Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

4 hours ago, Mana said:

Emery rarely got any praise. Radio and TV pundits kept on slating the man. But yesterday, he finally got the deserved praise.

Ole deserves the praise. United were 11 points behind us, now ahead of us. United shouldn't be here at all.

I'll give you Poch though.

Utd should be better with their squad, they just downed tools under the Once Special One.

It seems for a long time we've been approaching a huge crossroads where we could not carry on playing in the defensive manner we have in the last five seasons with so much reliance on individuals of the class of Fabregas, Hazard & Costa to provide and score goals.It was obvious to me that the previous level of financial resources are not available and therefore we will not compete for the best players. In order to at least maintain a position in the top six we have to change the style of play to try and keep the ball as our rivals now have the better impact players who only need one chance or one mistake by the opposition.

Personally I think he’s on the right track, we are certainly no worse than last season and will probably end up with more points. The problem has been the intensity levels but I think that is a player issue as opposed to a Sarri issue.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

. The problem has been the intensity levels but I think that is a player issue as opposed to a Sarri issue.

He doesn't help himself. Which is why at this point I am on the fence with him. I see how he wants us to play and I can see that with an injection in quality, we'd be way better. 

But his treatment of RLC, CHO, and Emerson leaves me banging my head against the wall. He complains about poor player performances when we have three superior players constantly on the bench. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

He doesn't help himself. Which is why at this point I am on the fence with him. I see how he wants us to play and I can see that with an injection in quality, we'd be way better. 

...and the fact he's won fuck all, which is a bit of a worry at 60

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

...and the fact he's won fuck all, which is a bit of a worry at 60

He was one penalty away from winning his first trophy and looks to be on course making another final in the same season. Conte also had a horrid record in cup competitions and that changed. 

So long you have winners in the squad, it shouldn't be an issue. 

17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He was one penalty away from winning his first trophy and looks to be on course making another final in the same season. Conte also had a horrid record in cup competitions and that changed. 

So long you have winners in the squad, it shouldn't be an issue. 

Lets hope he doesnt have a heart attack if he wins something

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

You or I could give a good anti-Sariball quote. Don't know if you were a Chelsea fan under Blanchflower ? Think you are too young :P but he was shite. (RIP) . We won 3 out of 15 games. :D

he managed us 13 years before I was born, so nope, other than old videos I would have no idea, although my father said he was a shit manager, so there's that, lolol:cig:

3 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

his teams have identity, are well organized and play very offensive football. most of the players he trained in the past reached their pick under him. 

we are 6th. last year were 5th. it's the actual dimension of the club

despite that it's only 1-2 points from the 4th place so I prefer to judge at the end of the season 

Identity? Hahaha

Well organized ? Hahahahahahahahah

Very offensive? Do you mean boring, pedantic football with no output?

We were 1st before that. Don't you dare forget that too. That's the difference that an actual world class manager can make. Not make a good team look like a mid table club

Let's not use 2017 title win as a reference. We benefited massively not being in Europe and City+Liverpool weren't anything close to the animals they are now. 

Conte is better tactically however. You put Conte, Sarri, and even Guardiola to manage Burnley, no question Conte would do better than those two. 

29 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Identity? Hahaha

Well organized ? Hahahahahahahahah

Very offensive? Do you mean boring, pedantic football with no output?

We were 1st before that. Don't you dare forget that too. That's the difference that an actual world class manager can make. Not make a good team look like a mid table club

I talk about the teams he trained in the past, and if you don't know anything about italian serie A maybe you should not laugh 

1st before that. and 10th before that

Not being in Europe helped. But let's be realistic. If Eden, Kante, luiz, Rudi, azpi, kepa, jorginho did not play a single minute of Europa so far, would not we be in the same exact position we are in Europa? With all due respect to the teams we have faced so far, our squad players and even the fringe youngsters like ampadu should have been more than good enough till this point.

Fair point about pool and city, but don't think they will be setting up any points tally records this season

we are kinda run like an Italian club..coach picks the team others pick the players to buy,club loans the shit out of anyone under 26..still classed as a young player with no need to replace them until they are around the 33 year old range.

can see why the club is attracted to Italian coaches but it`s not good to utilize the great young talent we have on our books. the club doesn`t help with them having the history they do of being ruthless and sacking 1 bad season removed from a league title and such but really I`m not sure even if they were told don`t worry about winning major trophies every year,build something for the future that they would really give under 25`s a fair run of games.

I`m not expecting it but I think we could do with throwing out the must have an impressive CV to be a candidate (I know it could be argued we did with hiring Sarri) and think outside the box,try and avoid coaches that have won with one formula.those often can have a better looking CV but look at what Low did with Germany,Southgate has done with England,Zidane with Real,OGS with Man U none of those would have had the best CV of those available.they have replaced coaches with better CV`s but had better results, they can come in and simplify things,some coaches can over complicate things,make teams rigid,force them to try and play a different way.

8 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

I talk about the teams he trained in the past, and if you don't know anything about italian serie A maybe you should not laugh 

1st before that. and 10th before that

Italian league. The same league where Alonso and Zappa were considered good players? The same league where higuain had 23 goals last season? 

If you have not checked this is not exactly serie a where you have the title decided before the season begins and the lower clubs are hardly championship level. Sarri's system has been shown to be mega flawed by the likes of wolves and totally ripped apart by others. 

1st before that too. 2 league titles in the last 4 seasons. Hmmm. Not bad for a "mid table" club that sarri inherited.

36 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Italian league. The same league where Alonso and Zappa were considered good players? The same league where higuain had 23 goals last season? 

If you have not checked this is not exactly serie a where you have the title decided before the season begins and the lower clubs are hardly championship level. Sarri's system has been shown to be mega flawed by the likes of wolves and totally ripped apart by others. 

1st before that too. 2 league titles in the last 4 seasons. Hmmm. Not bad for a "mid table" club that sarri inherited.

except last year, thanks to sarri's napoli (look how many points has ancelotti's one)

I said that actual chelsea dimension is between 3rd and 6th place, not a mid table club

and the table suggests that, as there are 4 teams in 3 points and chelsea has the possibility to reach the top 4 

3 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

except last year, thanks to sarri's napoli (look how many points has ancelotti's one)

I said that actual chelsea dimension is between 3rd and 6th place, not a mid table club

and the table suggests that, as there are 4 teams in 3 points and chelsea has the possibility to reach the top 4 

Did not Monaco win the league once? I guess they are the best team ever with the best manager ever?

A manager who has never won and never will win anything is now regarded as a world class or a top tier manager. How far the mighty have fallen.

We all know that the fight was for top 4, and looking we are losing. Badly. Does arsenal have a better squad than us? Hell no, they are comfortable in 3rd. With the easiest run in. We might be just 2 points off top4, but have to play away to pool, ubited and Leicester. We are not getting a single point out of these, and our goal difference is going to take an even further beating. 

Also, stop repeating the "we are 2 points off", at one point we were 6 points ahead of arsenal who are now 2 points ahead of us. That's an 8 point shift. Understand that? While they are going in the right direction, we are falling in the wrong one, and that is the contention here. What are the positives from this season? Did any of our youngsters have a break through season? Are we improving? Are we playing good football? Are we selevting players based on merit? Answer to all of these questions is a sound and resounding NO.

Sarri is clearly out of his depth. He is made for those mickey mouse league and clubs where mediocrity in results is accepted. Nit here. At least not yet.

3 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

I hate Alonso as well but he was voted in EPL team of the season never  in Seria A.