Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, Special Juan said:

I didn't know he was member of this forum.

It doesn't matter you are part of the fanbase, a leader more so because of your status on this forum and just an example of what many said about him.

Just now, Nicco said:

It doesn't matter you are part of the fanbase, a leader more so because of your status on this forum and just an example of what many said about him.

Nothing to do with my status on here, I still have my own opinions, or is that wrong?

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Nothing to do with my status on here, I still have my own opinions, or is that wrong?

What opinion, you've insulted him numerous times by simply giving a one catch phrase insult with nothing else to add in your posts. Shouldn't the forum be about discussing instead of mild bashing the coach? While lurking in the past I seem to remember a ton of old members here getting perma banned for the same reasons as now.

Anyways you saw my point, I won't discuss this further.

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

He is getting handsomely paid by the club and fans. He had made poor statements earlier in the season to question the coach.

I'm sorry, but we are not allowed to criticise the coach now?

He had made poor statements right before the match and the same shit each time I come here before a match, you guys never learn always the same shit and right after being proven wrong most of you pretend like Sarri didn't contribute to the result and give no credit whatsoever.

I saw people wanting Lampard but obviously the same people pretend like they never used the no trophies argument against Sarri and somehow is better because of just a few months of coaching  in the championship hilarious.

Even if Sarri had failed this season some of you must be in total denial to accept the state of our squad which is arguably 5th best squad right now in the PL. You pretend like we have a squad of 11 Messi and Sarri can't do shit with it.

35 minutes ago, Mana said:

He is getting handsomely paid by the club and fans. He had made poor statements earlier in the season to question him.

I'm sorry, but we are not allowed to criticise the coach now?

the coach or the man? 

the coach yes, but he was insulted personally so many times

Knowing how the media operate and the interview being conducted in his native Italy, I wouldn't be surprised if the quote has been wildly taken out of context (i.e. him making a passing comment about Napoli which is fair enough as it's a club that means a lot to him and helped put him on the map in terms of international recognition) or there is more to the interview but Sky Italy have gone with the bit that they want to go with.

He definitely should have done an interview for English media last night though or straight after the game. I know its clearly something he doesn't like but if he stays on here, he needs to build a better relationship with the media. It shouldn't work in that way, but it does and is half the reason why you hear no criticism of the likes of Poch and Klopp despite years without a trophy.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

If he doesn't want to acknowledge us fans, that's fine. But dedicating the trophy to his previous club's fans is just taking the piss. 

Who cares we show to be a bunch of plastics by not supporting him. Has all the right. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

The hell is wrong with you? Didn't I come out yesterday saying after winning the EL, I cannot argue if Sarri stays? He achieved the targets this season, I acknowledged that. Also, don't pretend that because we finished 3rd (just about) and winning the EL that Sarri should be immune to the criticism from his poor tactical decisions he has done this year.

Sarri did absolutely well last night silencing Lacazette and Auba, but again - doesn't mean we should now cover up the cracks on Sarri this season.

Have I ever insulted his smoking habits? I agree that the smoking thing is OTT, but I criticise on his tactics not his smoking, mental issues or whatever.

My post wasn't directly addressed to you but the majority who said this on a regular basis about Sarri.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Have I ever insulted his smoking habits? I agree that the smoking thing is OTT, but I criticise on his tactics not his smoking, mental issues or whatever.

many fans did (and many so called journalists that is even worse) 

as I said, there are also fans who appreciate him, and he should thank them before leave (if he will leave) 

14 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Knowing how the media operate and the interview being conducted in his native Italy, I wouldn't be surprised if the quote has been wildly taken out of context (i.e. him making a passing comment about Napoli which is fair enough as it's a club that means a lot to him and helped put him on the map in terms of international recognition) or there is more to the interview but Sky Italy have gone with the bit that they want to go with.

He definitely should have done an interview for English media last night though or straight after the game. I know its clearly something he doesn't like but if he stays on here, he needs to build a better relationship with the media. It shouldn't work in that way, but it does and is half the reason why you hear no criticism of the likes of Poch and Klopp despite years without a trophy.

He did this interview:

And also had a press conference, so he did a lot of media

36 minutes ago, Nicco said:

What opinion, you've insulted him numerous times by simply giving a one catch phrase insult with nothing else to add in your posts. Shouldn't the forum be about discussing instead of mild bashing the coach? While lurking in the past I seem to remember a ton of old members here getting perma banned for the same reasons as now.

Anyways you saw my point, I won't discuss this further.

I have discussed him, I have debated him and I have said good and bad things about him.

Blokes a clown, he's got his trophy that he dedicated to the Napoli fans so he can fuck off for all I care.

12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He did this interview:

And also had a press conference, so he did a lot of media

That's fair enough, I didn't see this.

Ironically he's probably in the greatest position of strength any Chelsea manager has found themselves in under Abramovich.

I believe what is in the media, that Chelsea want Lampard to become manager but not yet. In their ideal world Sarri will probably take us through the next two years of his contract, continue to evolve and develop a style on the group of players and leave the club to Lampard in a better shape than what he found it in. But with Juventus seemingly sniffing around and Sarri possibly viewing that as a better opportunity than what he has here, it may be the board that need to do the convincing rather than him which is crazy to think 3 or 4 months ago.

I think as the season grew on, and we got ever closer to the EL final they were skeptical of pulling the trigger and I think rightly so. Sarri started to find the right balance, RLC was pulling up trees and CHO was actually starting to get opportunities in the side. I think the Juventus stuff is quite plausible in all honesty and the club, I think, the club will see it as to part company in the perfect way, both amicable and with him getting his first trophy. If Juventus stump up the compo/costs he will go and I don't think the club will stand his way.

I honestly think Lampard is coming.

I am clearly not a Sarri fan, but he deserves to stay. He did so many mistakes in his first season at Chelsea, but I can see that he wanted some change. He gave RLC a fair chance and later after he fucked up the CHO situation, he gave him his fair chance too. Sarri now knows that some of our youth has some potential. He started rotating more and more, which he should have also done at the beginning of the season, but at least he tried to change somethings. I don´t see also another coach that could replace him apart from Allegri, who is probably going Barcelona or someone else. Sarri now knows the club, knows what our youth is capable of and he started to know that some players like Emerson are better than Alonso, which took him a lot of time to realise. He realised it at least. Mou for instance did not know that Ivanovic was past his prime and he paid the price for it. Sarri tries and he should be given a full pre season.

I like Sarri to stay. He did well given the circumstances - lack of proper pre-season, toxic environment in the last half of the season, personal attacks, etc. Some keep harping about lack of rotation or being stubborn etc. Sorry, but some of the greatest achievements have been as a result of unswerving faith. Barcelona trains their players right from academy in every aspect so much so that it's instilled in the players as soon as they make their senior debut. What do we expect from Sarri? Only 2-3 weeks for what is a technically demanding system and we expect it to work? And if it does not work, throw the whole damn thing out and play long balls?? Actually, thinking about it now, Sarri probably over-achieved this season. The guy is classy - talks about the front of shirt being most important, the club being most important. And some have to complain about his Napoli comment. Give me a break - he just felt sorry that he could not won a trophy for the Napoli fans. Small minds.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm pleased with this season. More than anything, I feel happy for Sarri. If he's not treated properly by the board or fans, then he should go where he is wanted and respected. Life's too short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk