Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Followers 7

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Thing is, if we're able to sign players this summer there's a chance we can take a massive leap in quality. Just 3 signings in a few key areas and we're a different animal. That's what I'm holding out hope for.

If his rumored move to Real Madrid isn't done yet, we should be going all out trying to make Luka Jovic our next #9. That would immedietly elevate us a level. Add a new top class wide player and top class fullback and we can compete with City and Liverpool. 

Worst case scenario without the transfers. 

Kennedy, Reece, Mount, Tammy, Pulisic coming in for Alonso, Azpi, Kovacic, Higuain and Hazard should be able to slightly improve our overall play if not the results. Only hope that Sarri is bold enough to make wholesale changes

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today has clearly showed the bar which Chelsea must work towards reaching. At this moment we are pretty far away but the overreaction today on this forum is incredible. Sarri has been at the club

The decline in performances is a lot down to one thing, The lack of training pitch time. He is coming in, trying to teach the squad a totally different brand of football to what the players are a

I'm telling you now, to all the SarriOut supporters.... you don't know how lucky we are to have a humble manager like Sarri... a man with principle, passion, an expansive free flowing footballing phil

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

BUT we are likely going to buy Kovacic and Higuain if Sarri will have a word.

In that case we are fucked. Simply as. Im all for optimism, but in that case we are definately fucked.

If we renew Higs loan (for TWENTY-NINE MILLION QUID IN FEES AND SALARY I might add), I predict Sarri will be sacked before xmas.

Thank fuck we cannot buy Kovacic. Also, if Alonso is played regularly, you can move the Sacking of Sarri up even sooner.

If those 3 formed a jazz band, it would be called the Tits On A Bull Trio, as that is what they are as useful as.

I NEVER want to see any if them on the pitch for us again. They can go play for newly relegated Ipswich Town in League Two.

Zappacosta looked like Cafu compared to Alonso and a club-footed dwarf would have scored that sitter Higs missed. As for Kovacic, he is the electric car of MFers, as he leaves zero trace he was even on the pitch.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Being 3rd means fuck all. Its one of the most deceiving things you can point out in a very long time.

We are 3rd ONLY because other teams were so shit in the final run. With out form, we should be 6th. Thats our reality.

In the last 15! matches that United, Spuds and Arse have played, there were only 2 wins. 2 bloody wins, coupled with 4 draws and bunch of loses. 

Its a fucking miracle that we ended 3rd. 

Dont get me wrong, I love that we somehow ended up there and with CL, but this is papering over cracks. 

Anyone who is going to say "oh but Sarri brought us to 3rd, thats amazing didnt see more than 3 games of Chelsea this season. Because you would then know that we didnt earn this place, neither was Sarri deserving for it. Our rivals were plain and simple even shittier than us. 

Maybe Sarri will make us a better team next season, maybe. But for this season, I cant give him nor this team any real credit for ending in 3rd because thats one big luck.

Then we have Hazard situation. The way he said it, he wants to leave, everything is left for board to agree with Real on fee and that must be respected as Sarri said too.

Now if we ended up with Jovic, Pepe and Chilwell this summer, we would have team for next era, quite promising one too.

BUT we are likely going to buy Kovacic and Higuain if Sarri will have a word.

In that case we are fucked. Simply as. Im all for optimism, but in that case we are definately fucked.

I have to say mate, think you are spot on with this one. I keep telling myself that this ban will be frozen and Roman is going all guns blazing in the transger market but something tells me that it just isn't going to happen like that. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Mana said:

1 win, 1 loss and 3 draws in our last 5 PL games for Chelsea.

And within that period, we actually climbed from 5th to 3rd.

That shows how lucky we are to get 3rd place. 3rd place certainly isn’t due to Sarri’s hard work. 

I don't know what to make off sarri at the moment

We have definitely improved in some aspects, playing out of the back, pressing (in parts), youth integration (CHo, RLC)

If you had told me that we finish this season with 72 points, a league cup final and a eyropa league final, I would have said, meh, but sounds good.

Now coming to cons:

1. we started well, and then went backwards. Teams adapted to play against us, and we crumbled.

2. Transfer. Sarri has bought 3 players in so far - each of them was at best average (jorgingo), poor (kovacic) to downright shit (tubby).

3. Stubborn as fuck. It was the fact that Southgate gave CHO his debut, along with media pressure and fan wrath which made sarri bend. If not for it, he would have continued with Pedro/willian.

4. Unable to motivate the players.

I would honestly we rather suffer our ban this year, see how sarri does (because he anyways thinks we are ready and just need 1/2 buys), rather than actually buying tubby and kova this summer and getting screwed for the next 2 years. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mana said:

1 win, 1 loss and 3 draws in our last 5 PL games for Chelsea.

And within that period, we actually climbed from 5th to 3rd.

That shows how lucky we are to get 3rd place. 3rd place certainly isn’t due to Sarri’s hard work. 

That's true. even if we take that 1 draw out bc CL football was also secured, it is still a poor record. Just ending up in the top 4 is not an argument Sarri should take into field to justify hims taying. He has to win EL to make this season kina a success and remain coach. Even though IMO, even if he beats Arsenal 10-0 he is a failrue and should be sacked.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mana said:

It's due to utd spurs arsenal being shit the last two months 😂😂 if somebody said to me after the city hammering that we would get third place I would have laughed in their face 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This logic doesn't work though. We have been robbed of games too, penalty and goal against Saints at home, Leicester at home, west ham away, burnley at home, today against Leicester, Bournemouth and Everton away if we score in the 1sf half both games finish differently we played some of our best stuff those games. We have also hit the wood work 24 times. Don't get me wrong we have been bad but so have Arsenal and Spurs too, the league position doesn't lie imo. We are slightly above Spurs and Arsenal but have a huge gap between us and Liverpool and city

Sorry but our third place is so decieving its unreal. I get what you mean and I can agree to a certan extent. But we are third cuz the bottlers around us choked in the last min. The stats tell all the truth in this regard. And we always get the shaft in games, its nothing new mate.

12 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This logic doesn't work though. We have been robbed of games too, penalty and goal against Saints at home, Leicester at home, west ham away, burnley at home, today against Leicester, Bournemouth and Everton away if we score in the 1sf half both games finish differently we played some of our best stuff those games. We have also hit the wood work 24 times. Don't get me wrong we have been bad but so have Arsenal and Spurs too, the league position doesn't lie imo. We are slightly above Spurs and Arsenal but have a huge gap between us and Liverpool and city

I've never seen a post so full of what ifs. That has to be the most meaningless stat of all time we hit the woodwork 24 times whoopie shit.

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That has to be the most meaningless stat of all time we hit the woodwork 24 times whoopie shit.

I agree you don't win cups hitting the woodwork 

• Like 1

CIES Football Observatory

n°262 - 13/05/2019

Performance

Production champions: Napoli, Olympiacos, Leeds, and who else?

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/262/en/

Issue number 262 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the three best and worst teams per league in terms of points that they should have achieved according to their pitch production. Virtual points were projected according to a statistical model including shots taken and conceded (both on target and from the box), as well as the percentage of ball possession.

With respect to the indicators selected, Napoli and Atalanta should have achieved more points than the Italian Serie A champions Juventus. However, Massimiliano Allegri’s players were much more efficient. In the Greek top division, both Olympiacos and AEK Athens had a greater pitch production than champions PAOK. Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United tops the production rankings in the English Championship.

According to pitch production, Lucien Favre’s Borussia Dortmund should only have ranked fourth in the German Bundesliga behind Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen. The Ruhr team was thus particularly efficient. In Turkey, İstanbul Başakşehir virtually outranks Beşiktaş and Galatasaray. More data is available in the CIES Football Observatory Performance Atlas powered by InStat data.

wp262360x240.jpg?crc=3844536125

Virtual number of points per match according to pitch production

Season 2018/19, domestic league matches until 07/05/2019

wp262a.svg?crc=4080619050

wp262b.svg?crc=4076839435

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Horrific, really. A match winning, world class striker would've helped so much this season.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

No wins away to a top 10 team is very poor. 

Our record against the bottom half of the table is almost perfect though, which always seemed to be our achilles heel in previous years 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

+ Only 3 away goals vs Top 10 - one due to keeper blunder and another due to deflection. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Meaningless all this talk that we got lucky. 

We had a target and it was achieved. 

Job well done regardless of how we got it

Yeah job well done but it tells not the story we all witnessed. Its like im at an exam, I have only prepared 1 certain subject well knowing I could easily draw a subject I havent prepared for. Its not sustainable and a high chance I will get fucked.We are all super content we got third, but anything else has been a horror show. The man has zero game management.

• Like 2