Jorginho

Unionjack

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

nightmare, Kante doesn't have the genius level footie preemptive offensive understanding Jorginho has

I'm only thinking as a 1 of the best defensive midfielders in the league , i'm not too fussed about his offensive nonce if he's doing what he does best(and better than Jorginho in that aspect) its not a coincidence that we hear alot from the management about improving the defensive phase etc(back to defending as a team together) and our best defensive midfielder is playing out of position ?! Hopefully Sarri and staff will sort it sooner rather than later 

1 minute ago, mccg said:

I'm only thinking as a 1 of the best defensive midfielders in the league , i'm not too fussed about his offensive nonce if he's doing what he does best(and better than Jorginho in that aspect) its not a coincidence that we hear alot from the management about improving the defensive phase etc(back to defending as a team together) and our best defensive midfielder is playing out of position ?! Hopefully Sarri and staff will sort it sooner rather than later 

playing the Jorginho role is what literally makes the entire thing work

Kante could never handle it, his passing is not even remotely up to it

I have posted this article multiple times, but it still is the gold standard

Chelsea: Sarrismo has no place for a fully defensive N’Golo Kante

https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/09/24/chelsea-sarrismo-ngolo-kante-midfield/

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

playing the Jorginho role is what literally makes the entire thing work

Kante could never handle it, his passing is not even remotely up to it

I have posted this article multiple times, but it still is the gold standard

Chelsea: Sarrismo has no place for a fully defensive N’Golo Kante

https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/09/24/chelsea-sarrismo-ngolo-kante-midfield/

Yeah i see that ...work in progress i get it , Jorhinho role +team will take time to perfect(and players no doubt)the modern day phenomena , i want it to work yesterday lol 

48 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah i see that ...work in progress i get it , Jorhinho role +team will take time to perfect(and players no doubt)the modern day phenomena , i want it to work yesterday lol 

I want it to work, and tbh, none of any of our transfer wishes or youth playing is going to happen

Its sink or swim with exactly what you see, exactly what we have

I don't even think we bring in a striker this winter window

Shitty is hopefully in HUGE trouble for cheating, not sure if it will affect them thsi season, but sure going forward, so if they get taken out, we have GREAT shot at winning the league next year

I just want to make sure we get CL

If we don't Hazard is gone for sure

I also, to bring this back to Kante,want to NOT sell him IF Sarri looks like he is going to get the sack, AND also, even earlier, IF we don't upgrade, especially in the summer coming.

If we pull a spuds (or close) and shut down transfer biz, then we need to assume that Sarri WILL get the sack sooner or later, its just impossible to keep winning 2 or more years out with this group, 

so maybe a really bad thing to sell Kante

all this (about Kante) changes if he really starts to adapt

then you will hear zero from me on the subject

what triggered me off for days is this rumour (from multiple sources) that we will make zero effort to buy Kovacic

Huge mistake, I don't fully trust RLC, and Barkley has a horrid record of injuries, PLUS

if Kante is injured, he is our only real replacement there (maybe Ampadu)

If Kante isnt playing and we play Drinkwater there, I will lose my fucking mind

Yeah barring injuries/suspensions think we look a good bet for cl nxt season(win the europa league also!) Can't see city going on a real bad run this year?!yeah as you mentioned on afew threads about the state of our board screwing us abit going forward, think if we get shot of load of the loan army and afew deadwood in and around the squad(don't lose Hazard) and buy 3 or 4 WC players were good to go against anyone 2019

• 2 weeks later...

MOST SUCCESSFUL PASSES BY A MIDFIELDER [AT LEAST 500 MINUTES PLAYED] - JORGINHO (1083)

JORGINHO LEADS THE WAY

Jorginho (1083), Xhaka (819), Fernandinho (749), Seri (620), Kante (617), David Silva (614), Neves (610), Wijnaldum (602), Pogba (582), Moutinho (564) 

It will come as no surprise that Chelsea's Jorginho has made the most passes from midfield this season with 1,083.

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Him attempting to keep up with Son was probably the saddest display of the night. Mans got no pace.

But, but, but,

He should have never been in that situation in the first place. He isn't a Kante. He is a pass master and today he was completely exposed due to the absolute disaster that was our tactical approach. He was caught in no mans land numerous times with nothing but himself, Ali and 10m of grass surrounding him from every angle. Sarri should have moved Kante there and Jorginho into a LCM or RCM position. Either that or set up so the team moves as a compact unit when defending and then pring loading into attack. We were soo disjointed it caused Jorginho to be dragged out into LB positions on his own ffs. He shouod stay patrolling the edge the box and only be in the box when flooding the defence. Poor guy!

6 hours ago, Jason said:

My only criticism of Jorginho for that Son goal is why didn't he just foul him and take one for the team? He wasn't even on a yellow yet at that time.

On the broader point, you're definitely right. Have seen people jump on his back after today's performance. Had he gone to City, you can bet your house on Guardiola covering his weaknesses and making him look like the best pass master in football.

When I was writing the original post to this response I had City in mind. You just know he wouldn't ever be that exposed in that side.

Jorginho highlights failings of Eden Hazard, Alvaro Morata and Willian in Chelsea’s defeat to Tottenham

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/jorginho-highlights-failings-of-eden-hazard-alvaro-morata-and-willian-in-chelseas-defeat-to-tottenham-8185627/

Mmm think he should look at his own performances also and come out and say how shit he has been , lucky not to be sent off last few games 2boot , hope Sarri & co sorts things out asap 

Lets be honest, there is a number of players playing under par and have been for weeks.

Everyone needs to take the blame from that game Saturday, I mean everyone. That display, the whole set up and attitude was fucking poor.

It's players who are constantly under-performing I have a problem with, because they seem untouchable and constantly played. A lot of players going through the motions right now...

The real advantage city has is the depth. We have to stick with same players, even if they perform shit.

At city, Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, Silva, both cbs...they get benched if underperforming to up their level for next game. 

Lively Dele Alli stifles Jorginho to put Chelsea’s title hopes on hold

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/25/dele-alli-jorginho-spurs-chelsea

Tottenham news: Dele Alli makes Jorginho revelation that will have Chelsea fans worried

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1050448/Tottenham-news-Dele-Alli-Jorginho-Chelsea-fans-worried

Another instance on what other teams have done/will do , i wonder if Sarri+Jorginho think Italian footie is the same as the prem?!

Jorginho has been man marked before, just has managed to keep influencing matches. Spurs didn't do anything new. It happened to him in Italy and the CL all the time too. Teams have tried to in the PL as well.

For me the other MF players have also got to step up and there has to be some sort of interchange with those 3 if Jorginho is marked to get the ball out and to get him in the game but if nobodies helping then he's going to keep doing it (sure every player can improve under pressure also) even if it means getting caught out or giving it away bevause that's his role and that's vital to the team. Kante and Kovacic maybe not the best blessed MF players at doing what Jorginho does but they can do better in that regard, Kovacic especially, who has the right skill set to do something on the ball from deeper positions, even just showing for the ball a bit more. I mean even under Jose, Oscar playing as a 10 would drop in and Cesc would move higher to get the ball.

433 has to be flexible, all 3 MF guys have to be comfortable taking the ball, we can't be a team that relies on Jorginho too much in MF for getting out so to speak because if teams mark him out successfully we'll lose a lot of balls, there has to be alternatives to the man on the ball (Cesc coming in and playing on that left side maybe worth a shot, given how he is able to play passes through the lines and very aware of his team mates positions), even Luiz and Rudiger can get us out too through the lines but there's risks involved every time they get that because if they are cut out in our half it's 3 or 4 players count attacking against 3 or 4 players most of the time with lots of space.

The pressing is huge issue still as well, didn't watch all the game today but against Spurs it was disjointed. It was better today but the result meant more than the performance. Still lots to improve. Still needs time does Sarri, Rome wasn't built in a day, but I feel as if he's trying to not completely remake a team like Napoli, because we aren't Napoli, he's trying to make the team similar but not identical.

Jorginho's Mum: “Jorginho really wanted to play for Guardiola. But it did not depend only on him, but on clubs as well. He asked me: 'As a player, Mum, which one would you pick: Chelsea or City?' I said Chelsea because of the greatness and stronger tradition.” #CFC