Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

20 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

IMG_2947.PNG

😅

I must surely have watched a different game. I thought we were very good. Could easily easily have been 2-2

We got beaten by 2 great goals. We defended really well. And created some good chances. 

I have had a lot of issues with sarri but calling him a fraud for today's performance seems downright stupid.

5 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

😅

I must surely have watched a different game. I thought we were very good. Could easily easily have been 2-2

We got beaten by 2 great goals. We defended really well. And created some good chances. 

I have had a lot of issues with sarri but calling him a fraud for today's performance seems downright stupid.

not for today's game but the season in general, im not the only one here who thinks like this.

6 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

😅

Spot on. 

A false 9 beat City and took them to penalties. We tried to play attacking against City, and were bashed 6-0.  Liverpool, much like City, provide the same pressure and attacking threat. 

Based on prior matches and analysis, this was the best possible approach. Hazard puts those chances away, we could of came out with a draw.  I'm actually enjoying reading comments of these so called 'know it all's' that are laughably using hindsight to their advantage and claim we should of started with a striker. Pretending we wouldn't leave so many gaps in midfield and defence just as we did against City that beat us 6-0. 

Truth is, we lost to a better team. A team that is a level above. Emerson more than anyone, let us down. Which yet again shows the players are the biggest issue. 

I just don't get the game plan. It was Everton again. Solid first half and then boom. What did he say at half time?! 

We had 38% of the ball so this whole attack thing.. Even when we have lots we still fail.  Sure he's a lovely guy and had fun but I don't see us going anywhere more. Especially with a ban in place. Need someone who can get the best out of this lot and unfortunately he isn't it. 

Winning 3 against top 6 and none away is a worry

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Spot on. 

A false 9 beat City and took them to penalties. We tried to play attacking against City, and were bashed 6-0.  Liverpool, much like City, provide the same pressure and attacking threat. 

Based on prior matches and analysis, this was the best possible approach. Hazard puts those chances away, we could of came out with a draw.  I'm actually enjoying reading comments of these so called 'know it all's' that are laughably using hindsight to their advantage and claim we should of started with a striker. Pretending we wouldn't leave so many gaps in midfield and defence just as we did against City that beat us 6-0. 

Truth is, we lost to a better team. A team that is a level above. Emerson more than anyone, let us down. Which yet again shows the players are the biggest issue. 

Sarri apologist spotted, keep it up

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

not for today's game but the season in general, im not the only one here who thinks like this.

Fair enough if that is the case. I myself have used that term for sarri. But truth be told, he seems to have turned a corner. It was a good performance (at least for me), we showed fight and the right response after going down. You can ask why it took 2 goals for us to show that, but I feel it would be unfair since they were 2 minutes and just such a worldie. 

Sarri has shown adaptation, he has shown change. He gave pool the respect they deserved today. He has shown faith in kids even for such a big game. We do look dangerous in bits and pieces. Just need a good window and some good players. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I'll just leave this here...

Its pretty shit. What's also shit is that time man u were behind us and then 8 games later they suddely weren't. We can't beat top sides away.. Only beat a few at home and we can't win from losing. Just gone wrong 

1 minute ago, bakayokofan said:

Fair enough if that is the case. I myself have used that term for sarri. But truth be told, he seems to have turned a corner. It was a good performance (at least for me), we showed fight and the right response after going down. You can ask why it took 2 goals for us to show that, but I feel it would be unfair since they were 2 minutes and just such a worldie. 

Sarri has shown adaptation, he has shown change. He gave pool the respect they deserved today. He has shown faith in kids even for such a big game. We do look dangerous in bits and pieces. Just need a good window and some good players. 

lets see what happens in transfer window if the ban is upheld, lately the transfer dealings have been poor to say the least

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There's many things to criticise Sarri but playing a false 9 isn't one of them. 

This.

We can bash sarri for actually "wanting" higuain. That was such a howler. Specially since the board (for ince) are giving the manager what he wants (jorginho and higuain).

But faulting him for today just seems so OTT and to be honest, so spoilt.

I would rather look at the positives, and truth be spoken, I am seeing some really good signs.

2 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

This.

We can bash sarri for actually "wanting" higuain. That was such a howler. Specially since the board (for ince) are giving the manager what he wants (jorginho and higuain).

But faulting him for today just seems so OTT and to be honest, so spoilt.

I would rather look at the positives, and truth be spoken, I am seeing some really good signs.

Our defence is weak, and our midfield doesn't offer them protection with the space they leave. They get massively exposed against teams that have the attacking threat of City and Liverpool.  The false 9 allows Willian and Hazard to congest some of the midfield. It's worked twice against City. 

It's a bit naive to think we could of given Liverpool a game had we started a ST and not expect our defence to be weak and our midfield to leave gaps. Come on. :lol:

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

I do think long term though, if we keep Sarri we keep higuain and kovacic witch is madness to me as neither will improve the team.

Don't think our board will invest in them. (thankfully)

Their thick, but they aren't that thick.