Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

I wanted this to work because of his methods at Napoli and the atmosphere he created around that club, but I must give up on him now unfortunately. Week after week after week after week I hoped he'd at least change some things, show a bit of flexibility, bench the underperforming players... 

What is the point of Marcos Alonso not only for Chelsea, but for this sport really?  Same goes for Willian, Kovacic, the two stupid centre backs (by the way Rudiger is one of the dumbest footballers in Europe imo). Why the man for man subs when we're trailing the game? Where the fuck is Hudson Odoi??? One of world's top prospects behind Willian and Pedro in the pecking order for Christ's sake!!!!! Any other club with the same set of wingers as ours (similar to Willian and Pedro) and Callum would already be a definite starter. 

The way I see it and it is my view only, I don't think we'll get Champions League next season, nor decent transfers. I'd rather we give the job to Super Frank if you ask me at least he'd bring some of the Chelsea spirit back and work with the youth. This lot does not have any fight in them, today's game at Cardiff was a disgrace and really I feel sorry for them they gor robbed big time. 

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I wanted this to work because of his methods at Napoli and the atmosphere he created around that club, but I must give up on him now unfortunately. Week after week after week after week I hoped he'd at least change some things, show a bit of flexibility, bench the underperforming players... 

What is the point of Marcos Alonso not only for Chelsea, but for this sport really?  Same goes for Willian, Kovacic, the two stupid centre backs (by the way Rudiger is one of the dumbest footballers in Europe imo). Why the man for man subs when we're trailing the game? Where the fuck is Hudson Odoi??? One of world's top prospects behind Willian and Pedro in the pecking order for Christ's sake!!!!! Any other club with the same set of wingers as ours (similar to Willian and Pedro) and Callum would already be a definite starter. 

The way I see it and it is my view only, I don't think we'll get Champions League next season, nor decent transfer. I'd rather we give the job to Super Frank if you ask me at least he'd bring some of the Chelsea spirit back and work with the youth. This lot does not have any fight in them, today's game at Cardiff was a disgrace and really I feel sorry for them they gor robbed big time. 

I don't want Frank. 

I wants us to go for Pochetino. 

Frank is not ready for Chelsea. 

Sarri or no Sarri. What we saw that first half is life after Hazard and with a transfer ban. Pretty fucking grim.

Sure adding RLC and CHO will add a bit more bite in the third, but with the same dire fullbacks, no true leader in the team, no end product from the midfield and no urgency from our forwards, we are a poor side. 

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't want Frank. 

I wants us to go for Pochetino. 

Frank is not ready for Chelsea. 

Poch isn't going anywhere. He's tied down until 2023 and no way will Levy lets him leave to us. 

Those that are screaming for a manager to come in and play the youth, need to understand the time and patience that comes with it. And the fact we knew Sarri coming in, he would need time and the club would need time to transition, and we already have fans calling for his head 7 months in?

So you aren't willing to give a manager time to change the philosophy of the club, but are willing to give a manger time to play youth? A more time consuming risk than the former?

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bar the youth, you've described Sarri in a nutshell. 

And Poch likes developing youth, but at what cost? Time and Patience. Something obviously the majority of Chelsea fans don't have. 

Alli and Kane performed right away because they were good enough. Alli had maybe a very short period of time where he did not perform, but players like Willian don´t perform for years and coacehs have time and patience for them. I would rather have patience for CHO rather than fucking Willian or Alonso

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Alli and Kane performed right away because they were good enough. Alli had maybe a very short period of time where he did not perform, but players like Willian don´t perform for years and coacehs have time and patience for them. I would rather have patience for CHO rather than fucking Willian or Alonso

I would too. RLC for Barkley as well. 

What I wouldn't do is put in Ampadu for Jorginho. James for Azpilicueta. DaSilva for Alonso. Mount for Kovacic. Abraham for Higuain. All this was mentioned from other members which is just asinine. Let's replace our XI with championship players and all of a sudden start pretending we will give that manager time. 

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Wilian was a good bench player and tertiary starter, but never a talent to try and ram down as a go-to starter unless you had a superb rest of the team

his best year was when we finished 10th, he stood out because the rest were shit

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

I would too. RLC for Kovacic as well. 

What I wouldn't do is put in Ampadu for Jorginho. James for Azpilicueta. DaSilva for Alonso. Mount for Kovacic. Abraham for Higuain. All this was mentioned from other members which is just asinine. Let's replace our bench options with championship players. 

Ampadu is not good enough for the the Sarri Jorginho role. James could really compete with Azpi because he can cross the ball, can dribble really good, is physically very strong and has quite a good positioning as a young age. He also was captain for our youth and seems to be a real leader. He offers a complete different set of attributes than Azpilicueta. Azpi does not offer anything extraordinary as a right back. He does not even defend that well like he used to. I think he could become great again as a CB, but as a right back, he is not a top player anymore.

Mount is not good enough, but offers a bigger threat than Barkley, but I prefer RLC because Mount is physically not good enough. He needs more time.

Abraham seems quite the deal. I would suggest that he should be our second striker. He offers something complete different than Higuain and Giroud and has a striker instict. What he also has is confindence, which our strikers do not have. Costa was our last confident striker. I would give Abraham a fair chance also.

43 minutes ago, Fernando said:

see if we can get Pochetino. 

Pochettino would NEVER come here in a million years

they open up their new stadium this week and Levy will finally drop coin this summer for reinforcements

plus he likes job security

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Conte was the real deal and it's what we needed. 

But the club have no ambition. Conte wanted top targets and the club gets them David Luiz and Alonso. 

He did a great job with a not so good squad. 

That being said, it's already too late to sack Sarri. Does not make any sense right now. Just wait for the summer and see if we can get Pochetino. 

For 18 months i agree, but the league form of the last 6 was catastrophic and a large part down to his attitude.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:27 PM, Fernando said:

Give it some time, this is good. 

We needs this, continuity. 

I do expect next season to improve. 

You are absolutely spot on but I dont remember a manager so clueless as Sarri is. Why didnt we pull that shit with Conte then? Because he actualy had balls to stand up for his demands?

Sarri is throwing same shit players on the pitch over and over and over. At this point I dont even care about results anymore. When I see his lineup with Alonso Im already pissed. As is the 90% of Chelsea fans. Some will always say manager is always right. If manager plays Iva, so be it they know what they are doing and we are just stupid fans to say otherwise. But it was obvious Iva was done long before, the managers were wrong. Same is going on with Alonso and I dont believe Sarri knows better than me or any other fan to play him over Emerson. He is just stubborn and plays someone absolutely shite.

ANY decent manager would play CHO by now. I cant imagine a club with such ineffective options and still not play young hotshot like CHO. But Sarri keeps on benching him and even downplays him every time he gets the chance. OR chats about one thing and then does something else, like saying CHO is equal to other wingers we have but everyone knows Sarri was full of bs about that and lack of starts prove it.

Lastly his comments ala '' I dont care what fans think''. Ok, sure the boos must not get into your head, thats for sure. But to say something like that in interviews? Chelsea manager who doesnt give a shit what Chelsea fans think?

He can fuck off for those comments alone. If the board is seriously thinking of giving him some sort of long term chance, then the first step is to get along with Chelsea club, fans and players. And this old fucker says he doesnt even give a shite.

If we were in 2005, we would throw this old fart out of the club 5minutes after he says shit like that about the club or the fans.

But like I said, this isnt even about the results. He is simply wrong in so many areas on and off the pitch. I dont know if we had a manager so disconnected to the club like this one. How can you plan long term then?

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

We will have time and patience if we give youth a chance. 

But Sarri puts Pedro and Willian ahead of CHOI. 

He is really crap for youth. 

Exactly!! Instead this season is driving certain players out. He's crap full stop. There is nothing to say it's worth keeping him another season 

Im unsure what will happen in the summer. We made progress but have stagnated and with the transfer ban it doesnt help Sarri if he were to go for more players to suit his philosophy, if he were to believe that some of these guys need to go. The quality of starting players in the 11 or the 18 is more an issue than the manager in my eyes. Alonso, Luiz, Kovacic, Barkley, Willian, Giroud, Zappacosta, Pedro (altho hes been more productive this season), 8 out of 18 that arent good enough. Some have potential to grow but havent done enough - Kova and Ross especially but we cant really afford to sell players without replacing them this summer. Just shows Conte did more thsn what youd expect considering that most of the 11 he picked most weeks are still here.