Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

12 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lol. I didn’t state it as a fact as I said IF. And I also said ‘would have most likely’.
Please get a pair of glasses.

Your words I'm telling you right now and then you say something might have happened which of course didn't. I don't need glasses mate you should try and rein in the total bollocks and constant moaning.

38 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

All hinges on the transfer ban for me. Transfer ban remains it's Lampard and Morris, it gets lifted it's Allegri.

Have to agree but still think that Allegri should be the priority regardless of transfer ban. Think his tactical flexibility would be ideally suited to this squad and the PL. There is one thing that I am unsure about regarding Allegri other than the faft he will have other offers is how intense he is as a coach regardless of philosophy. A good example of this is Pep when he left Bayern and was replaced by Ancelotti, Bayern bemoaned a lack of intensity and challenge which ended up in Ancelotti being dismissed eventually and I think Sarri is another intense coach so that could maybe be a bit of an issue as Allegri is another guy who is a lot more chilled out. I think Juve fans were a bit concerned after he replaced Conte with this too,  although they were disappointed with his appointment at first. Even then I think it could not necessarily be a big fuss but just something Id be maybe consider as a downside to Allegri, if you want to call it that. Some of these players need to be driven, pushed, provoked to do better. Especially a large quantity of the squad who have disappointed over the last few sessons. Although Allegri has won 5 Serie A titles in a row so maybe I am just thinking too much into it.

31 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

All hinges on the transfer ban for me. Transfer ban remains it's Lampard and Morris, it gets lifted it's Allegri.

Agreed. Lamps and Morris will manage if the ban is upheld. Plus Big Pete returning upstairs.

Think a few other managers will make it known to the club if that they're interested should we be granted the stay. Then the club will have several options to choose from.

Feel like it's basically 90% Lamps at this point. 

I'm just trying to picture in my mind us going to an away ground next season with Lampard and Morris at the helm, needing a big 3 points and getting it, them both wheeling over to the away fans fist pumping and the away fans going nuts.

I'm fucking apprehensive of FL and JM possibly coming in but another part of me says "fuck it" proper Chels.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I'm just trying to picture in my mind us going to an away ground next season with Lampard and Morris at the helm, needing a big 3 points and getting it, them both wheeling over to the away fans fist pumping and the away fans going nuts.

I'm fucking apprehensive of FL and JM possibly coming in but another part of me says "fuck it" proper Chels.

I just fear they don't yet have the tactical nous to out coach or even match the world class managers he'd be facing.

Frank will have 100% support and backing from the fans and club, but is he the right man to manage Chelsea now? The top of the PL is tougher and more competitive than ever before. Is appointing a rookie PL coach with mere months on his resume wise when probably the top 3 best coaches in world football are managing our rivals?

Much more experienced and proven managers have tried and failed. It's just a colossal gamble that I don't think we should take.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

No, Sarri didn't come weeks into the season and this notion that he didn't have the whole pre-season is completely BS, by the way. Our pre-season started on July 9 last summer and he came in on July 14 and there was barely much coaching done in that week anyway with the returning players doing fitness work. The only thing that counted against him is that there was the World Cup and players were returning at different times and maybe that he didn't have time before that to plan things properly. Otherwise, he pretty much had the entire pre-season to work with whatever players he had then.

Didn't speak the language? He already knew English from his days as a banker. And as Iggy mentioned, taking over a team that finished 5th is hardly starting at the deep end. Remember Conte taking over a side that finished 10th?

Also, not sure if many realized but we finished this season with just 72 points (only 2 more than last season) - that tally wouldn't have seen us finish in the Top 4 last season, which says something about the standards of other teams dropping - and we ended up with 63 goals scored and 39 conceded, which is 1 more than we scored and conceded in Conte's final season. And people have been acting like this season has been WOW or something...

You are as good as what is in front of you, with the return of Morata 5, Higuain 5 and Giroud 2 it was a miracle we came 3rd but winning Europa and Carobo finals confirm it wasn't a fluke.

Two things come to mind when people even suggest Lampard to come in:

1. Does Frank even WANT to manage Chelsea so soon?

2. There are still former teammates of Lampard in the dressing room. How would that affect dressing room dynamics if he decides to chop/change the starting 11.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Two things come to mind when people even suggest Lampard to come in:

1. Does Frank even WANT to manage Chelsea so soon?

There's absolutely zero chance he will stay at Derby if offered the job, no way would he turn it down.