Jorginho

Unionjack

Guy is going to be key to everything we do under Sarri, as long as he succeeds here he brings our MF up another notch. 

Jorginho is going to be the brains, Kante will be Kante.. recovering balls, breaking the lines etc and now its interesting to see what happens with the 3rd MF player, if it will be Cesc further up or Barkley or somebody else entirely but like with Kante its scary how one very good signing can elevate a team. Don't expect us to stop there either, Rugani although I'm not 100% sure hes a better player than any of the defenders we already have has already worked with Sarri and obviously fits the mould of what hes looking for as well as a few other players. Reckon we will get another wide player too even if Eden stays.  

The folks on Bluemoon are saying Delph is actually better than Jorgie. Hahaha. They literally cannot believe that we have gazumped them to this signing. Are they forgetting how many trophies we have won in the past decade. We have been crowned Champions of Europe. City have been wearing Quarter Finalist badges for the past few months. Jokers.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

The folks on Bluemoon are saying Delph is actually better than Jorgie. Hahaha. They literally cannot believe that we have gazumped them to this signing. Are they forgetting how many trophies we have won in the past decade. We have been crowned Champions of Europe. City have been wearing Quarter Finalist badges for the past few months. Jokers.

Aye same on twitter, they are butthurt, same as with Fred, Sanchez etc. I can't believe this whole Jorginho bullied to Chelsea story either, what a shower of shite, Pep is Pep but Sarri basically moulded Jorginho into the player he is today and I'd imagine 3/4s of that Napoli team would take the same chance to work under him again here than go to City. Delph? Delph is an average footballer, he is only at City to fill up a HG quota space just like Danny Drinkwater is here. Jorginho is a different class of player and even every one of those idiotic City fans know that.

Also if they didn't dick around with their bids originally they'd have done it sooner, so they really should be blaming themselves. I think we got a bit lucky how everything just managed to be worked out alright in the last 48 hours in terms of the Sarri and Jorginho deals after god knows how much media speculation and other bullshit that was around the whole situation with Conte not being sacked etc earlier as well. 

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Aye same on twitter, they are butthurt, same as with Fred, Sanchez etc. I can't believe this whole Jorginho bullied to Chelsea story either, what a shower of shite, Pep is Pep but Sarri basically moulded Jorginho into the player he is today and I'd imagine 3/4s of that Napoli team would take the same chance to work under him again here than go to City. Delph? Delph is an average footballer, he is only at City to fill up a HG quota space just like Danny Drinkwater is here. Jorginho is a different class of player and even every one of those idiotic City fans know that.

Also if they didn't dick around with their bids originally they'd have done it sooner, so they really should be blaming themselves. I think we got a bit lucky how everything just managed to be worked out alright in the last 48 hours in terms of the Sarri and Jorginho deals after god knows how much media speculation and other bullshit that was around the whole situation with Conte not being sacked etc earlier as well. 

It's not just Jorginho has worked with Sarri. There's also the fact that City have tons of players in their team. Jorginho might not be starting every week there while he would be here. Bernardo Silva, for instance, was hardly a first team player last season and even Gundogan to a certain extent.

Just now, Jason said:

It's not just Jorginho has worked with Sarri. There's also the fact that City have tons of players in their team. Jorginho might not be starting every week there while he would be here. Bernardo Silva, for instance, was hardly a first team player last season and even Gundogan to a certain extent.

Jorginho would walk into City’s eleven imo. He’s better than 33yo Fernandinho and that crock Gundogan - that would be his competition. They wouldn’t spent £50m on a bench player. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Jorginho would walk into City’s eleven imo. He’s better than 33yo Fernandinho and that crock Gundogan - that would be his competition. They wouldn’t spent £50m on a bench player. 

They spent 60 million on Mahrez and I doubt he would be a first team player.

Just thinking about how Sarriball, having Jorginho as the metronome in our midfield, and playing with 3 in midfield means that we should never ever be surrendering the lions share of possession to small teams or letting the likes of fucking Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth etc pen us in our own half like they did last season.

We should now have the tactics and the personnel to dominate the ball against anyone other than maybe City in the league.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

They spent 60 million on Mahrez and I doubt he would be a first team player.

Mahrez could easily start. Point is he isn’t really going to sit on the bench per se, he’s gone because the squad needs some competition and depth. Could easily start over someone like Sterling/Sane if they aren’t on form for example. He’s equally as good as them. 

Jorginho wouldn’t have that much competition at DM. 

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Mahrez could easily start. Point is he isn’t really going to sit on the bench per se, he’s gone because the squad needs some competition and depth. Could easily start over someone like Sterling/Sane if they aren’t on form for example. He’s equally as good as them. 

That was my point really. He isn't going to be first choice but just come in and do a job here and there, like what has happened with Bernardo Silva for example.

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Jorginho wouldn’t have that much competition at DM. 

True but there is still competition and given Guardiola's tactical eccentricity, I wouldn't necessarily rule out him constantly making switches to City's midfield. Here, Jorginho literally has no competition whatsoever. 

Why we sign world class players when we haven’t CL football? 

2 years before we signed kante while we finished 10th 

now Jorginho and we finished 5th and now is just the beginning. 

The reason “we don’t have CL football and we can’t sign world class players “ is BS

Just now, Dimitr said:

Why we sign world class players when we haven’t CL football? 

2 years before we signed kante while we finished 10th 

now Jorginho and we finished 5th and now is just the beginning. 

The reason “we don’t have CL football and we can’t sign world class players “ is BS

I agree. I also think players know that Chelsea will be in the running for CL next season regardless of this one season. Throughout recent years joining Chelsea has been a sure way to get trophies.