Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE FUCKING COME TO... :middlefinger:

He also said... In my opinion we are going in the right way. We are improving. 

Though guess going by some other results it's a improvement... Somehow... Clutching at straws lol. Did expect maybe 3- 0 so better! 

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There's many things to criticise Sarri but playing a false 9 isn't one of them. 

Playing Eden there certainly is.

Hazard is our best player and when he shifted him to false 9, he essentialy said to pool we have limited our best player ourselves, so you can attack us even more. 

Thats literaly what Mourinho would do. Sacrifice players to defend. 

And then he still keeps Jorginho in that holding mid role. Is he this big of an idiot? Play bunker and invite all pressure from pool and still play Jorginho there? Same guy who is about as useful in such system ad Henderson and doesnt have any pace nor strength to defend? In this first half setup, we might aswell hoof the ball because apart from front 3, no one moved forward. 

We have already beaten this same side with fair contest. In football, brave and bold are rewarded. If we had Conte, no one would blame him for parking the bus. But after season of training under Sarriball, two games against pool where we played equal to them and thats the best tactic he pulls off?

Obviously everyone knows if you park the bus, you will concede against this pool side because they play dynamic football. Even more if your manager is Sarri and he plays Jorginho in holding role. Basicaly Sarri just went for lesser evil and parked the bus to avoid humiliation. 

Because at this point he knows he was read by about every team in pl and this is his response, to defend as long as he can. 

If he was bold, he would inspire the team to take Pool to the cleaners and win. Its 11 vs 11 and our team is wastly more experienced to match their quality. 

There were too many times this season when opponent was lucky and we were unlucky, thats no longer an excuse. We play like little insecure kids, no wonder nothing goes in, we panic in defence and cant create for shit. And Sarri is definately responsible for motivation. 

One thing is to say pool is the better team, but we come there to win vs saying they are better and we cant match them. Because that shit is literaly an excuse from Sarri after every defeat. No wonder it gets into players heads.

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

The plastics will return as soon as we win the league again though.

Also, I’m sure many of us know we are not going to be title contenders for a while. But get at least top 4. We need that top 4. Another season in the EL will make the club less and less attractive to go to when we need players.

Liverpool, United, Arsenal can still be attractive even years out of the CL because of their well known history. We don’t have that (yet anyway).

Unfortunately looks more and more unlikely we'll get top 4. Gotta rely on others to drop points now... Arsenal have 6 to play.. Spurs and Man U 5 and us 4. Then again Man U have City to play and us.. Spurs have City and we have Man U but haven't beaten a top side away... Yipeee... 

Maybe Watford will help us.. Then again should be capable of getting our own points. We were so ahead at one stage then bammmm loss loss draw

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I’m struggling to find out why you’re not even slightly bothered with this loss today.

By playing Hazard as false 9, you are giving the opposition a great advantage. The world knows bar Sarri that Hazard is near useless in that position. So we were playing with 10 men until when we were 2-0 down.

The only positive is that CHO, RLC and Emerson were out there today. This is probably why I’m not fuming like I usually am.

The false 9 was the best solution for us. Our strikers are absolute shit. I don't understand how anyone can blame Sarri for today's game showed exactly the difference in quality of the 2 teams.

The only thing he could've changed is let Hazard play on the wing with Willian and put Pedro as the false 9 yet again I don't think he tried this yet and knew Hazard as a false 9 was succesfull before.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

How the mighty have fallen. 

Doesn't mean it will always be like this. Maybe 5 years from now Liverpool are shit again and we're at the top. For now, we just gotta suck it up and continue to improve.

I liked the starting XI and the general approach to this match. In my opinion it is was only approach worth taking considering how far Liverpool are in their project cycle, how dangerous they are in attack and how solid they are in defence.

It wasn't the best performance for sure, quite far from it. I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of Jorginho at this forum but I though he was poor today. Azpilicueta kept showing why is either past it, fatigued or simply not good enough for this type of football at all. Higuain showed why Sarri decided to go with false 9 in the first place – the man looked out of shape and out of place on the pitch. Still we got few chances and in some other game we would have buried those. Either way, Liverpool created more chances and they deserved to win. Clearly the better team at the moment and there's no shame in admitting it. There's plenty of good things, however, to take onboard from this weekend. No less that three academy players featured today. Mason Mount scored a hattrick on Friday. Reece James keeps on impressing at Wigan. Better times are ahead and the future doesn't look that bad at all.