Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Least there's this honesty and consistency. 

Bare in mind, this is all because of the laughable notion that Lampard will be given time by both the club and the fans. 

Why you making it sound like we will diss a manager as sson as he fucks up? We did to Sarri for a couple of games and at that point as awful as it is he deserved it. He was doing the same BS tactics and subs whether we were behind or not, we were supremely boring and the man kept doing the same shit.....he wasnt slagged for games on end. The fans aint stupid, they know we are in a shitty place with the ban and a shitty squad compared to our standards.....they want fight and hunger, some tactical flexibility to turn the game around etc. Lamps will be given some time by the Club and fans.....if he comes that is.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

So what if Lampard picks Alonso after he's continuously made mistakes whereas Emerson has shown promise? Are you suggesting you won't criticise him the way you have mercilly criticised Sarri?

If Lampard or any manager picks someone it will be based on what he see in a player in training and the analysis of the player in his system... If that player doesnt deliver and if the manager keeps going with him, he will surely be criticized which was exactly the case with Sarri.

Alonso was appreciated when he moved as a LWB under Conte but once he was put in the back 4 system he failed. Sarri's mistake was that he kept playing him over and over despite Alonso's mistakes expecting different results... thats when u have to criticize the manager. If Lampard or anyone else does the same thing, he would be beaten up just like Sarri. 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Laughable. Take a look back at your posts. 

I m glad i was able to make you laugh, it is a tough skill to have these days. And thanks for taking the pain to go back to my post, appreciate it!!!

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Why you making it sound like we will diss a manager as sson as he fucks up? We did to Sarri for a couple of games and at that point as awful as it is he deserved it. He was doing the same BS tactics and subs whether we were behind or not, we were supremely boring and the man kept doing the same shit.....he wasnt slagged for games on end. The fans aint stupid, they know we are in a shitty place with the ban and a shitty squad compared to our standards.....they want fight and hunger, some tactical flexibility to turn the game around etc. Lamps will be given some time by the Club and fans.....if he comes that is.

What makes you think Lampard won't come here and do the same? We have a limited squad, so it is bound to happen. :lol: 

The sheer fact you have convinced yourself that Lampard will come in and do all the things you've mentioned, is bizarre speculation based on emotional appeal. 

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Least there's this honesty and consistency. 

Bare in mind, this is all because of the laughable notion that Lampard will be given time by both the club and the fans. 

He should not be given a free pass, he has to perform like everybody else does. I do think he'll be better placed than Sarri has been from a media perspective to be able and more willing to explain things that he may be trying to change with the club or what things are or aren't working. Sarri hardly helped himself in the media I don't think. Obviously results still need to take place on the pitch but I think if Lampard did come in and came out at the start of the season and said that with the transfer restrictions we're going to lean more on the younger players to play a bigger role but it'll take some time I think the fans would accept that.

The notion of the board giving him time is an interesting one because I am firmly of the belief that in recent years the club has done a lot more to give managers time. Mourinho had us flirting with the relegation zone well past Xmas before he was finally given the boot (and there were clearly issues with some players in the squad), Conte was speculated to be given the boot early on in his tenure before he switched to a back 3 and also on a number of occasions last season and the club retained him. I believe they would have also given him more time and wouldn't have sacked him after last season if he hadn't fallen out with the board and been openly critical. And Sarri similarly has been through some sticky situations this season and the club didn't pull the trigger and if rumours are to be believed it's Sarri and not the club pushing for his exit this summer. The media speculation mid season surrounding Conte and Sarri being sacked was an easy story for the media given our past record with managers, but I don't believe the club was closest in the slightest to getting rid of them at those stages in time.

Of course actions speak louder than words and until it potentially happened its difficult to speculate. If Lampard came in, bombed and we were mid table and going nowhere then you're right the club would have to seriously consider his future. However if Lampard kept us consolidated within the top 6 (which should still be attainable) and had integrated another couple of younger players into the team then I do believe the board will give him some leeway and time.

36 minutes ago, Mana said:

Here's the thing...what if Lampard does the same BS tactics and subs? Are you saying we shouldn't get pissed off because he's Lampard?

What Coolhead said.....

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What makes you think Lampard won't come here and do the same? We have a limited squad, so it is bound to happen. :lol: 

The sheer fact you have convinced yourself that Lampard will come in and do all the things you've mentioned, is bizarre speculation based on emotional appeal. 

Not at all....im not saying should he fuck up time and time again ala Sarri that he should get a free pass just cuz he is Lamps, no way. But if we see some progress, fight and desire then hey it is what it is. No one gets afree pass in Chels but doesnt mean we are ultra blind and ungrateful.

22 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Appointing Cech barely signals a change in direction, we didnt replace Emenalo who was basically sporting director, didnt manage to get Campos or Monchi in who were previously linked (even then who knows did we even go for them?) so I would hardly say appointing Cech is a massive change. Its a position that has needed filled since Emenalo left clearly based on some of the dross weve signed over the years.

Just because the club wants to do what the likes of other clubs have been doing for years, keep integrating ex players and club legends into its running in some capacity its barely anything revelutionary or cutting edge, clubs have been doing it for years. Even then we have got ex players and have had them involved in some capacity: Jody Morris, Carlo Cudicini, Paulo Ferreira, Henrique Hilario, Joe Cole, Tore Andre Flo, Gianfranco Zola, Andy Myers off the top of my head all involved in different capacities at the club. Its hardly a signal of change is it when weve been doing it before across the board?

Cech is supposedly the first of many, so it's clearly a step in the right direction judging on what's gone before it. The names you mentioned haven't held notable positions from what I know and they didn't have much say, if any, about the running of the club.

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

The problem with the next manager is that we only have 2 LBs to chose from ... Emerson or Alonso so who ever shows more determination will be picked it is as simple as that. There is no different tune here, these are the only notes we have access to. 

We have more than two LB's at the club.

51 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Cech is supposedly the first of many, so it's clearly a step in the right direction judging on what's gone before it. The names you mentioned haven't held notable positions from what I know and they didn't have much say, if any, about the running of the club.

We have more than two LB's at the club.

Sporting director is barely running the club 🤣 If it was CEO or his position was on the board etc yes I would agree but sporting director is just a sporting director. He may he involved with potential signings (although again theres been a rumor he isnt going to have a complete say regarding transfers still) and a link with the manager and Marina but still hes hardly gonna have a colossal influence. We do need restructuring again but we need people who know what their doing, regardless of who they are.

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sporting director is barely running the club 🤣 If it was CEO or his position was on the board etc yes I would agree but sporting director is just a sporting director. He may he involved with potential signings (although again theres been a rumor he isnt going to have a complete say regarding transfers still) and a link with the manager and Marina but still hes hardly gonna have a colossal influence. We do need restructuring again but we need people who know what their doing, regardless of who they are.

Is signing players not part of running a club or do we catch them with Poke balls? -_-

Allegri would be a terrible hire, he is the coach you would want if you have a constructed team in place. Like Juventus or at the start of his tenure at Milan. Hiring him for a rebuild, a transfer ban, dependence on playing youths would be incredibly unwise. Allegri almost got Milan relegated in his final year, and that squad was much better than the current Milan team. 

I simply cannot emphasize enough how bad his hiring would be.