Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread


 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

Knowing how the media operate and the interview being conducted in his native Italy, I wouldn't be surprised if the quote has been wildly taken out of context (i.e. him making a passing comment about Napoli which is fair enough as it's a club that means a lot to him and helped put him on the map in terms of international recognition) or there is more to the interview but Sky Italy have gone with the bit that they want to go with.

He definitely should have done an interview for English media last night though or straight after the game. I know its clearly something he doesn't like but if he stays on here, he needs to build a better relationship with the media. It shouldn't work in that way, but it does and is half the reason why you hear no criticism of the likes of Poch and Klopp despite years without a trophy.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today has clearly showed the bar which Chelsea must work towards reaching. At this moment we are pretty far away but the overreaction today on this forum is incredible. Sarri has been at the club

I'm telling you now, to all the SarriOut supporters.... you don't know how lucky we are to have a humble manager like Sarri... a man with principle, passion, an expansive free flowing footballing phil

The decline in performances is a lot down to one thing, The lack of training pitch time. He is coming in, trying to teach the squad a totally different brand of football to what the players are a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jason said:

If he doesn't want to acknowledge us fans, that's fine. But dedicating the trophy to his previous club's fans is just taking the piss. 

Who cares we show to be a bunch of plastics by not supporting him. Has all the right. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nicco said:

He had made poor statements right before the match and the same shit each time I come here before a match, you guys never learn always the same shit and right after being proven wrong most of you pretend like Sarri didn't contribute to the result and give no credit whatsoever.

I saw people wanting Lampard but obviously the same people pretend like they never used the no trophies argument against Sarri and somehow is better because of just a few months of coaching  in the championship hilarious.

Even if Sarri had failed this season some of you must be in total denial to accept the state of our squad which is arguably 5th best squad right now in the PL. You pretend like we have a squad of 11 Messi and Sarri can't do shit with it.

The hell is wrong with you? Didn't I come out yesterday saying after winning the EL, I cannot argue if Sarri stays? He achieved the targets this season, I acknowledged that. Also, don't pretend that because we finished 3rd (just about) and winning the EL that Sarri should be immune to the criticism from his poor tactical decisions he has done this year.

Sarri did absolutely well last night silencing Lacazette and Auba, but again - doesn't mean we should now cover up the cracks on Sarri this season.

Just now, Antonio8 said:

the coach or the man? 

the coach yes, but he was insulted personally so many times

 

Have I ever insulted his smoking habits? I agree that the smoking thing is OTT, but I criticise on his tactics not his smoking, mental issues or whatever.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mana said:

The hell is wrong with you? Didn't I come out yesterday saying after winning the EL, I cannot argue if Sarri stays? He achieved the targets this season, I acknowledged that. Also, don't pretend that because we finished 3rd (just about) and winning the EL that Sarri should be immune to the criticism from his poor tactical decisions he has done this year.

Sarri did absolutely well last night silencing Lacazette and Auba, but again - doesn't mean we should now cover up the cracks on Sarri this season.

Have I ever insulted his smoking habits? I agree that the smoking thing is OTT, but I criticise on his tactics not his smoking, mental issues or whatever.

My post wasn't directly addressed to you but the majority who said this on a regular basis about Sarri.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mana said:

Have I ever insulted his smoking habits? I agree that the smoking thing is OTT, but I criticise on his tactics not his smoking, mental issues or whatever.

many fans did (and many so called journalists that is even worse) 

as I said, there are also fans who appreciate him, and he should thank them before leave (if he will leave) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Knowing how the media operate and the interview being conducted in his native Italy, I wouldn't be surprised if the quote has been wildly taken out of context (i.e. him making a passing comment about Napoli which is fair enough as it's a club that means a lot to him and helped put him on the map in terms of international recognition) or there is more to the interview but Sky Italy have gone with the bit that they want to go with.

He definitely should have done an interview for English media last night though or straight after the game. I know its clearly something he doesn't like but if he stays on here, he needs to build a better relationship with the media. It shouldn't work in that way, but it does and is half the reason why you hear no criticism of the likes of Poch and Klopp despite years without a trophy.

 

He did this interview:

And also had a press conference, so he did a lot of media

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nicco said:

What opinion, you've insulted him numerous times by simply giving a one catch phrase insult with nothing else to add in your posts. Shouldn't the forum be about discussing instead of mild bashing the coach? While lurking in the past I seem to remember a ton of old members here getting perma banned for the same reasons as now.

Anyways you saw my point, I won't discuss this further.

 

I have discussed him, I have debated him and I have said good and bad things about him.

Blokes a clown, he's got his trophy that he dedicated to the Napoli fans so he can fuck off for all I care.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he stays but he's no Antonio Conte. He lacks charisma. 

Then when the transfer ban is sorted we can look for a new coach to rebuild. Hopefully on a team that is decent with possession (and dangerous!) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He did this interview:

And also had a press conference, so he did a lot of media

 

 

That's fair enough, I didn't see this.

Ironically he's probably in the greatest position of strength any Chelsea manager has found themselves in under Abramovich.

I believe what is in the media, that Chelsea want Lampard to become manager but not yet. In their ideal world Sarri will probably take us through the next two years of his contract, continue to evolve and develop a style on the group of players and leave the club to Lampard in a better shape than what he found it in. But with Juventus seemingly sniffing around and Sarri possibly viewing that as a better opportunity than what he has here, it may be the board that need to do the convincing rather than him which is crazy to think 3 or 4 months ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as the season grew on, and we got ever closer to the EL final they were skeptical of pulling the trigger and I think rightly so. Sarri started to find the right balance, RLC was pulling up trees and CHO was actually starting to get opportunities in the side. I think the Juventus stuff is quite plausible in all honesty and the club, I think, the club will see it as to part company in the perfect way, both amicable and with him getting his first trophy. If Juventus stump up the compo/costs he will go and I don't think the club will stand his way.

I honestly think Lampard is coming.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am clearly not a Sarri fan, but he deserves to stay. He did so many mistakes in his first season at Chelsea, but I can see that he wanted some change. He gave RLC a fair chance and later after he fucked up the CHO situation, he gave him his fair chance too. Sarri now knows that some of our youth has some potential. He started rotating more and more, which he should have also done at the beginning of the season, but at least he tried to change somethings. I don´t see also another coach that could replace him apart from Allegri, who is probably going Barcelona or someone else. Sarri now knows the club, knows what our youth is capable of and he started to know that some players like Emerson are better than Alonso, which took him a lot of time to realise. He realised it at least. Mou for instance did not know that Ivanovic was past his prime and he paid the price for it. Sarri tries and he should be given a full pre season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Sarri to stay. He did well given the circumstances - lack of proper pre-season, toxic environment in the last half of the season, personal attacks, etc. Some keep harping about lack of rotation or being stubborn etc. Sorry, but some of the greatest achievements have been as a result of unswerving faith. Barcelona trains their players right from academy in every aspect so much so that it's instilled in the players as soon as they make their senior debut. What do we expect from Sarri? Only 2-3 weeks for what is a technically demanding system and we expect it to work? And if it does not work, throw the whole damn thing out and play long balls?? Actually, thinking about it now, Sarri probably over-achieved this season. The guy is classy - talks about the front of shirt being most important, the club being most important. And some have to complain about his Napoli comment. Give me a break - he just felt sorry that he could not won a trophy for the Napoli fans. Small minds.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm pleased with this season. More than anything, I feel happy for Sarri. If he's not treated properly by the board or fans, then he should go where he is wanted and respected. Life's too short.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's too disrespectful for him to thank the Napoli fans. If you look at his career, it was Napoli that took the real gamble on giving him a chance to coach a top quality side for the first time. It were the Napoli fans that loved him and stood by his side through thick and thin. Especially after the roller coaster last season and ended up with nothing. 

Also very ironic the only people that are upset about it, are the ones who have continuously slated Sarri time and time again since October. Couldn't make it up :doh:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I don't think it's too disrespectful for him to thank the Napoli fans. If you look at his career, it was Napoli that took the real gamble on giving him a chance to coach a top quality side for the first time. It were the Napoli fans that loved him and stood by his side through thick and thin. Especially after the roller coaster last season and ended up with nothing. 

Also very ironic the only people that are upset about it, are the ones who have continuously slated Sarri time and time again since October. Couldn't make it up :doh:

yeah but come'on man, he won it with Chels, with Chels sweat and tears not Napolis. He should have mentioned us at the least. Whatever, it is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strike said:

First permanent Chelsea manager to win a European trophy. :cig:

In the Abramovich era. 

Sexton and Vialli were both permanent managers when they won the Cup Winners Cup.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

FB_IMG_1559214785523.jpg

now we know what happens at HT and why the players capitulated in the 2nd half a lot this season, but i got to give it to the man, he made the players smoke some top quality stuff in Baku at HT. Cheers:cig:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...