Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT 

Montengero vs England: Gareth Southgate says he has ‘no hesitation’ playing Jadon Sancho AND Callum Hudson-Odoi in Euro 2020 

https://talksport.com/football/516715/montengero-england-gareth-southgate-no-hesitation-playing-jadon-sancho-callum-hudson-odoi/

b711b576e97fb97e17344bcce9241906.png

meanwhile

Image result for sarri has benched hudson-odoi

On 22/3/2019 at 4:33 PM, communicate said:

Nah Conte problem was letting Costa go. He is the perfect striker for super defensive team like Chelsea Conte. Finding a striker that can fight two CB without little service is almost impossible but Costa can do that.  Plus you can forget about RLC for Conte. He is not suited to Conte 343. 

for one season. then he has disappeared

Matt Law's Chelsea briefing tmg_smt_glyph_sport.png

Who I would consider to be the next Chelsea manager?

The case for Gareth Southgate

By Matt Law Football News Correspondent

England head coach Gareth Southgate

Southgate’s work with England should make him a candidate for the top job (Credit: Nick Potts/PA Wire)

The guessing games over who might be Chelsea’s next head coach have already started, even though Maurizio Sarri could still win the Europa League and secure a top-four finish.

Sarri’s future is uncertain thanks to an inconsistent first season in English football, his stubborn team selections and tactics, and his failure to connect with a large section of the supporters.

It may seem harsh, but this is Chelsea and time waits for no man which is why agents and intermediaries are already busy trying to push their clients to the front of the queue.

Zinedine Zidane got a fanciful mention before returning to Real Madrid, while Frank Lampard and Nuno Espirito Santo are the latest men to be linked to the non-vacant post.

Chelsea fans continue to sing the name of Lampard at games and his appointment would no doubt be extremely popular. In many ways, a Lampard and Jody Morris partnership makes good sense, given the impending transfer ban and the need to promote youth.

But the nagging concern is that Lampard has still not completed his first year in football management and his Derby County team could still finish anywhere between fifth and 12th in the Championship.

Could Chelsea really appoint the manager of a mid-table second-tier club if the Rams fade out of the promotion picture?

Nuno has done great work at Wolverhampton Wanderers, but his tactics and set up are extremely similar to that of former Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte who found himself accused of negativity despite winning a Premier League title and the FA Cup during his two years in charge.

Like Conte, Nuno likes to set his Wolves team up to catch opponents out on the counter-attack with three central defenders providing a secure back-line. 

Do Chelsea fans really want to go back to that? Or could the Portuguese adapt his methods with better players? The truth is we don’t know.

Of Europe’s big name managers, Max Allegri could become available whether or not Juventus win the Champions League. He has been considered by the Blues in the past, but if they do make another change, do they really want yet another Italian?

Allegri is different to both Conte and Sarri, and certainly has the pedigree to impress owner Roman Abramovich but there is a sense that, with all their challenges, it is time for Chelsea to try something new and invest in a coach who will promote their talented youngsters.

Which brings us nicely on to the man this particular writer believes should at least be considered if the Blues make a change – Gareth Southgate.

This will probably not be a popular suggestion with a number of Chelsea enthusiasts who will, with some justification, point to the fact Southgate has never won anything as a manager and has not taken charge of a club since Middlesbrough in 2006.

But Southgate’s work with England and Chelsea’s English players should make him a candidate for the top job at Stamford Bridge. Nobody has offered more encouragement to the Blues’ youngsters than Southgate over the past couple of years.

Callum Hudson-Odoi has become the latest England debutant under Southgate, while Mason Mount was part of his squad in October last year and Ruben Loftus-Cheek went to the World Cup.

Even Tammy Abraham has been given two England caps by Southgate, who has made Ross Barkley a big part of his post-World Cup plans.

It’s not only Chelsea’s players Southgate likes. He poached Steve Holland from Stamford Bridge as his England assistant and has praised the work of Chelsea’s Head of Youth Development Neil Bath.

Holland would be Chelsea’s favoured choice to act as an interim manager if they felt they had to sack Sarri before the end of the season, which begs the question – why not go for Southgate and Holland as the permanent successors to the Italian and his backroom team?

Southgate has said he wants to manage England at the 2020 European Championships and his FA contract currently runs until the end of the 2022 World Cup. But he would surely be tempted if he was offered one of the biggest jobs in club football.

It is probably an unlikely scenario, but it should not be dismissed out of hand too quickly while Chelsea consider their options.

according to BBC Sport journalist David Ornstein, who claims a number of insiders at Chelsea have told him that a desire to give Maurizio Sarri time in the hot seat explains why he is yet to be axed.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/768230/Chelsea-News-Maurizio-Sarri-Sack-David-Ornstein-Rumours-Gossip?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed)

59 minutes ago, the wes said:

according to BBC Sport journalist David Ornstein, who claims a number of insiders at Chelsea have told him that a desire to give Maurizio Sarri time in the hot seat explains why he is yet to be axed.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/768230/Chelsea-News-Maurizio-Sarri-Sack-David-Ornstein-Rumours-Gossip?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed)

After reading that, honestly seems like the club are siding with him and not the players. 

That's a first. 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope this is true but it has to be admitted that things like this have been said about other managers over the last fifteen and a bit years.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

If anything, it emphasizes more that the board have no idea what they're doing. If we get the transfer ban, would Sarri be able to get the best out of what we've got? The BS stuff from this season will suggest no. Would Sarri be able to rebuild the team with one eye on the future? Again, the BS stuff this season suggests no. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If anything, it emphasizes more that the board have no idea what they're doing. If we get the transfer ban, would Sarri be able to get the best out of what we've got? The BS stuff from this season will suggest no. Would Sarri be able to rebuild the team with one eye on the future? Again, the BS stuff this season suggests no. 

Give it some time, this is good. 

We needs this, continuity. 

I do expect next season to improve. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Please, give me REASONS why I should be patient with Sarri etc instead of trotting out the silly 'give it time' without anything to back it up. What has he done this season to suggest that next season will be better? If we get the transfer ban and he can't get his own players, then what? Are we gonna see more of the same BS from this season? Is he gonna play the same starting XI, use subs that everyone can predict 9 months in advance? Is he gonna continue saying this young player is not ready, that young player is not ready in favor of starting Alonso, Willian etc every week? Is he gonna continue imposing his SarriShitball on the players? His playing style may be different from Mourinho or Conte but other aspects of his management aren't much different from either of them!

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think we all know the answer to that.... 

There is nothing seen to suggest we can improve in fact we've gone leaps backwards recently.  It's to slow.. To predictable. The ban will have such a impact. Especially if he keeps blaming the players for it all. Oh look we're all here to stay so where does it go from there? 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

After reading that, honestly seems like the club are siding with him and not the players. 

That's a first. 

Not surprising though. The club showed unprecedented patience with Mourinho and Conte as well and got rid of them only when it got unbearable. I don't expect them to sack Sarri unless he starts sulking publicly or goes into meltdown mode. 

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Not surprising though. The club showed unprecedented patience with Mourinho and Conte as well and got rid of them only when it got unbearable. I don't expect them to sack Sarri unless he starts sulking publicly or goes into meltdown mode. 

Quite frankly I lost all hope given what Willian did to Conte and the club rejecting obscene offers for him. 

7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

OR he fails get Champions League for next season.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

OR he fails get Champions League for next season.

Which is starting to look more and more unlikely way results keep heading.  So maybe eventually.. 

The way we keep losing.. Posession shots whatever. Oh look they've scored. Oh look same sodding subs same time! Still amazing we have won only one away game this year League wise... Falling fast

Yeah, I thought a while ago we were not going to make top 4 with our erratic away form. The Europa League will be the priority, but it won't save Sarri. His inflexibility is infuriating. Many goals can come from Route 1, especially with a good header of the ball like Giroud. I wonder how many goals we have conceded with our fannying around at the back current style of play. Great to see our lads getting goals at the International level. That's telling!

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

I'm all for giving a manager time and I can appreciate that what Sarri is trying to do is a big culture shift area to the style and philosophy of Conte and Mourinho before him, but ultimately you need to be able to identify progress and positives still and I don't see this.

If we don't qualify for the Champions League again this season (through our league position) it will be 2 years with largely the same squad not making top 4. I do not see next season how we will magically improve.

Especially if you take into account the likelihood of this transfer ban standing, so no new players to come in and Hazard likely to leave. Whilst I've backed Sarri to a degree with how he's blooded Hudson-Odoi in, he needs to start playing him more now and we're talking about a real top drawer academy prospect. Will he be willing to give opportunities to other academy prospects over experienced players who he's worked with for a year already next season...I have huge doubts.

I don't even think the football we play is that great. At times it feels like possession for the sake of it, and most of the time there's no speed or urgency. It's predictable and to be honest boring to watch. Our team has become so reliant on Hazard producing something because there's so little penetration in our play it's embarrassing. 

I still stand by my hope that they would give Lampard the job next season. He may be inexperienced, but he'll be all the better prepared from this season at Derby. He's already said previously in interviews that he wants his team to get on the ball and play and be aggressive both attacking and pressing when they don't have the ball, but he also expects his team to be adaptable too. He knows the club, would bring back to the dressing room some of that experience and belief we had when he was here, and I do believe his standing at Chelsea is so high that his reputation amongst supporters wouldn't be ruined which is why I believe somebody like him would be more willing than any to risk blooding through younger players. If supporters can see this club is trying to rebuild and is willing to give some younger players opportunities then there will be patience.

If the club is going to give a manager sufficient time now it has to be with someone who is able to start the rebuild of this club with the resources at their disposal and I just don't see that in Sarri.