Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

12 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

I think most of us are kinda pissed one way or the other. I mean we have folks fucking the Club over with this ban, have Eden confirmed as a RM player, Sarri running to Juve, we have a shit squad compared to our standards, giving average players above 30 contract newels, Marina running shit, stadium on hold and on and on it goes.......wtf.

Injuries...dont forget the injuries to key players too

Jorginho was a gift from Roman and yes Sarri wanted him big time. Kovacic was Marina’s signing 100%. She got him VERY late as part of exchange deal for Courtois. All thanks to Florentino Perez wish to have his GK. Gonzalo Higuain was a mistake but it’s easy to say that now. 

This is how I’ve seen our ST situation in January: You can’t sign a very top player in January. Who in the world would let his first ST in January? We were in terrible situation at the time. Players couldn’t play attacking football, we struggled to create and score big time and some fans behaved like bunch of idiots. No backing for the coach from Marina etc. Situation with Roman etc was unbelievably amateurish.

Now, Chelsea FC could have payed at the time for Piatek £70m-£80m they’ve been asking from us but we had no guarantees he’ll do good in PL and it’s huge money. We don’t even know if Chelsea had the money because don’t forget Pulisic has literally signed for us out of nowhere for £60m at the time. So yes, Higuain was Sarri’s signing but on Loan deal what was considered as very good deal. Roman personally sanction this deal for Sarri but only because we couldn’t get or pay HUGE numbers for way younger version of world class ST in January. 

Summer transfer market is the most important time for a football club in transition and Chelsea fail every summer. We’re so bad in this it’s boring. Actually we’re maybe not just our path isn’t 2004/05 anymore. Maybe we should just accept things. I don’t know. It’s like CIA and not a Football Club, nobody knows anything. Confidential.

17 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Sarri is going to kick was next season. Imagine winning Europa league one season then champions league the next 

Lol in your dreams. Their team was without chances against a decent Ajax side who completely ripped them a new one without a single WC player, just a few nice talents. Their team is ageing. Sarri is gonna win fuck all with them. Major chance for all other teams in serie A to break Juve dominance.

17 hours ago, zekinjo said:

And he just wanted to be backed on and off the pitch. I’m just happy he’s off to a better place and world class football club. 

Dafuq. He was backed more than most managers. He was given his favourite players, Jorginho and Higuain, the board had patience with him thorugh patches of atrocious results and even worse performances. Less bad patches had seen better managers sacked before. Sarri can consider himself very lucky not to be fired before he had to redeem his season which even though it ended in success was an overall poor season performance wise. And how is Juve a better place? You are a Chelsea fan aren't you? Chelsea for me still is the best place to be and the greatest football club on earth. Dont see any upgrade on that. So why should anyone be happy for him he is somewhere else? I am happy for myself we got rid of a manager who did not want to be here. I was ok with him staying but i am happy now he is gone. I hated his football and his old fart demeanour. If we get in a good manager he will be soon forgotten and rightly so. 

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lol in your dreams. Their team was without chances against a decent Ajax side who completely ripped them a new one without a single WC player, just a few nice talents. Their team is ageing. Sarri is gonna win fuck all with them. Major chance for all other teams in serie A to break Juve dominance.

Dafuq. He was backed more than most managers. He was given his favourite players, Jorginho and Higuain, the board had patience with him thorugh patches of atrocious results and even worse performances. Less bad patches had seen better managers sacked before. Sarri can consider himself very lucky not to be fired before he had to redeem his season which even though it ended in success was an overall poor season performance wise. And how is Juve a better place? You are a Chelsea fan aren't you? Chelsea for me still is the best place to be and the greatest football club on earth. Dont see any upgrade on that. So why should anyone be happy for him he is somewhere else? I am happy for myself we got rid of a manager who did not want to be here. I was ok with him staying but i am happy now he is gone. I hated his football and his old fart demeanour. If we get in a good manager he will be soon forgotten and rightly so. 

3rd place and Europa League and he will be forgotten? Lol

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I guess he had the last laugh after all. All his boo boys and the Yer da's who despise him must be feeling fucking stupid right now.

Last laugh in what way exactly? Why in the hell should any of us feel stupid? Im glad seeing the back of him. Never Chels quality and simply didnt get Chels. I thank him for his service but fuck me was it boring and clueless 80% of the time. And imo he planned this shit with Juve months and months ago,  I don't buy the nonsense that he asked Marina "do you want me to stay?" because no one does that when they're under contract. No one.  You just keep on going until you're told otherwise. Because he would rather manage Juventus than us, that simple. And it's a return home.  2. He knew the majority in the ground, and it definitely is a majority, did not like him or want him back next season. I for one will not have super fond memories of him, too sour, too inept tactically and simply way too stubborn......good luck to him.

14 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

To speed up the Sarri arrival, Juv is willing to sell Higuain to us for 27m. 

Id laugh, but we are stupid enough to buy Higuain for this kind of money.

NO fuckieng way mate, I refuse to believe Juve takes the mickey like this, thats a big direspect.

8 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Sarri will have them playing much better football than the dross against ajax. They were so predictable going wide and looking to cross for Ronaldo. 

It's whether he sorts the centre midfield out that will determine his success 

If anyone is predictable then its Sarri.......he is an open book made for kids.

Well if he is fully committed, we won't let Juve sign him no matter how hard they tried. So, obviously it is his will to go back home that matters most, and we're forced to let him go, with whatever his 'cover up' reasons (family, Hazard leaving, ban, board incompetence, etc). Anyway, hopefully we could find the right replacement in time. 

34 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

To speed up the Sarri arrival, Juv is willing to sell Higuain to us for 27m. 

Id laugh, but we are stupid enough to buy Higuain for this kind of money.

not going to happen 

19 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

NO fuckieng way mate, I refuse to believe Juve takes the mickey like this, thats a big direspect.

If anyone is predictable then its Sarri.......he is an open book made for kids.

ask to emery 

29 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

ask to emery 

Emery could have easily won at the Bridge, they misses so many chances, but thankfuly we won. At their ground it was no contest. But we sure dealt with them in the final and I thanks the team and manager, but he is still an open book more often than not.

7 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Gonzalo Higuain was a mistake but it’s easy to say that now. 

This is how I’ve seen our ST situation in January: You can’t sign a very top player in January. Who in the world would let his first ST in January? We were in terrible situation at the time. Players couldn’t play attacking football, we struggled to create and score big time and some fans behaved like bunch of idiots. No backing for the coach from Marina etc. Situation with Roman etc was unbelievably amateurish.

Now, Chelsea FC could have payed at the time for Piatek £70m-£80m they’ve been asking from us but we had no guarantees he’ll do good in PL and it’s huge money. We don’t even know if Chelsea had the money because don’t forget Pulisic has literally signed for us out of nowhere for £60m at the time. So yes, Higuain was Sarri’s signing but on Loan deal what was considered as very good deal. Roman personally sanction this deal for Sarri but only because we couldn’t get or pay HUGE numbers for way younger version of world class ST in January. 

First off, Higs was mentioned as an option here for ages, before we even hired Sarri, and many of said NO NO NO NO. I was one of those leading the charge. I never rated him after he collapsed at Juve, plus he was already too old (that had a direct impact on his falling off too). It was NOT a good deal (the loan). His salary is insane (4th highest paid player in the EPL) and his loan fee was crazy high on top of that. His loan deal, fees plus salary, if it went the full 18 months was was 45 MILLION QUID (24m in fees (8m every 6 months), 21m in salary)  and we would not have even owned him at the end.

Furthermore, your numbers on Piatek are WAY off. He was never £70-80m, lolol.

ada7c3bfbcae31b63a799a775588fa4b.png

Bottom line, as usual, pure shit business by the bumbling board.

Even on the Eden sale, IF Hazard hits all the bonus, then his sale was as good as we could have gotten at the time, BUT only £88m (of the potential £130m) is guaranteed. I have yet to see the bonus structure, but IF a big chunk of that demands Ballon d'Or, La Liga champions, CL, champions, top goal scorer (or second, due to Messi) etc, then I am NOT at all sure we see the whole amount. We all knew he was bailing thsi summer, and last summer we could have wrenched out £185m or so plus a few million in bonuses, taken that 190m to 200m and rebuilt the team. The bans were already in the wind (regardless of some here who were in denial at that time), and as I warned repeatedly, we need to stop being fucking reactive, and start being proactive.

The puppet board is not capable of proactivity, it would seem. That £57.6m  Pulisic deal took (self-admitted by the board) a FULL YEAR to nail down. That is outrageous to take that long on a 19, 20 year old not named Mbappe. Dont even get me started on the insane money we turned down last summer for utter dregs like Willian, Luiz, Alonso, (£140m combined just for these 3 alone) etc etc. We have run ourselves aground and lost out on hundreds of millions (NOT JOKING) in cumulative lost sale valuations and horrid buys (almost £70m total cost for Donkeywater alone when fees plus salary are combined) due to horrific future-forward planning and actions

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

First off, Higs was mentioned as an option here for ages, before we even hired Sarri, and many of said NO NO NO NO. I was one of those leading the charge. I never rated him after he collapsed at Juve, plus he was already too old (that had a direct impact on his falling off too). It was NOT a good deal (the loan). His salary is insane (4th highest paid player in the EPL) and his loan fee was crazy high on top of that. His loan deal, fees plus salary, if it went the full 18 months was was 45 MILLION QUID (24m in fees (8m every 6 months), 21m in salary)  and we would not have even owned him at the end.

Amazing that sarri and the Club didnt see how this would turn out. EPL was always too much for him, too old, too slow to deal with EPL. In his prime yes, not this Higs though. Just waste of Cash......and sarri actually wanted him to stay if he was to be our manager next season? Fucking hell.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Amazing that sarri and the Club didnt see how this would turn out. EPL was always too much for him, too old, too slow to deal with EPL. In his prime yes, not this Higs though. Just waste of Cash......and sarri actually wanted him to stay if he was to be our manager next season? Fucking hell.

He turns 32yo the beginning of December. If we drop £27m (t-fee) plus £14m on salary I am going to lose my mind.

12 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Amazing that sarri and the Club didnt see how this would turn out. EPL was always too much for him, too old, too slow to deal with EPL. In his prime yes, not this Higs though. Just waste of Cash......and sarri actually wanted him to stay 

This is exactly what a lot of us here said. Football is not rocket science, it was plain obvious the bloke couldn't handle the pace and physicality in the Premier League. Hell he was even struggling in Italy towards the end. No surprise really that Milan didn't try to keep him at all.

Though one thing surprised me about him and it was the amount of moaning and sulking during the match. I could imagine what it's like playing with him. Yeah that kind of behaviour wouldn't last long if I was his teammate.