Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread


 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

United made a mistake in not waiting for Pochetino because I believe the same, poch is leaving after this final. 

I'm surprised that juventus want Sarri instead of Pochetino but maybe Barcelona will go for him? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today has clearly showed the bar which Chelsea must work towards reaching. At this moment we are pretty far away but the overreaction today on this forum is incredible. Sarri has been at the club

I'm telling you now, to all the SarriOut supporters.... you don't know how lucky we are to have a humble manager like Sarri... a man with principle, passion, an expansive free flowing footballing phil

The decline in performances is a lot down to one thing, The lack of training pitch time. He is coming in, trying to teach the squad a totally different brand of football to what the players are a

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. We have sacked managers in the past, even after they have won trophies with us. I hardly think Sarri leaving is gonna place any sudden alarm bells on the job when it's been there for years.

2. When you said fans slaughter the manager, are you talking about the ones in stadiums? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the fans actually only protested publicly like twice - United at home and Cardiff away. Online criticism shouldn't even be relevant when it happens everywhere. And moreover, you're making it out as if this only happens at Chelsea when it happens at other clubs as well. If he's really quitting because of things like this, not saying it's good, then he's probably gonna have it worse in Italy with the Ultras there if things go south at Juventus. 

3. Marina not fussed about letting Sarri go? She was the one who brought him in and like it or not, we have never been a club that prevents people from leaving if they really want to. And reports have suggested that the board actually aren't going to sack Sarri if he wants to stay because of the encouraging end to the 

When have the fans ever protested here in the last 10 or 15 years other than when we appointed Rafa? So twice in a season is bad enough and considering it was quite daft and a by product of poor form too shows exactly where we are at. I doubt anyone cares about the online stuff but the studd you see some of these people go to the games and the booing and whatever else weve also heard this season is quite pathetic, particularly when Jorginho was bood.... Plus you were saying that the protests regarding CHO and RLC prompted him to play them to "save his job".... the alarm bells should be there, theyve been for a few seasons regardless but if someone like Sarri, a guy who we went through the ringer to appoint, doesnt want to be here because he hasnt got the necessary backing or whatever then what does that say about the club? This is a guy who has no interest in the transfer market as he said himself but again, he wants the club to back his stance on how he manages the players and how the team plays... shouldnt that not be a given at a club anyway? Also if the board werent going to sack Sarri, which I agree on after the ending to the season, they should throw their weight behind him and convince him they want him to stay but they havent, theyve probably not even tried. Even during the dip, similarly like with Villas-Boas, the club had every chance to show they backed him or show some sort of indication they supported him publically but they didnt (and no not actually sacking him is hardly the true show of support I was talking about). These sacking rumours didnt go away and ultimately now Sarri will probably have the last laugh because he will likely go to Juventus, which right now is a better job at a much better run club where hes actually wanted and will be given full support. Theres been alarm bells for years but to let a manager go due to his request as he hasnt felt hes recieved the adequate backing and support throughout the season.... what sort of imagine does that paint to his successor? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Poch is an ultimate bottler though. You can repeat that semis against Ajax ten times, and I would say 8 out of 10 Ajax would have win it and gone through. They are very, very lucky to be in the final. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

When have the fans ever protested here in the last 10 or 15 years other than when we appointed Rafa? So twice in a season is bad enough and considering it was quite daft and a by product of poor form too shows exactly where we are at. I doubt anyone cares about the online stuff but the studd you see some of these people go to the games and the booing and whatever else weve also heard this season is quite pathetic, particularly when Jorginho was bood.... Plus you were saying that the protests regarding CHO and RLC prompted him to play them to "save his job".... the alarm bells should be there, theyve been for a few seasons regardless but if someone like Sarri, a guy who we went through the ringer to appoint, doesnt want to be here because he hasnt got the necessary backing or whatever then what does that say about the club? This is a guy who has no interest in the transfer market as he said himself but again, he wants the club to back his stance on how he manages the players and how the team plays... shouldnt that not be a given at a club anyway? Also if the board werent going to sack Sarri, which I agree on after the ending to the season, they should throw their weight behind him and convince him they want him to stay but they havent, theyve probably not even tried. Even during the dip, similarly like with Villas-Boas, the club had every chance to show they backed him or show some sort of indication they supported him publically but they didnt (and no not actually sacking him is hardly the true show of support I was talking about). These sacking rumours didnt go away and ultimately now Sarri will probably have the last laugh because he will likely go to Juventus, which right now is a better job at a much better run club where hes actually wanted and will be given full support. Theres been alarm bells for years but to let a manager go due to his request as he hasnt felt hes recieved the adequate backing and support throughout the season.... what sort of imagine does that paint to his successor? 

How do you know the club didn't try to convince him to stay? We don't even know exactly what they discussed in the meeting on Friday.

I'm not saying the booing is great and all but it wasn't even constant and it happens elsewhere. You see managers stick with to their job and try prove the doubters wrong. Sarri could have done so but has chosen to quit. Also, let's not pretend this fans' protest thing is the MAIN reason he wants to leave. Wouldn't even be surprising if he wants to jump ship because of the transfer ban and the attraction of managing Juventus is better than managing us.

The club have also backed him in the way he wants to play. Signed Jorginho last summer for big money, Kovacic and then Higuain in January for him. 

What I do agree with you is the communication from the club and this is where I hope getting that Director of Football will help solve the issue. Would be helpful if someone from the club can actually let us know their thoughts on matters from time to time rather just be silent the whole time and let media agendas dominate the headlines surrounding the club.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roman is so used to fire managers...Sarri asking to leave must be a huge blow for him.

At the end or the day Sarri going back to Italy is an onbvious choice. He is respected there, and lets be honest: right now Juventus has a better chance of winning things than us.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Gab Marcotti mentioned on ESPN that Juventus actually also have eyes on Pochettino. Will be harder to get him due to the compensation (and Daniel Levy!) but IF Spurs win the Champions League, wonder whether Pochettino will decide to quit...

marcotti is full of absolute shit though.  Knows fuck all

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with stadium now done and having a year of no spend Spurs will give Poch a tidy kitty infact this summer.  He will still be there next year, because Spurs would ask for a  very large compo package i reckon.  

 

At this moment my money is on sarri... way more concrete news.   Guardiola stuff is absolute shite, he must be so pissed off denying it categorically that he will go juventus, and muppets on twitter still banging on about it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

How do you know the club didn't try to convince him to stay? We don't even know exactly what they discussed in the meeting on Friday.

I'm not saying the booing is great and all but it wasn't even constant and it happens elsewhere. You see managers stick with to their job and try prove the doubters wrong. Sarri could have done so but has chosen to quit. Also, let's not pretend this fans' protest thing is the MAIN reason he wants to leave. Wouldn't even be surprising if he wants to jump ship because of the transfer ban and the attraction of managing Juventus is better than managing us.

The club have also backed him in the way he wants to play. Signed Jorginho last summer for big money, Kovacic and then Higuain in January for him. 

What I do agree with you is the communication from the club and this is where I hope getting that Director of Football will help solve the issue. Would be helpful if someone from the club can actually let us know their thoughts on matters from time to time rather just be silent the whole time and let media agendas dominate the headlines surrounding the club.

He said a week ago he wanted to stay at Chelsea though. If the club really wanted him to stay and had made a sufficient effort, why has he asked to leave? Family reasons for me doesnt cut it, this is a smokescreen in my eyes. He wanted reassurances regarding support, he wouldnt be asking to leave if they had said theyd stand by him and made assurances. 

Fair enough Juventus are massive and wouldnt be surprised but its very weird for a manager to say one week before he wants to stay at Chelsea, in the PL, then to go and change his tune after winning a European trophy and finishing 3rd, isnt it (having only lost 2 games in the last 20 as well)? Even then its reported hes not even Juventus' first choice... they want him, true but they wanted Poch and Pep before.

Transfer ban or not, still, after saying that comments to change his mind a week after? Screams that the club havent tried hard enough or he remains unconvinced by what they said. Where as in comparison the club were stern with Hazard and Willian going in the summer. Says a lot when theyd put more effort into retaining Willian than trying to retain the manager. Just shows where we are at. 

The fan thing hasnt helped, its fair to say some dislike him and the booing Jorginho, him, his subs and chanting fuck Sarriball is proof along with the 2 protests. The whole fan discontent thing with Rafa prompted him to not even think about staying on after that interim spell as Jose was only confirmed to leave Real in April that season, Rafa came in around the end of November. So why stay and try prove yourself when your own team fans and the media have basically even after playing Ruben and Callum still slaughter you? It obviously has a bearing on the thinking and that coupled with what I think regarding the clubs effort to "convince" him to stay if we can call it that, surely any sane person would weigh that up.

Id still be surprised if Lampard, whos probably the bookies favorite, (who the majority seem to think will come in and play all the academy boys, which is naivety at its finest, change of manager is gonna give all these average players another chance) comes in and does any better without Hazard (if he does if he comes in, I will eat humble pie).

I honestly think we will have another similar season unless we improve the first 11 somehow, regardless of if its Sarri, Lampard, Allegri, Nuno... whoever in charge. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maurizio Sarri wants to bring two Chelsea players with him to Juventus

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/01/maurizio-sarri-wants-bring-two-chelsea-players-juventus-9771949/

Maurizio Sarri has earmarked two Chelsea players he would like to bring with him to Juventus once he is confirmed as Max Allegri’s successor. The 60-year-old is ready to walk away from Stamford Bridge after 10 tumultuous months at the helm during which he has fallen out with and isolated a number of players, been abused regularly by Chelsea fans and yet still achieved Champions League qualification and Europa League glory. Sarri is reported to have told Chelsea of his intentions to quit after Wednesday’s crushing 4-1 win over Arsenal in Baku and will succeed Allegri at Juventus, once the Serie A champions have agreed a compensation fee. Already the former Napoli coach, according to Tuttosport, has earmarked two Chelsea players he would like to bring with him to Turin in Gonzalo Higuain and Emerson Palmieri.

snip

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

We're not sacking him bud, he's asked to leave, to jump ship.

Even the managers want to leave us now? This has to be a new low for Chelsea then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He said a week ago he wanted to stay at Chelsea though. If the club really wanted him to stay and had made a sufficient effort, why has he asked to leave? Family reasons for me doesnt cut it, this is a smokescreen in my eyes. He wanted reassurances regarding support, he wouldnt be asking to leave if they had said theyd stand by him and made assurances. 

Fair enough Juventus are massive and wouldnt be surprised but its very weird for a manager to say one week before he wants to stay at Chelsea, in the PL, then to go and change his tune after winning a European trophy and finishing 3rd, isnt it (having only lost 2 games in the last 20 as well)? Even then its reported hes not even Juventus' first choice... they want him, true but they wanted Poch and Pep before.

Transfer ban or not, still, after saying that comments to change his mind a week after? Screams that the club havent tried hard enough or he remains unconvinced by what they said. Where as in comparison the club were stern with Hazard and Willian going in the summer. Says a lot when theyd put more effort into retaining Willian than trying to retain the manager. Just shows where we are at. 

The fan thing hasnt helped, its fair to say some dislike him and the booing Jorginho, him, his subs and chanting fuck Sarriball is proof along with the 2 protests. The whole fan discontent thing with Rafa prompted him to not even think about staying on after that interim spell as Jose was only confirmed to leave Real in April that season, Rafa came in around the end of November. So why stay and try prove yourself when your own team fans and the media have basically even after playing Ruben and Callum still slaughter you? It obviously has a bearing on the thinking and that coupled with what I think regarding the clubs effort to "convince" him to stay if we can call it that, surely any sane person would weigh that up.

Yeah and he also said things that made him sound non-committed to staying. Managers, players etc don't always speak the truth in public. 

How do you know the club didn't make any assurances to him? You're basically just speculating and using it as some sort of truth. And what assurances do you even want? Public statement to quieten the fans? That would just be putting a band-aid till next season. As for signings, the club did back Sarri in the last two transfer windows, paying big money to sign the players that he want. So if we could sign players this summer, I'm sure the board would be doing the same again. But since we have transfer ban on, it's hard to guarantee anything for now, is it?

Rather than just piling everything on the board and/or the fans, maybe Sarri is just hell-bent on leaving when you look at the simple, different circumstances between us and Juventus. And this is a manager who hasn't stayed longer than 3 years at a club and at times, stayed only 1 year at a club in his career.

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Id still be surprised if Lampard, whos probably the bookies favorite, (who the majority seem to think will come in and play all the academy boys, which is naivety at its finest, change of manager is gonna give all these average players another chance) comes in and does any better without Hazard (if he does if he comes in, I will eat humble pie).

Do you really think the youth players won't be used if the transfer ban sticks? Our squad is hardly heavily stacked right now and if we are to do something decent in all four competitions, then the manager, whoever might that be, is gonna have to juggle the resources. Otherwise, he's just gonna create his own problems and problems for the team by running the senior players to the ground.

29 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I honestly think we will have another similar season unless we improve the first 11 somehow, regardless of if its Sarri, Lampard, Allegri, Nuno... whoever in charge. 

I don't think anyone is genuinely expecting us to challenge for the title next season, especially if we have the transfer ban.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Even the managers want to leave us now? This has to be a new low for Chelsea then.

Guardiola left Bayern for Man City in 2016. Must have been a new low for them...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Laurent Blanc is a good manager. Won with Boureaux as an underdog and dominated with PSG. He plays an attractive football, flexible, plays youth and enough experience to not allow the board to push him around. 

He is on par with Sarri, in fact with attributes i appreciate more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Laurent Blanc is a good manager. Won with Boureaux as an underdog and dominated with PSG. He plays an attractive football, flexible, plays youth and enough experience to not allow the board to push him around. 

He is on par with Sarri, in fact with attributes i appreciate more. 

He speaks English fluently which is a positive

Link to post
Share on other sites

DEBUT SEASON WINS 

1. Jose Mourinho (2004-05) - 42 

2. Maurizio Sarri (2018-19) - 39 

2. Carlo Ancelotti (2009-10) - 39 

4. Antonio Conte (2016-17) - 37 

5. Jose Mourinho (2013-14) - 35 

6. Claudio Ranieri (2000-01) - 21 

6. Luiz Felipe Scolari (2008-09) - 21

6. Andre Villas-Boas (2011-12) - 21

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gdlk said:

Yeah those like rising sun and others booing and chanting fuck Sarri 

Haha there was no booing or chanting from me. Just a lot of hope Sarri got it together. There were zero signs of better football though and the way I see it , apart from defenders passing it among themselves( which was proven via stats) it was hazard FC for me. He made our season happen.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Haha there was no booing or chanting from me. Just a lot of hope Sarri got it together. There were zero signs of better football though and the way I see it , apart from defenders passing it among themselves( which was proven via stats) it was hazard FC for me. He made our season happen.

 

by FAR the main issue with most all of us on the board was his fucking shit team picking and sub policy

go back and look at the thousands of game posts

he finally wised up on Alonso (which also lead to us playing better down the end,, and played CHO and RLC much more, till they both got injured, which also lifted us

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...