jorginho to cover the back four, build up, distribute, and create. 

I think though Kante and Jorginho should switch position, think Jorginho role is very demanding. Play him more like a 8 and give him more freedom. 

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Did I say u in particular? No I didn't. And you think he's shit all you want. Ppl like you are all the same blame blame blame everything on the manager 11 players on the pitch always the manager.

11 players he runs i to the ground with his lack of rotation, 3 shit players he keeps on selecting and playing the others out of position

I believe he mentioned in his press conference before the Arsenal game that he played sometimes with Napoli a 4-2-3-1 but feels the players need to get better at the main formation first before he tried this.

I personally think he would be better served working the other way around. This team is far better suited playing 4-2-3-1 at present and would possibly improve performances and results to give Sarri more time. 4-3-3 maybe his long term plan but it might need less drastic steps to reach that and still be competing at the top end. 

I can understand Sarri's predicament though. He's been brought in based on his Napoli side and the style of football they played and with this club's history of a lack of patience for quick results he probably feels the need to keep banging his head into a door in the hope that it opens in time.

43 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

That's the formation sarri plays.... we brought him in to play that way...... he hasn't got the players yet or they are slow learners 

I agree mate sarri needs a season like pep got in his 1st season at city 

37 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

This man destroyed our midfield....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

the problem is you get no time on the ball in the PL which Jorginho got in the Italian league our Build up play is so slow we need to passed quicker 

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

the problem is you get no time on the ball in the PL which Jorginho got in the Italian league our play is so slow we need to passed quicker 

It's not just when he's under pressure right now, he even screws up the simple thru balls and passes that he would completed at Napoli with ease. He's clearly in a bad moment right now and needs a break and some more competition in his position

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

He's clearly in a bad moment right now and needs a break and some more competition in his position

I agree mate that's why I want us to sign Paredes But the iron lady fucked that deal up 🙁🙁🙁

Okay putting aside Sarri's fondness of Jorginho, can we at least cut the latter some slack?

1. This is Jorginho's first season in English football and before anyone brings up his fee, it's still a whole different league and environment and it's quite likely that he is still adjusting to the demands here.

2. Coming into a side that's ends up struggling can't be easy for anyone. He hasn't been great, sure, but he isn't the main issue or there are other pertinent issues in the squad. 

3. Sarri hasn't done Jorginho any favors by constantly playing the same tactics and same formation every week, leaving him exposed and doing nothing about it.

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay putting aside Sarri's fondness of Jorginho, can we at least cut the latter some slack?

1. This is Jorginho's first season in English football and before anyone brings up his fee, it's still a whole different league and environment and it's quite likely that he is still adjusting to the demands here.

2. Coming into a side that's ends up struggling can't be easy for anyone. He hasn't been great, sure, but he isn't the main issue or there are other pertinent issues in the squad. 

3. Sarri hasn't done Jorginho any favors by constantly playing the same tactics and same formation every week, leaving him exposed and doing nothing about it.

All fair points but the big question remains: where can he improve? He has no pace, physically very weak especially for the position he is playing, technically I don't think he can improve much at this age. So do you think he will somehow hit better passes in his 2nd season or run faster? He will always be "exposed" because of pace.

I agree he is not even top 3 of our problems at the minute, but lets not fool ourselves he is an extremely limited player and will probably remain like that