Jorginho

Unionjack

58 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Jorginho's Mum: “Jorginho really wanted to play for Guardiola. But it did not depend only on him, but on clubs as well. He asked me: 'As a player, Mum, which one would you pick: Chelsea or City?' I said Chelsea because of the greatness and stronger tradition.” #CFC

atta boy Jorginho, greatness and stronger tradition, gotta love his mom

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mccg said:

Lets have a poll on what marks out of 10 we give to Jorginho so far, £50+mill i'd give him bang average 7? ! 

Wouldnt say average at all. Hes had what one or two bad games? The price is what it was because football is mad number wise. No doubts though if City got him he'd be considered a 50m bargain...

14 hours ago, mccg said:

Lets have a poll on what marks out of 10 we give to Jorginho so far, £50+mill i'd give him bang average 7? ! 

Lets have another poll and give Eden a average rating ON THE SEASON SO FAR. To me he only shows up one in 5 games and thats not good enough.

I've been catching up with the lads and seeing how theyve been. I like Jorgi. I do admit hes a tad fragile and needs to sort out a couple of things but I;m so glad he;s here.

Saw this and liked it

I wonder if starting Loftus-Cheek instead of Kovacic would free up Jorginho. Kova just isn’t a threat going forward so the opposion focus all their attention on pressing Jorgi. I feel Ruben would draw players away from Jorgi because he makes such powerful attacking runs with the ball and is more of a threat going forward, so opposition players are forced to defend him. Jorgi thrives off space and Ruben is capable of providing it.

Hazard does it closer to goal. He draws two or three players with his dribbling then puts it on a platter for Willian, Pedro, etc.

16 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

I wonder if starting Loftus-Cheek instead of Kovacic would free up Jorginho. Kova just isn’t a threat going forward so the opposion focus all their attention on pressing Jorgi. I feel Ruben would draw players away from Jorgi because he makes such powerful attacking runs with the ball and is more of a threat going forward, so opposition players are forced to defend him. Jorgi thrives off space and Ruben is capable of providing it.

Hazard does it closer to goal. He draws two or three players with his dribbling then puts it on a platter for Willian, Pedro, etc.

Still really not sold on RLC mate. He never seems able to keep any form. I was expecting him (AND Barkley and CHO) to really step up the other night. It was the perfect situation for them to do so. But all 3 were just lain meh! Sad! And thats how RLC strikes me. Ive never seen him smile let alone be happy.

I see him out of here.

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Still really not sold on RLC mate. He never seems able to keep any form. I was expecting him (AND Barkley and CHO) to really step up the other night. It was the perfect situation for them to do so. But all 3 were just lain meh! Sad! And thats how RLC strikes me. Ive never seen him smile let alone be happy.

I see him out of here.

Fair enough mate. I think Ruben’s league form has been very good and the game you mentioned was a dead rubber in Hungary, so it’s hard to take too much away from it. He scored a hat trick in a fixture that actually meant something so he has proven that he can dominate at that level. But I agree, he needs to become more consistent. It’s hard to be match sharp when you’re not a permanent starter though, which is why I’d like to see him given a good run at it. Ditto CHO and even someone like Emerson.

His biggest fan yanked him off the pitch today. Thats when you know it was bad.
What has he actually added to our team going, though?

Showed flashes as the season begun, but he's been ineffective since the Everton game at least.

Sarri needs to drop some of his favourite or Roman could be doing it to him.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Showed flashes as the season begun, but he's been ineffective since the Everton game at least.

He passes sideways with the best of them. The Brazilian Leon Britton.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Exaxtly. In match thread I said there is no point of playing him to keep possesion if we do nothing with it. 

I swear only here, decent players fade like that and get sort of totaly useless. If he was at city, he would be PL midfielder of the year probably.

Edit: i gotta say though, our ball retention in defense and getting away from press is absolutely superb. The only thing we are doing very well. 

He was brilliant yesterday, which is why I see this thread is so quiet. At least three excellent defensive blocks/clearances, an assist (technically) for the penalty, and a dominant, box-to-box showing. Let's not forget he is still in his first season here. He will never be a world class midfielder, but he is very, very good and compliments our other midfielders nicely. 

40 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

He was brilliant yesterday, which is why I see this thread is so quiet. At least three excellent defensive blocks/clearances, an assist (technically) for the penalty, and a dominant, box-to-box showing. Let's not forget he is still in his first season here. He will never be a world class midfielder, but he is very, very good and compliments our other midfielders nicely. 

100%

For somebody whos defensive attributes are "a weakness" he was continously in the right place 4 or 5 times at key moments.

So vital to how we play with the ball too.

1 hour ago, BlueLion. said:

This. Had a few phenomenal defwnsive interventions when our defenders had fucked up. And he can still play great passes put of nowhere even if he has a quiet game. 

And what has he added to the team? Easy..he removed the need for Fabregas and thus resolved his defensive liability without us losing creativity (which tbf was not on a high level)