Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

He spent 3 years there and didnt achieve the goal, thats why they wanted a new manager.

Any bayern fan at the time wanted him gone because he didnt showcase "bayern philosophy" or whatever they called their german efficiency.

It has no comparisson to Sarri who will leave after one year. 

I was bit dissapointed with the performances (not the results) from Sarri, but anyone who expected better results from first season is dumb. He will either prove his worth in 2nd or 3rd season or he will flop. No way to judge him after one season where he had to completely change our style.

Guess we'll never know now but based on this past season and with the transfer ban, do you really think we'll do better under Sarri next season with the same set of players (minus Hazard)?

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Guess we'll never know now but based on this past season and with the transfer ban, do you really think we'll do better under Sarri next season with the same set of players (minus Hazard)?

Yes. We improved in the second half of the season. Easily beaten by Liverpool and city but that a because of the difference in players. That's not down to the manager. 

Jorginho also improved. Plus without hazard i expect us to be better defensively. To press better, to move the ball quicker (he holds on to it for quite long). Pulisic can press and has good movement. I expect CHO to continue his development as with RLC when they are back. 

Emerson will have taken a starting position  and I would hope Reece James puts Azpi under pressure. 

In short, I think Sarri would have been able to stamp his style on better. I'm actually disappointed he's leaving. 

4 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Yes. We improved in the second half of the season. Easily beaten by Liverpool and city but that a because of the difference in players. That's not down to the manager. 

Jorginho also improved. Plus without hazard i expect us to be better defensively. To press better, to move the ball quicker (he holds on to it for quite long). Pulisic can press and has good movement. I expect CHO to continue his development as with RLC when they are back. 

Emerson will have taken a starting position  and I would hope Reece James puts Azpi under pressure. 

In short, I think Sarri would have been able to stamp his style on better. I'm actually disappointed he's leaving. 

We also lost easily to Everton, Arsenal, Bournemouth (4-0!!!) and only beat some terrible teams. Results and performances looked encouraging due to facing some hopeless oppositions in the Europa League. Only because Loftus-Cheek and CHO played late in the season that they were able to instill some excitement, quality and freshness into an otherwise stale and tedious side. 

14 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

How did we improve in the second half of the season? It was the same BS after the first 10 games or so. Look at our away way games, just horrible. Jorgo got better the last 6-7 games or so and showed great promise though. You think we will be faster and better cuz Eden aint there? He was THE guy to get us goals, THE guy to make the oppoenent shit themselves.....he isnt coutinho or Sanchez, make no mistake we will be worse off without him.  His lack of plan b and his terrible substitutions have had most of us scratch our heads. Sari unfortunately is one dimensional meaning he doesn’t adapt as a game evolves there is almost an arrogance in that he sticks to his game plan irrespective of how the opposition adapt

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I believe we will do better for the future.

Young players will get established and we will actualy have a new core for next era. 

If we bring Lamps or Allegri, they will be stop gap. We are just doing side steps. Make the most of the current team ala Conte and play whatever style suits them. The results would probably be better next season, but then we start all over again because thats not long term solution. 

Sarri has James, Rudiger, Luiz (Christensen), Emerson, Kante, Jorginho, RLC, Pulisic, Odoi. The striker is a real issue indeed. Others can improve and suit Sarri style or whoever that plays attacking football takes over eventualy.

If the club sees Lamps as long term solution and start a fucking project already, then good. But we all know they would bring him for short fix which is just papering over cracks. 

37 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

If favour blanc over allegri. His record was average before he inherited Contes juventus

Blanc will get us nowhere, average and another manager who will be eaten up in EPL. A good reason he has been jobless for over 3 seasons. Allegry is at least a tactican, a proven Winner and got JUve to 2 CL finals. Allegry is free too and will cost nothing, we could do much worse thats for sure. I would love Simone but Allegry is a safe bet atm imo. We are in fucked up situation with the ban etc, which means we need a winner and tactician to get us through.

On 01/06/2019 at 6:57 PM, Jason said:

Yeah and he also said things that made him sound non-committed to staying. Managers, players etc don't always speak the truth in public. 

How do you know the club didn't make any assurances to him? You're basically just speculating and using it as some sort of truth. And what assurances do you even want? Public statement to quieten the fans? That would just be putting a band-aid till next season. As for signings, the club did back Sarri in the last two transfer windows, paying big money to sign the players that he want. So if we could sign players this summer, I'm sure the board would be doing the same again. But since we have transfer ban on, it's hard to guarantee anything for now, is it?

Rather than just piling everything on the board and/or the fans, maybe Sarri is just hell-bent on leaving when you look at the simple, different circumstances between us and Juventus. And this is a manager who hasn't stayed longer than 3 years at a club and at times, stayed only 1 year at a club in his career.

Do you really think the youth players won't be used if the transfer ban sticks? Our squad is hardly heavily stacked right now and if we are to do something decent in all four competitions, then the manager, whoever might that be, is gonna have to juggle the resources. Otherwise, he's just gonna create his own problems and problems for the team by running the senior players to the ground.

I don't think anyone is genuinely expecting us to challenge for the title next season, especially if we have the transfer ban.

And why would he be so hellbent on leaving....?

He was desperate to come here last summer and sourly severed his ties with a club which are his boyhood team. I dont think Juventus solely batting their eyelids at him is enough for him to just want to leave, okay they are in better condition than us, better run, better squad etc....the talk of family reasons (think thats bullshit because over 65% of the PL players and managers are foreign and in the same scenario)... but yes the transfer ban, all the fan discontent towards him, lack of support from the board after reportey asking for reassurances in his meeting, lets not take that into consideration and just say hes hellbent on leaving for other reasons. The way this club is run and his relationship with the board and the fans is undoubtedly one of main reason why he is hellbent on leaving and rightly so. He would probably be a fool to stay actually all things considered although I think there is a percentage who do want him to stay, myself included. 

The fans made his stay hell, he's proved himself, playing his own way. I have always sympathised with him here, Sarri came weeks into the season, new country, didn't speak the language, inherited a comparatively poor team that came 5th. I know it was frustrating at times but apart from City and Pool, all the other clubs would wish they had the season we just had. with a squad that only 2 of the players can walk into other clubs in top 6, the fans expected too much too soon. He hasn't left the club worse off and would have been sacked if Wembley didn't go to penalties or if he lost in Baku. Its rather unfortunate because he seemed to be forging an understanding with the team and the way he outfoxed Arsenal as against the November match at the Emirates would have been helpful next season. The fans couldn't wait for him to be sacked 6 weeks ago, now showing disgust for him wanting to leave, sorry guys, we don't deserve his loyalty.

20 minutes ago, y10edn said:

didn't speak the language, inherited a comparatively poor team that came 5th. I

Err yes he does and the fa cup holders and a team they came fifth is hardly being put in the deep end is it.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

And why would he be so hellbent on leaving....?

He was desperate to come here last summer and sourly severed his ties with a club which are his boyhood team. I dont think Juventus solely batting their eyelids at him is enough for him to just want to leave, okay they are in better condition than us, better run, better squad etc....the talk of family reasons (think thats bullshit because over 65% of the PL players and managers are foreign and in the same scenario)... but yes the transfer ban, all the fan discontent towards him, lack of support from the board after reportey asking for reassurances in his meeting, lets not take that into consideration and just say hes hellbent on leaving for other reasons. The way this club is run and his relationship with the board and the fans is undoubtedly one of main reason why he is hellbent on leaving and rightly so. He would probably be a fool to stay actually all things considered although I think there is a percentage who do want him to stay, myself included. 

The bigger teams can still can tear us apart.

There are not many of them (outside of England) but

Barca

Real Madrid

Juventus

Bayern

still cast a longer shadow, 3 of the four are going to help rip us apart atm At least we do not have Barca all in for Kante, as they would get him if they wanted him, unlike PSG, who are nouveau riche to a far greater level than us, they only have even been a team since 1970. 

6 hours ago, y10edn said:

Sarri came weeks into the season, new country, didn't speak the language, inherited a comparatively poor team that came 5th. I know it was frustrating at times but apart from City and Pool

No, Sarri didn't come weeks into the season and this notion that he didn't have the whole pre-season is completely BS, by the way. Our pre-season started on July 9 last summer and he came in on July 14 and there was barely much coaching done in that week anyway with the returning players doing fitness work. The only thing that counted against him is that there was the World Cup and players were returning at different times and maybe that he didn't have time before that to plan things properly. Otherwise, he pretty much had the entire pre-season to work with whatever players he had then.

Didn't speak the language? He already knew English from his days as a banker. And as Iggy mentioned, taking over a team that finished 5th is hardly starting at the deep end. Remember Conte taking over a side that finished 10th?

Also, not sure if many realized but we finished this season with just 72 points (only 2 more than last season) - that tally wouldn't have seen us finish in the Top 4 last season, which says something about the standards of other teams dropping - and we ended up with 63 goals scored and 39 conceded, which is 1 more than we scored and conceded in Conte's final season. And people have been acting like this season has been WOW or something...

I think its unfair to blame the fans honestly. He was gone when Kepa ignored his demands in public. If he had the power to punish him then thats one thing, but there was really nothing he could do. No person, with options, will stay in that situation. 

Momblano: According to the agent Ramadani, Sarri frees himself from Chelsea today.

Momblano: Again according to this agent, Sarri will be announced as a new Juventus coach by Wednesday

Momblano: This version found no denials from Juventus.

[Momblano] “Chelsea will let Sarri go today & before wednesday he will sign for Juventus...according to the manager of Sarri. But I have different info.”

Momblano: Today I can only remain on the name of Guardiola. Because I believe that Juve has worked on those levels.

Momblano: Juve's attempt on Guardiola does not depend on the sentence but on the will of Guardiola himself.

Momblano: If Juve signs Sarri tomorrow it's because Guardiola says "I don't feel like it". But I believe in it little.

Momblano: From what I guessed Sarri and Sarri's entourage feel they are Juve's first choice.

Momblano: There are two press releases that will decide, let's see what comes first. The Chelsea communiqué or the Uefa ruling on the City.

Apparently this "Momblano" is some Juve ITK journalist. Found these quotes on a Juve forum coming from a TV show this "Momblano" is doing live at the moment.
Looks like Juve trying/tried to sign Pep because he have a clause releasing him from his contract at City if they fail to qualify for CL and they might get banned by UEFA.