Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

How is his English already better than Conte's? :lol:

Obviously, we still need some work, especially in defense, but I think the biggest tactical challenge still is how to get Jorginho and Kante to play together. Sarri's system requires Jorginho to play alone in defensive midfield and I'm still not convinced that Kante can play anywhere else which is a huge problem because he is our second best player after Eden. 

Why? All hes got to do is drop back level with Jorgi.
 He is better for us back there anyway. With Kovacic a great defender he can do the high pressing and nowtt stopping the wee baldy man pushing forward when necessary too. I cant see any problem. Kante,Jorgi,Kobacic FTW!!!

4 hours ago, the wes said:

That ball from jorghino was inch perfect 

It really was. And first touch too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/19/alvaro-morata-i-want-to-stay-and-change-things-at-chelsea

Sarri will no doubt work on Chelsea’s defensive deficiencies in training this week and he also took the opportunity to announce another, more personal attempt at improvement. “I am going to stop smoking,” he said. “Just for one or two years, then I will start again.”

:carlo: 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

That's nice Sarriball is taking shape, but while us and City both played Huddersfield and Arsenal - it's the goals that matter, not passes and it reflects on the table.

I want goals, not (just) passes. I know it's silly to think of this right now, but wait until we face settled mid-table and above teams.

still early days but the positive signs of sarri ball are there, it will take its time to gel to perfection, i for one cant wait.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

still early days but the positive signs of sarri ball are there, it will take its time to gel to perfection, i for one cant wait.

We're already attempting the one touch pass out of the back like Napoli :P

1 hour ago, Mana said:

That's nice Sarriball is taking shape, but while us and City both played Huddersfield and Arsenal - it's the goals that matter, not passes and it reflects on the table.

I want goals, not (just) passes. I know it's silly to think of this right now, but wait until we face settled mid-table and above teams.

Fuck me mate hes had just a little bit longer with his players than Sarri has! I think the guys done a great job so far.

14 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

We're already attempting the one touch pass out of the back like Napoli :P

that was the passage that I remember being impressed with the most.  

Was reminded of this (1m 05s if it doesn't link the right part):

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I didn't say they weren't doing a great job. It's just a reminder that unnecessary stats like passes won't win us trophies. This stat is just as good as United dishing out the most crosses.

Although I'm aware we are far away from winning the league or CL again and we are a work in progress. We however must avoid becoming Arsenal of 2008-2011.

But in between last season and waiting for Sarri to sign and befor we brought in any new players I was very pessimistic about how this season would go.

But each time we brought someone in I got happier and happier.

We might have only brought in 3 players (not counting Rob Green) but each of them is class! Its been our vest window for awhile. OK we could have got more but we arent talking about a 1 window fix. We dont have the perfect set up for a Sarri system as such but we are doing a fine job considering everything.

I would have been content with a mid table finish before all this started but right now I'm very happy with whats going on and I would go bonkers with a top 4 finish.

It's probably just the way you phrase your posts but you dont often sound very optimistic.