Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

3 hours ago, Mana said:

That shows how lucky we are to get 3rd place. 3rd place certainly isn’t due to Sarri’s hard work. 

It's due to utd spurs arsenal being shit the last two months 😂😂 if somebody said to me after the city hammering that we would get third place I would have laughed in their face 

12 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This logic doesn't work though. We have been robbed of games too, penalty and goal against Saints at home, Leicester at home, west ham away, burnley at home, today against Leicester, Bournemouth and Everton away if we score in the 1sf half both games finish differently we played some of our best stuff those games. We have also hit the wood work 24 times. Don't get me wrong we have been bad but so have Arsenal and Spurs too, the league position doesn't lie imo. We are slightly above Spurs and Arsenal but have a huge gap between us and Liverpool and city

Sorry but our third place is so decieving its unreal. I get what you mean and I can agree to a certan extent. But we are third cuz the bottlers around us choked in the last min. The stats tell all the truth in this regard. And we always get the shaft in games, its nothing new mate.

12 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This logic doesn't work though. We have been robbed of games too, penalty and goal against Saints at home, Leicester at home, west ham away, burnley at home, today against Leicester, Bournemouth and Everton away if we score in the 1sf half both games finish differently we played some of our best stuff those games. We have also hit the wood work 24 times. Don't get me wrong we have been bad but so have Arsenal and Spurs too, the league position doesn't lie imo. We are slightly above Spurs and Arsenal but have a huge gap between us and Liverpool and city

I've never seen a post so full of what ifs. That has to be the most meaningless stat of all time we hit the woodwork 24 times whoopie shit.

CIES Football Observatory

n°262 - 13/05/2019

Performance

Production champions: Napoli, Olympiacos, Leeds, and who else?

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/262/en/

Issue number 262 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the three best and worst teams per league in terms of points that they should have achieved according to their pitch production. Virtual points were projected according to a statistical model including shots taken and conceded (both on target and from the box), as well as the percentage of ball possession.

With respect to the indicators selected, Napoli and Atalanta should have achieved more points than the Italian Serie A champions Juventus. However, Massimiliano Allegri’s players were much more efficient. In the Greek top division, both Olympiacos and AEK Athens had a greater pitch production than champions PAOK. Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United tops the production rankings in the English Championship.

According to pitch production, Lucien Favre’s Borussia Dortmund should only have ranked fourth in the German Bundesliga behind Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen. The Ruhr team was thus particularly efficient. In Turkey, İstanbul Başakşehir virtually outranks Beşiktaş and Galatasaray. More data is available in the CIES Football Observatory Performance Atlas powered by InStat data.

wp262360x240.jpg?crc=3844536125

Virtual number of points per match according to pitch production

Season 2018/19, domestic league matches until 07/05/2019

wp262a.svg?crc=4080619050

wp262b.svg?crc=4076839435

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

No wins away to a top 10 team is very poor. 

Our record against the bottom half of the table is almost perfect though, which always seemed to be our achilles heel in previous years 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Meaningless all this talk that we got lucky. 

We had a target and it was achieved. 

Job well done regardless of how we got it

Yeah job well done but it tells not the story we all witnessed. Its like im at an exam, I have only prepared 1 certain subject well knowing I could easily draw a subject I havent prepared for. Its not sustainable and a high chance I will get fucked.We are all super content we got third, but anything else has been a horror show. The man has zero game management.

In fact, 72 points would have you fifth both last season and the one before that.

It's a bit interesting that Conte's last league campaign was considered horrific by most and yet we scored as many goals, conceded less and got almost as many points (2 less) than we did this season.

I'll ask this question to the pro-Sarri camp:

Is that record versus top 10 worthy of Chelsea? Not a single win away from home against them - three points in nine games.
Four wins at home against the top 10 which gives us a record of 4 wins out of 18 games against them.

It's absymal if you ask me

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sarri is shit and needs to go. He is not good enough and never will be. He is completely out of his depth as is Marina, the rest of her muppets and half of the squad. Sarri is only the peak of the iceberg. His appointment is the result of poor of a multi-year streak of business and football decisions. As is the amount of power that has been amassed by certain directors in the club that has also seen a plethora of average players signed and stay here for good. 

Unbelievable isnt it......its a shitshow my man. Horrible board members, a clueless model at the helm, RA seemingly gives no fuck any more ( he always took the bull by the horns but no more ), A squad that is badly assembled, players either average or old getting bonus contracts, a manager that simply does not get Chelsea, a ban looming thanks to the idiots at helm.....you remove CL and we have nothing. Ohh and our best player leaving, our second best player in Kante have become not even a shadow of his former self. Whats not to like.