Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

53 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

On if Hazard will start
"I don't know. I think Eden is ready for 50-60 minutes, not for 90, but he can start. He wants to play and I think that is the right way for him to think, but I have to think for everybody."

On if Eden is staying

"I think so. Because I'm a coach of a very good team and a team like that cannot sell such a player without finding a replacement. So I think Hazard will stay with us for this season."

On RLC not being in the squad against Arsenal

"It was only a decision based on me wanting to put wingers on the bench.I've spoken with him twice this week after I spoke with the club so I think RLC will remain with us. We can speak again for his situation but only in December."

On if he's thinking about switching to a 5-defender system

"No, I'm not able to play with 5 defenders. Because we are trying to defend by looking only at the ball. 5 defenders is not my way."

On Gary Cahill

"I think at this moment it's a lot difficult for a defender to play in my team. After only 20 days of training, it's easier for offensive players to get into the team. At this moment I think he needs to have more defensive training with us. I told him he needs to be patient, he's very important to us."

On the Premier League

"In Italy, it's a war before the game and party during the game and if you are 2-0 up the match is finished. Here it's the opposite. "

On if he was working defensively this week

"Every week. We are working defensively every week. I'm not worried about the defensive phase because when I arrive in a new team I always have a problem with the defensive phase for 3 months. I have very intelligent players and I think they will be able to do it very well in 1-2 months"

On Kovacic

"I think Mateo and Eden played very well in the last 30 minutes. I think at that moment the intensity was going down. Like Eden, he's ready for 50-60 minutes. I like him very much so I hope he'll remain here in the future"

the journos always try to stir the pot with their questions, but Sarri was cool with his replies and it needs to stay that way, just dont take those cunts bait

26 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

the journos always try to stir the pot with their questions, but Sarri was cool with his replies and it needs to stay that way, just dont take those cunts bait

Sarri is calm. The journos even tried to get something against Benitez from him..

These journos wont be able to get a sniff from him.

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Sarri is calm. The journos even tried to get something against Benitez from him..

These journos wont be able to get a sniff from him.

classy from Sarri, but the media will end up twisting it somehow, its just in their nature to stir things and make people look bad just because it sells, fuck them

8 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

On if Eden is staying

"I think so. Because I'm a coach of a very good team and a team like that cannot sell such a player without finding a replacement. So I think Hazard will stay with us for this season."

He actually said

“I think [Eden will stay]. Because I’m the coach of a very good team, a great club, and we cannot sell such an important player without the possibility of buying another player at the same level, so I hope Eden will stay for this season.”

Sarri has the benefit of a good education and as hes a bit older knows himself a bit better so he can stay calm if ruffled.

As for that silly dwarfish person at Napoli he himself will be in the market very shortly as some of his main core of players are iinto their 30s so lets hope he comes up against his mirror image.

It will be interesting to see whether he starts both Eden AND Mat K or with Mat K being so good might he bring him out in the 2nd half with fresh legs and a different dynamic to Barkles or start them both and hope to build up a lead then swap for Barkley?

I really do wish CHO would get a go over Willian. I realise that Willian isn't going to get much time once Edens lost his wobble bottom and will be a pouty bench warmer but thats no reason to play him.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Just incredible how he's improved our passing out of the back. We were made to believe that only certain type of players can pass out of the back but Sarri has used the same players to achieve it.

Its all that tight piggy in the middle training that the lads do continually. Concentrating with speed and keeping the ball flat. Going to be amazing in a few weeks. If only the lads had the full pre season doing it instead of the WC/Conte gate and traveling the world!

Hamsik reveals differences between Ancelotti and Sarri

https://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/hamsik-reveals-differences-between-ancelotti-and-sarri-51229

Napoli skipper Marek Hamsik has pointed out at the differences between new manager Carlo Ancelotti and former partenopei boss Maurizio Sarri.

In an interview that Hamsik recently gave to Corriere dello Sport, he was asked about both Ancelotti and Sarri and how Ancelotti is different from the new Chelsea boss.

The Slovakian said: "We are all satisfied with Ancelotti, the coach made us understand, within a few weeks that he is a wonderful, open person who gives us lots of advice, is very nice and is working very well.

Snip

I have spent only one day in London in 40 days here': Maurizio Sarri is wasting no time in his transformation of Chelsea

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/25/have-spent-one-day-london-40-days-maurizio-sarri-wasting-no/

On 8/25/2018 at 7:12 PM, Vesper said:

Hamsik reveals differences between Ancelotti and Sarri

https://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/hamsik-reveals-differences-between-ancelotti-and-sarri-51229

Napoli skipper Marek Hamsik has pointed out at the differences between new manager Carlo Ancelotti and former partenopei boss Maurizio Sarri.

In an interview that Hamsik recently gave to Corriere dello Sport, he was asked about both Ancelotti and Sarri and how Ancelotti is different from the new Chelsea boss.

The Slovakian said: "We are all satisfied with Ancelotti, the coach made us understand, within a few weeks that he is a wonderful, open person who gives us lots of advice, is very nice and is working very well.

Snip

No word about their differences, what a misleading title smh...

Us so far this season:

Most Possession 64.2% (2nd Manchester City 64.0%)

Pass Completion 90.0% (2nd Manchester City 89.3%)

Most Passes 2,291 (2nd Liverpool 2,063)

Most Touches 2,843 (2nd Liverpool 2,625)

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Us so far this season:

Most Possession 64.2% (2nd Manchester City 64.0%)

Pass Completion 90.0% (2nd Manchester City 89.3%)

Most Passes 2,291 (2nd Liverpool 2,063)

Most Touches 2,843 (2nd Liverpool 2,625)

And thats after Pep and Klopp have been building and working with their teams now for ages.

The longer we keep at it the better we will get all over the pitch. Those numbers will get higher!!

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

And thats after Pep and Klopp have been building and working with their teams now for ages.

The longer we keep at it the better we will get all over the pitch. Those numbers will get higher!!

I'm actually blown away by how much we had the ball against Newcastle (82%) and also Arsenal (70+). Don't think I've ever seen us have 60+% in two consecutive games, let alone three. The difference Sarri has already made to our play on the ball has been massive. It's been far greater and better than I'd expected in such a short time.

So far so good. In limited time he’s changed the whole way we are playing while also evolving some things from Conte being here (playing out from the back when we played with a back 3). We might experience a few hiccups yet as he said he expects us to need time to adapt to his methods but it’s a promising start and I think you can see that everybody is slowly getting more suited to how he wants us to play. Still some wee kinks that could be improved upon, every now and then our play is a bit too central sometimes, particularly today against a compact team, it will not be the first time a team do that against us so hopefully we can find a way through or a way to get round that.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

I'm actually blown away by how much we had the ball against Newcastle (82%) and also Arsenal (70+). Don't think I've ever seen us have 60+% in two consecutive games, let alone three. The difference Sarri has already made to our play on the ball has been massive. It's been far greater and better than I'd expected in such a short time.

I'm feeling like I did when Diego and Cescy joined us and the Don changed us to a 3 man back.

This isn't just a team changing strategy its a club changing evolution.