Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Well theyre of no use to nobody just sitting around doing sod all. we over paid for most to begin with and shes trying to make money on them.

Not taking £65mill foe Willian was just daft (IF there was a bid for him in the 1st place. And I know I wont be popular but Eden at £200 mill was over priced. Sell Baks, one of the strikers,RLC and we have a nice wedge.

Agree with selling these players, except one.and that's Bakayoko...........We couldn't even give him away never mind get money for him :D I was at the match at the Aviva on Wednesday and I watched him when he came on. He may as well have stayed in the dressing room as I dont think he even touched the ball. Lumbering around the pitch like Billy Big Balls, didn't look interested, showed no passion and was a complete waste of a jersey. And then you see young Hudson-Odoi.....real passion commitment, skill and energy. Worth paying the €86 just to see him alone.

On 01/08/2018 at 7:32 PM, Mana said:

I don't know where to start because this is almost all wrong.

Conte did a poor job last season, fair enough. But the squad at all didn't help Conte. You mentioned for example the 4-1 loss to Watford, but that game is more of the players' fault then Conte's.

Burnley, Bournemouth and Watford don't have better squads then us because it reflects on the table. But having a gameplan and having determination can overcome such things. If the players don't play for the manager, they are all just as guilty.

Oh come on! Winning the PL in 2015 and especially 2017 were paper over the freaking cracks, in addition to having Costa over Morata. Massive difference in quality as a CF.

A team of Kante, Hazard and Courtois isn't enough and you are deluded (sorry) if you think that's enough for top 4. The squad is below average compared to the top 6 (I'll get to that in a minute). When you have teams who have players that can score 20+ goals, compared to a team who is right now couldn't even score more than 1 in a single match.

Willian is trash. Look at his performances over the years. Last season for example, he had a short 3 game spell of being untouchable but before and after? Shite. A headless chicken. He was poor in the WC too. This isn't me being angry with him because of what he did with Conte.

Chelsea's squad isn't better than those teams at the moment. That's kind of fact. Not only because they finished above us this season, but they are far more balanced then we are. We may have a solid GK, good defense, solid MF, but a disgraceful ATK. Spuds have "decent" across all the board with a solid ATK. Liverpool has been slowly fixing their terrible defence, but otherwise have a blistering ATK. Liverpool are currently the 2nd favourites to win the PL.

I don't know where you got the idea that we are "better" than these squads. We are still struggling to beat Arsenal mind you!

If we failed to get top 4 this year, don't put the blame on Sarri (unless his tactics were questionable), but blame the board for their yet again terrible transfers and the players. I don't need to name the players who I think will let us down completely.

All I can say about your post is that you can't evaluate player's qualities or you are just over pessimistic, and there is no "fact" here, you are just giving your opinion and imo your opinion in this case is as wrong as saying William had a 3 game spell of being untouchable. 

Anyone who knows one thing or two about the game understand that not achieving a top 4 finish with this squad is not acceptable.  

53 minutes ago, Mana said:

Going back to Sarri, I pray that Sarri doesn't become a Pochettino, but a Guardiola.

Because as it stands Sarri and Pochettino have 2 things in common. Can create attacking football, and won zilch.

Thats unfair, since both managers didn't have squads that were good enough to win their leagues, and its safe to say they were overachieving. Spurs squad is not even worth finishing 5th, let alone finishing inside top 3 for 3 seasons in a row. Its a lot easier to be Guardiola when your team have unlimited sources.

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unless one of RLC, Baka, or DD are loaned or sold I can't see us bringing in anyone else there. So I'm wondering which area he's talking about. He seems to have taken a liking to David Luiz so I don't think CB is an area we need a signing in either.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unless one of RLC, Baka, or DD are loaned or sold I can't see us bringing in anyone else there. So I'm wondering which area he's talking about. He seems to have taken a liking to David Luiz so I don't think CB is an area we need a signing in either.

"We have very good midfielders, but maybe a midfielder with different characteristics [would be a good fit]."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sarri-eyes-new-midfield-signing-before-transfer-deadline/1dl2l9is98415120q93877mk1p

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/03/maurizio-sarri-guardiola-chelsea-manchester-city-community-shield

Sarri said little on incoming transfers, beyond the admission that he thought the club “need something – maybe a midfielder with different characteristics”

10 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

"We have very good midfielders, but maybe a midfielder with different characteristics [would be a good fit]."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sarri-eyes-new-midfield-signing-before-transfer-deadline/1dl2l9is98415120q93877mk1p

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hmmm. We've got a couple of box to box ball carriers in Barkley & RLC. We've got disrupters/destroyers in Kante & Baka. We've got creators in Cesc and Jorginho. Maybe he simply thinks one of those areas needs an upgrade?

Still think one or more have to move before we have room for another midfielder.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Hmmm. We've got a couple of box to box ball carriers in Barkley & RLC. We've got disrupters/destroyers in Kante & Baka. We've got creators in Cesc and Jorginho. Maybe he simply thinks one of those areas needs an upgrade?

Still think one or more have to move before we have room for another midfielder.

Drinkwater out. Grealish in. :ph34r:

Just now, the wes said:

it must be a keeper? 

Sarri has indicated a midfielder. Not even sure what's going on with the Courtois situation given there's less than 1 week till deadline day. Imagine that would be a separate case to what Sarri was talking about.

The squad looks like a collection of talented footballers and some average ones no one really knows what to do with like in 2013 when we had Kdb, Mata, Oscar, Salah later. Mourinho sold the good ones kept the shit ones and moaned he had no strikers. Lets hope Sarri is more sensible than that and realizes their potential