Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Didn't buy into his footballing philosophy? :lol: What were the signings of Jorginho, Kovacic, Higuain and, to an extent, Kepa about then? 

The fans' discontent was more than justified when it first happened in the United game. Sarri was fielding predictable XI, making like for like subs, offering no tactical variations or solutions, making us play tedious football etc. The fact that he started changing up the XI and subs in the latter stage of the season proved that he realized his mistakes. The abuse he got was arguably too far but the criticism is more than justified. If he can't take a bit of heat from the fans, then maybe he's not cut out to manage at the deep end of a big job.

7 hours ago, Mana said:

I’m beginning to lose my mind on people trying to lie, twist and sugarcoat things about this season. 2nd half of the season was very awful, but we had another paper over the cracks moment of finishing 3rd and winning the EL. Just like last season with Conte and the FA Cup.

It’s like how Mourinho’s United finished 2nd that season. How? I believe Mourinho was right saying that is his biggest achievement in football.

In the second half of the season (from Jan 1 till the end), we picked up only 29 points, which is less than Man City (51), Liverpool (43), Arsenal (32), Man United (31) and wait for it...Crystal Palace (30) and that's including the late season collapse suffered by Arsenal AND United. If anything, it's our first season of the campaign that saved us!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

In the second half of the season (from Jan 1 till the end), we picked up only 29 points, which is less than Man City (51), Liverpool (43), Arsenal (32), Man United (31) and wait for it...Crystal Palace (30) and that's including the late season collapse suffered by Arsenal AND United. If anything, it's our first season of the campaign that saved us!

Thats just not good enough, yes we got to 2 finals and won one of them, but the journey man......was so dull, so boring and tactically few steps below what we are used to.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This is going to set us back, but at least we have 1 year of progressive football injected in the team. 

Build on it. Sarri may be gone, but let's still keep that same vision into the club. 

Sure.....if you can get the right manager in and back his ass then why not. But its a fra cry from that atm.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This is going to set us back, but at least we have 1 year of progressive football injected in the team. 

Build on it. Sarri may be gone, but let's still keep that same vision into the club

Mourinho walks in like:

Bildresultat för vince mcmahon walk

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seeing Javi Gracia's name being mentioned on Twitter now...

😔

Seriously if that is the level we're looking at then we are in trouble. With the greatest respect to Javi Gracia what exactly has he done? Watford are one of the most inconsistent teams in the league and although a cup final is a great day out for them, all sorts of weird and wonderful teams have reached the final in recent years. Not to mention they got annihilated once they reached the final. A journeyman manager that has offered nothing to suggest getting excited about, and not to mention he's on a ridiculously long contract with Watford so the compensation I would expect to be pretty hefty.

I'm not sure if I cope with a third instalment of Jose, but I would take him without blinking over some of these managers being linked to us.

If any current PL manager is under consideration by the club it should be Eddie Howe. Great man manager who coaches nice,mat tacking football. His teams are super inconsistent defensively but so is just about everyone else.

I'd be interested to see how he'd get on with better players. Not sure we'd look at him, though, because he's not exotic enough.

18 hours ago, y10edn said:

I have always sympathised with him here, Sarri came weeks into the season, new country, didn't speak the language.

He spoke the language fine and was effectively fluent having worked in London previously. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If any current PL manager is under consideration by the club it should be Eddie Howe. Great man manager who coaches nice,mat tacking football. His teams are super inconsistent defensively but so is just about everyone else.

I'd be interested to see how he'd get on with better players. Not sure we'd look at him, though, because he's not exotic enough.

He'd be a bigger risk than Lampard tbh.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

...how exactly?

I know Howe is a risk, but how is he a bigger risk than Lampard?

Lampard only coached for ONE season, and that's in the fecking Championship.

Howe has been coaching for years in the PL. He has way more experience in the highest level than Lampard.

And no, don't use the silly "He knows Chelsea more"...that means jackshite.

He won't be afforded time, that's how.

Howe is a decent manager, but the hype around him is largely down to his nationality. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I find Eddie Howe to be overrated, TBH. His Bournemouth side play good football but as you said, they can't defend (you can't just brush it off like it's nothing if we want to succeed at the highest level) and Howe doesn't seem to offer much in terms of tactical variety.

Furthermore, since he got Bournemouth to the Premier League in 2015, he has spent £136.5 million - which is quite a lot when you consider some of the smaller sides don't even get to spend that much - and finished 16th, 9th, 12th and 14th, with a return of 42, 46, 44, 45 points respectively.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

And Lampard would? What makes you think he would be given time over Howe?

There seems to be some bizarre notion that Lampad will be given time from the board and the fans. And that the players will all of a sudden put in 110% shifts every week. Just because it's Lampard.