Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Last laugh in what way exactly? Why in the hell should any of us feel stupid? Im glad seeing the back of him. Never Chels quality and simply didnt get Chels. I thank him for his service but fuck me was it boring and clueless 80% of the time. And imo he planned this shit with Juve months and months ago,  I don't buy the nonsense that he asked Marina "do you want me to stay?" because no one does that when they're under contract. No one.  You just keep on going until you're told otherwise. Because he would rather manage Juventus than us, that simple. And it's a return home.  2. He knew the majority in the ground, and it definitely is a majority, did not like him or want him back next season. I for one will not have super fond memories of him, too sour, too inept tactically and simply way too stubborn......good luck to him.

Yet you want Simeone and Alllegri, the football world is moving away from these dinosaurs. Sarri is not Chelsea quality yet Allegri is being let go in favor of Sarri. 

11 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Imagine playing this type of football with actual quality players, shame it ends so early. 

his football needs time to be learned. it's a pity that people don't recognize him the great job he has done. 

so I don't blame him if he want to leave

Just now, Antonio8 said:

his football needs time to be learned. it's a pity that people don't recognize him the great job he has done. 

Definitely, the heavy amount of games in the second half of the season really stunted his football, the team needed more time on the training ground the busy schedule made that impossible. 

Without a pre-season I don’t even know how we ended behind Man City and Liverpool. EL is a crap competition, we’re probably the most serious and expensive team by miles in that competition so it’s logical Chelsea should win. It’s not like it’s Champions League level competition. Not even close.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

He turns 32yo the beginning of December. If we drop £27m (t-fee) plus £14.m on salary I am going to lose my mind.

Not even our board wuld do that....yes even ours, cuz its lunacy of gigantic proportions.

1 hour ago, Bosnian Blue said:

This is exactly what a lot of us here said. Football is not rocket science, it was plain obvious the bloke couldn't handle the pace and physicality in the Premier League. Hell he was even struggling in Italy towards the end. No surprise really that Milan didn't try to keep him at all.

Though one thing surprised me about him and it was the amount of moaning and sulking during the match. I could imagine what it's like playing with him. Yeah that kind of behaviour wouldn't last long if I was his teammate. 

Spot on....yet sarri wanted him well knowing how tough epl is, andseemingly still wanted him if he were to stay.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Yet you want Simeone and Alllegri, the football world is moving away from these dinosaurs. Sarri is not Chelsea quality yet Allegri is being let go in favor of Sarri. 

Allegri was at JUve for over 5 seasons, won the lot and got to 2 CL finals, im willing to bet Juve will be weaker with Sarri. And I really dont get this diss against so called pragmatic footy, dinosaurs or what have you. Give me Conte Simone etc any day over the likes of Sarri. Solid, pacy and direct......intent. You give a quality squad to Simone and he will fuck you up.

57 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

Yes its all our fault, we are the reason he is running away.......give me a break, that just shows he was never tough enough to begin with. And what is it we should recognize? His stubornness? His flawed tactics? His game management? Motivational skills? His awesome subs to change a game? His flexibility? Maybe endless possession back and forth? He got us EL, or rather we can also say we got him his first medal.  

55 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Definitely, the heavy amount of games in the second half of the season really stunted his football, the team needed more time on the training ground the busy schedule made that impossible. 

No what stunted him was his inability to recognize his footy were not optimal with this squad, and thus we suffered.

11 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes its all our fault, we are the reason he is running away.......give me a break, that just shows he was never tough enough to begin with. And what is it we should recognize? His stubornness? His flawed tactics? His game management? Motivational skills? His awesome subs to change a game? His flexibility? Maybe endless possession back and forth? He got us EL, or rather we can also say we got him his first medal.  

so next year, with another coach, it will be easy to win again so don't panic 

1 minute ago, Antonio8 said:

so next year, with another coach, it will be easy to win again so don't panic 

Never said that, but you never know in footy.....its actually the Sarri in folks that shouldt panic. Cuz in their opinion he was THE guy for us, he would have made us an empire seemingly and that we are supremely stupid for letting him go, but this is Chels, even when we suck ass we somehow win something....we will survive just fine Sarri-less.

34 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If you want those managers than better accept more Bakayoko and Drinkwater type signing, those are the players ready to line up for these guys. 

THose were most likely board signings. Conte wanted quality not average quantity. We shoved his throat with utter crap players. He wanted the likes of van dyke, sandro, naigolang etc. Not freaking Drinkwaters and zappacostas and Barkleys etc. We played utter direct and deadly footy with the Essiens Maka Mikel Lamps Ballack etc.....its all about ambition and willingless to pay and identify that certain player. We dont have the setup or the right people at helm to do this anymore.

Sarri would also be perfect for the likes of RLC, Odoi, Pulisic and James because they dont have any specific style yet and they would adapt quicker to Sarriball than say Willian, Pedro, Kante,...

Its such a cock up once again.

We used to be banter hollywood club past few seasons but we are getting downright pathetic. Fucking joke the whole club. Changing managers and now we cant even keep them. Most of the players are average as hell, we lost our best player and while knowing he will leave, we brought no replacement in january. 

Now just get a fucking pragmatic manager who will dump Cho, Ruben, James and all promising players on the bench and play Willian and co because experience just to save his ass for short time before we sack him and he sues us for compensation. Rinse and repeat. 

The last time we actualy shown any seriousness was the year we bought Kante and the following season. Everything went downhil after that. Everything. Such a joke. 

I have some hope for the young players along with couple senior players, but everything else is one massive shite.

Nowdays, It should be all about Sarriball project, keeping Hazard and improving the team significantly. But yeah, we get a ban, Hazard leaves, cant sign anyone now, Sarri about to leave too. What is the point of this club now? How can you support anything right now when they are showing absolutely no direction? Today its this, tomorrow its something else. Where are we going as a club? Is priority to make money? To sell shirts in america? The club realy believes we will compete next season with Pedro, Willian and Giroud? 

At this rate we are closer to losing Kante, CHO and any other quality player at this club than improving the team in the following seasons.

2 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Without a pre-season I don’t even know how we ended behind Man City and Liverpool. EL is a crap competition, we’re probably the most serious and expensive team by miles in that competition so it’s logical Chelsea should win. It’s not like it’s Champions League level competition. Not even close.

Whilst obviously it is not the CL, it does have actual CL teams in it (3rd place drop downs) and is far from a weak competition, it is not a cakewalk like you make it out to be.

some of the teams in it this year

Benfica (CL next year)

Napoli CL drop down (CL next year, 2nd place in Serie A by a mile)

Inter CL drop down (CL next year)

Valencia CL drop down (CL next year)

Sporting Lisbon (CL next year)

Bayer Leverkusen (CL next year)

AC Milan (EL next year, lost out on CL by one point)

Villarreal (drew or beat all the top 8 La Liga teams, knocked out a really good Sporting side) They did utterly collapse the second half of La Liga.

RB Salzburg (CL drop down, CL next year, deep run in Europe in 2018,(almost made it the EL final), were ranked as high as the 18th best team in UEF in 2018, although they have lost key players, 6 in a row Bundesliga champs, 7 out of 8) If they were in the EPL (and thus had that additional money) and able to keep their players they have developed over the past 5,7 years, they would be potential top 7 team, they have a superb board and scouting, Best-run smaller league club in Europe.

Marseille (lost the last EL final to Atetico Madrid) AM being in the EL shows its strength as well.

Chels

Arse

The last 10 winners

Six CL/European Cup  trophies between them, plus six  runners up

13 EL/UEFA Cup trophies, and none of those teams have ever lost an EL/UC final

7 UEFA Super Cup Trophies, 12 runners up

1 FIFA World Club trophy, 1 runner up (Chels, the only Trophy we do  not have now)

4 Intercontinental Cup trophies, 1 runner up

65 League winner trophies

115 league cups

211 major domestic, Europe and World trophies, split between 5 clubs

that is hardly chopped liver

27e15939db50cbe047cef0c8df65ae02.png

30 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sarri would also be perfect for the likes of RLC, Odoi, Pulisic and James because they dont have any specific style yet and they would adapt quicker to Sarriball than say Willian, Pedro, Kante,...

Its such a cock up once again.

We used to be banter hollywood club past few seasons but we are getting downright pathetic. Fucking joke the whole club. Changing managers and now we cant even keep them. Most of the players are average as hell, we lost our best player and while knowing he will leave, we brought no replacement in january. 

Now just get a fucking pragmatic manager who will dump Cho, Ruben, James and all promising players on the bench and play Willian and co because experience just to save his ass for short time before we sack him and he sues us for compensation. Rinse and repeat. 

The last time we actualy shown any seriousness was the year we bought Kante and the following season. Everything went downhil after that. Everything. Such a joke. 

I have some hope for the young players along with couple senior players, but everything else is one massive shite.

Nowdays, It should be all about Sarriball project, keeping Hazard and improving the team significantly. But yeah, we get a ban, Hazard leaves, cant sign anyone now, Sarri about to leave too. What is the point of this club now? How can you support anything right now when they are showing absolutely no direction? Today its this, tomorrow its something else. Where are we going as a club? Is priority to make money? To sell shirts in america? The club realy believes we will compete next season with Pedro, Willian and Giroud? 

At this rate we are closer to losing Kante, CHO and any other quality player at this club than improving the team in the following seasons.

Its fucking pathetic the leaders in the Club get to fuck up time after time and yet get to keep their job. We have zero vision, no planning, no ambition and long term insight. We have slowly but surely moved from winning to a business model. Its about money, not results....and thats a sure way of losing your status. Results/ winning will on auto bring alot of revenue, we have sacrificed one of them for the other, so stupid.

The overall hierachy and squad quality is to me the worst in the RA era, by far.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Most of the players are average as hell, we lost our best player and while knowing he will leave, we brought no replacement in january. 

We did. If Hazard sign an extension last year, I bet we won't sign Pulisic. Dude cost us £58m, we're not joking around. It's not a panic or hijack buy either. People might arguing he is not the same type as Hazard, etc. Guys may be right (his position will depends on the tactic used by incoming manager though), but think he will be an automatic starter nevertheless. He will fill that empty slot left by Hazard, directly or indirectly.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

THose were most likely board signings. Conte wanted quality not average quantity. We shoved his throat with utter crap players. He wanted the likes of van dyke, sandro, naigolang etc. Not freaking Drinkwaters and zappacostas and Barkleys etc. We played utter direct and deadly footy with the Essiens Maka Mikel Lamps Ballack etc.....its all about ambition and willingless to pay and identify that certain player. We dont have the setup or the right people at helm to do this anymore.

You are failing to grasp that these managers have a type of preference, these were Conte signings. Conte is obsessed with covering spaces and these players were to meet these ends. If you look through out Conte signings and payers he valued at Chelsea and Juventus, it is quite clear they were his preferences. Our squad is filled with these type of players for a reason, it is really not hard to grasp. Secondly top players with technical players do not want to play for these managers. simply put they are moved by a more exciting football they enjoy. 

Man you are really living in the past if you think early Roman years could be recreated with the style and signings. Football has changed, our financial powers is not the same, our competition is greater, players preferences has moved, etc.

Without being the financial heavyweight in football, Chelsea has to offer a better product.

7 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

We did. If Hazard sign an extension last year, I bet we won't sign Pulisic. Dude cost us £58m, we're not joking around. It's not a panic or hijack buy either. People might arguing he is not the same type as Hazard, etc. Guys may be right (his position will depends on the tactic used by incoming manager though), but think he will be an automatic starter nevertheless. He will fill that empty slot.

Drinkwater cost us 35m and he isnt even good enough for the bench. Morata cost us 55m or even more and flopped almost as hard as Bakayoko who cost 40m.

Just because we thrown 200m every summer doesnt mean we are improving the squad.

Just because Pulisic cost 58m doesnt mean we are now serious. He cost that much because he is american. Check Bvb forum, everyone was laughing at Chelsea for paying that much. But maybe he becomes great one day indeed because he is a raw talent. But worth 60m? Never. There are plenty cheaper players around in that bracket like Neres, Lozano,...

We might aswell spend 60m on Redmond and people will say oh we got serious now, he has to be great given the money we paid for him. Obviously not true.

We just love to overpay decent players. 60m for Pulisic is ok, but 70m for Pepe we cant do, too expensive. 40m for Drinkwater cool, but we coudnt pay for Sterling around that a year earlier. Bernardo Silva cost City 50m last year. Thats a top top talent. 

If we got Pulisic for 30m or if he was world class talent, fair enough, but its neither. He wasnt bought because we have shown ambition mate. Its all business reasons.