Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I wont even bother looking at the odds in the 'race for next chelsea manager'.  It's so obvious Lampard is getting the job

I really wish we could question the appointment. Honestly.

Want someone to ask Buck "What makes you think a manager, who in his first year took one of the best squads in the championship yet finished 6th, is capable of managing Chelsea Football Club? Please explain your rationale" 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I really wish we could question the appointment. Honestly.

Want someone to ask Buck "What makes you think a manager, who in his first year took one of the best squads in the championship yet finished 6th, is capable of managing Chelsea Football Club? Please explain your rationale" 

i'll tell you why its lampard.

Lampard will get a year to settle in (managerially), examine the squad and integrate a few, not a  lot, youth players albeit with the recommendation of Jody Morris.  Next summer after evaluation he will then have a clear idea who goes, and who stays.    During that year while we have a ban in place and a manager who the board will expect to get a much easier ride should we lose games, than say Sarri did

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Lampard will get a year to settle in (managerially), examine the squad and integrate a few, not a  lot, youth players albeit with the recommendation of Jody Morris.  Next summer after evaluation he will then have a clear idea who goes, and who stays.    During that year while we have a ban in place and a manager who the board will expect to get a much easier ride should we lose games, than say Sarri did

Exactly, no match going fan or certainly not the majority will give one of our greatest legends any grief for underperforming whilst in the middle of a transfer embargo. He can finish mid table and I reckon most won't complain much. Give him that first season to integrate the youth and then let's spend the following and see how we get on. Makes little odds of he's shit. No manager gets a lengthy spell here anyway even if they are relativity successful. And you know what?it works for us

4 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, xPetrCechx said:

Untitled.png

ahhh, you put it up when I was putting in the link, lolol

lolol

you can buy me wife and I a tmavý ležák when we next go to Prague :drunk:

I like it at U Fleků, but the staff are cunts

so bloody rude

The fans will give Lampard time/will respect him is the most absurd argument I've ever heard.

I remember when Lampard went to City and when he scored against us. The resentment and bashing he received because of it. We are some of the most impatient fans out there, and you cannot, convince me otherwise our fans won't be just as merciless if results don't go our way. I'm sick and tired of hearing all of this conjecture about Lampard. He will have time. He will be respected. I will believe it when I see it.

Far as I'm concerned, the moment things go south, (which I reckon will be rather quick given he is no way qualified), the same bell-ends that were so quick to be in favor for Lampard, will be the first to turn on him. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/31/maurizio-sarri-tells-chelsea-juventus-return-italy

Maurizio Sarri’s stint as Chelsea’s head coach looks set to be cut short just days after he lifted the Europa League trophy in Azerbaijan after the Italian held talks with the club’s hierarchy and made clear his desire to return to Serie A with Juventus.

The 60-year-old steered Chelsea to a third-place finish in the Premier League, secured Champions League qualification and claimed the first major silverware of his coaching career courtesy of Wednesday’s 4-1 thrashing of Arsenal in Baku over a tumultuous first campaign in English football. However, despite having signed off at the Olympic stadium stressing his “love of the Premier League”, it is understood Sarri met with the director, Marina Granovskaia, on Friday and indicated his preference would be a return to Italy for family reasons, as well as the chance to coach Juve.

The head coach’s agent, Fali Ramadani, had flown to London from Milan earlier in the day to speak with his client before returning to Italy, where he remains in regular contact with the reigning Serie A champions, who have apparently offered the former Napoli manager a contract through to 2022. It is believed Sarri, whose team had been watched in person by Roman Abramovich in that victory over Arsenal, went on to meet Granovskaia to discuss his future without his representative present.

Despite the head coach’s position having been under serious scrutiny mid-season, a period when results deteriorated and his relationship with a vocal section of the club’s support effectively fractured beyond repair, Chelsea had no real desire to sack the Italian this summer following the team’s encouraging end to the campaign. Indeed, the team’s performance in the Europa League final had been hugely encouraging and offered a timely glimpse of Sarri-ball at its attacking best. However, with Sarri’s occasional outbursts counting against him – particularly his public criticism of the decision to play a charity match against New England Revolution in Boston after the end of the domestic season – there had also been an acceptance that, if he went on to indicate a desire to leave, Chelsea would not stand in his way if potential suitors agreed a compensation package for his services.

Granovskaia is now expected to speak with Abramovich, but the onus is very much on Juve to make a formal approach for the head coach’s services and, most likely, buy out the remaining year on Sarri’s £5m-a-season contract. There had been an option for a further 12 months on the deal he signed in London last summer.

We'll be competing with Wolves, Leicester, and Everton next season if the ban is in place. May sound hyperbolic but it's reality.

Only scenario I could see Lamps keeping us competitive near the top of the league in his first season is if he's backed considerably. If that doesn't happen he'll have us midtable.