Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Oh.. History repeating itself. Sounds so similar. 

I know it's January and the window is crazy and prices are ridiculous but if we have a problem with goals then it needs addressing! They want top 4 and whatever won't get that if we just rely on one player. 

Drives you nuts.. And definitely him to

Seems as though managers are as disposable as players nowadays.

They were talking about Forest. Clough was there 18 years - they had 15 managers before him in 130 years, 18 since he left...

Sarri isn't the only one in the fireing line with yoof problems.

One of the reasons that Poch is rumoured to be Manure bound is that Levy has put a block on buying older ready made experienced starters with big wages and he wants to bring in young ones with low wages.

Poch would go mad at manure!

Moses isn't shit. He just doesn't suit the system

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm sure it was 20 since he has left but hey, tomatos, tomatoes!

Yeah 31 actual appointments since old big 'ead  -some were reappointments.

Point is managers are just another employee, sacked easily nowadays. 

7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah 31 actual appointments since old big 'ead  -some were reappointments.

Point is managers are just another employee, sacked easily nowadays. 

Yep. Get that if results aren't happening and everything has fallen through its the only option. Start again and all. 

It's when managers speak out about needing players to get results.. Get sod all in return and then results dont improve then get the sack that it's daft. We can see where the issue is. Everyone else can but the club just go snap snap out you go. 

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep. Get that if results aren't happening and everything has fallen through its the only option. Start again and all. 

It's when managers speak out about needing players to get results.. Get sod all in return and then results dont improve then get the sack that it's daft. We can see where the issue is. Everyone else can but the club just go snap snap out you go. 

It's mad in some ways- makes you think there would never be another 'Class of 92' able to be nurtured

I'm fairly cool about it now at SW6 though  - look in the silverware cabinet....

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It's mad in some ways- makes you think there would never be another 'Class of 92' able to be nurtured

I'm fairly cool about it now at SW6 though  - look in the silverware cabinet....

I really couldn't care if they're young/old/HG or not. I just want the best player we could possibly get for any position.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah it has paid off a lot. Just seems mad that our longest manager since Jose first sacking I think him again lasting 2 and a half seasons. Just seems daft giving long term contracts and then paying out a lot after. 

Hopefully this time be different. Back the manager.. Get a striker who can score and whatever else. 

If not.. Round we go 

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeah it has paid off a lot. Just seems mad that our longest manager since Jose first sacking I think him again lasting 2 and a half seasons. Just seems daft giving long term contracts and then paying out a lot after. 

Hopefully this time be different. Back the manager.. Get a striker who can score and whatever else. 

If not.. Round we go 

Yeah I think you'll find managers agents' (Zahavi in Joses case) demand a long contract -they wouldn't sign for a season and a bit (which seems our average). So they know they'll be getting the elbow, but a fat wedge in compensation as well.

Yeah striker is paramount -we'll probably get one and Sarri wont know anything about it :D

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah I think you'll find managers agents' (Zahavi in Joses case) demand a long contract -they wouldn't sign for a season and a bit (which seems our average). So they know they'll be getting the elbow, but a fat wedge in compensation as well.

Yeah striker is paramount -we'll probably get one and Sarri wont know anything about it :D

Or won't be one he knows about more likely and is HG

You know what i have realized about Sarri since he has been at Chelsea, is that he is not the idealistic attacking manager i thought he was. He is actually quite balanced, his aim is to achieve balance above everything else. One FB moves high up the pitch, while the other stays low, one CM moves up and the other stays back. It is very cautious and balanced approach, in contrast to Pep who aims to create overload and pin you back above everything else.

14 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

You know what i have realized about Sarri since he has been at Chelsea, is that he is not the idealistic attacking manager i thought he was. He is actually quite balanced, his aim is to achieve balance above everything else. One FB moves high up the pitch, while the other stays low, one CM moves up and the other stays back. It is very cautious and balanced approach, in contrast to Pep who aims to create overload and pin you back above everything else.

He always did that at Napoli.

MAYBE we dont have the right players to go full on attack mode. Crossing everything possible that will change tho.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:33 AM, Clockwork said:

I think he has made us slightly more conservative recently. Suddenly we are so good defensively and so crap offensively? It's down to more balanced tactics. Against Arsenal for example we played like a team coached by Pep