Jorginho

Unionjack

The more I've watched of this chap the more important I think it is for us to have a fast top 3. He seems to be able to pick out a pass out of nowhere even under pressure

A Diego type striker would think he was in heaven with him,

I got this off of Everything Napoli Twitter site. Seems like we might fet some Napoli supporters following us. They have all accepted hes coming to us and has left Napoli just waiting for Sarris name announced officially. So I'm now convinced hes with us and 1 great big tick off our wants/needs list

I love this 1st tweet

I find myself getting a man crush on him already and hes not even in a Blue shirt YET! But this is the quality of player we need / DESERVE. We do have some excellent players and with a couple more we will be proper contenders again.

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

Fantastic signing. We've been looking for a controlling/creative midfielder for years that is not a defensive liability like Fabregas and we've finally got one just because we got an attacking coach.

Hopefully many more signings like this to come :)

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/7/14/jorginho-becomes-a-blue

Jorginho has followed Maurizio Sarri from Napoli to Chelsea and in doing so becomes our first signing of the summer.

He has signed a five-year contract and will wear the no.5 shirt.

Jorginho said: ‘I am absolutely ecstatic to be here at Chelsea. It is not easy to become part of such a big team so I am very, very happy. I am excited to play in such an intense league, for a team that gives everything to play and win.’

Club director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are delighted Jorginho has chosen to join Chelsea. He was one of the most coveted midfielders in Europe and will become an important member of the playing squad. He has demonstrated his quality working under Maurizio Sarri and we are convinced his signing will help bring further success to Stamford Bridge.’

From his position as a deep-lying playmaker in a midfield trio, Jorginho was a vital cog in Sarri’s Napoli. The 26-year-old is a highly technical footballer capable of dictating the tempo of play in possession with quick passing and movement.

In Naples, his ability to link defence and attack stood out. Indeed, in Europe’s big five leagues last season, no player had more touches of the ball per minute than Jorginho.

Alongside his technical qualities, he is a combative player willing to put his foot in to regain possession, and his positioning without the ball further aids his effectiveness in front of the defence.

Jorginho is the perfect fit for Sarri’s high-tempo, possession-based style of play and he will look to continue from where he left off in Italy, the country for whom he has eight caps at international level.

Fantastic signing. We've been looking for a controlling/creative midfielder for years that is not a defensive liability like Fabregas and we've finally got one just because we got an attacking coach.

Hopefully many more signings like this to come :)