Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

So...if Arsenal are in the final and they turn up, what makes you think we will beat them? Imagine Alonso in the final against Lacazette. 

There is a blueprint of how to beat Chelsea, and they'll take it. They'll probably try and play normally at home for a while but if they are 1-0 down, they will definitely use the blueprint because unlike Sarri, they will do a plan B.

Costly errors. And the chances of them improving that for the EL final are quite slim.

Sarri starts Alonso then no mercy if we lose and Alonso is to blame again. He's already been solely at fault for so many goals this season that he shouldn't be anywhere near the XI. Just like Everton. 

Come the end of May we will come back here and reflect on what happened. 

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

Exactly.

That's why I'm not confident that we will win the EL. Not because of the players, but because of Sarri's one-dimensional tactics and selection. The Everton game reminded me of that.

Hell will break loose if we go 1-0 down.

I'd say the Everton game reflected more on how poor our players are ability wise vs Sarri's style. 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Ignoring the EL and the honeymoon period (up to the Spuds Wembley PL game - 24 November), but let's say apart from Liverpool League Cup game when we had to come from behind, was there any other time we came from behind to win a game?

We've come from behind only ONCE to win in the league this season and that was at home against Cardiff. 

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has failed to adapt his style to the pace of the English game, according to ex-Blues winger Paul Canoville.

https://www.lovesportradio.com/news/love-sport-exclusives/maurizio-sarri-does-not-understand-english-football-canoville/

Canoville hit the nail on the wall with this one 

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has failed to adapt his style to the pace of the English game, according to ex-Blues winger Paul Canoville.

https://www.lovesportradio.com/news/love-sport-exclusives/maurizio-sarri-does-not-understand-english-football-canoville/

Hes got a bunch of players noit suited to 'his style' of football.

We talk about the Spuds freeze but our lads dont have any fight in them.

It only affects me when I lose the plot at us. So I try really hard not to bitch and whine like many on here, even tho they have every valid reason to do it. But our players make it fuckin hard sometime to keep carefree!

If they can't give a fuck if they play like wankers and make us look pathetic why the hell should I not call them what they are? Theree's only 7 I would keep out of them all - and 2 of them will be gone. .I just hope that whoever owns us come the summer of 2020 that they realize the shite we are in and  they do something drastic and rebuild us from the top down.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

We've come from behind only ONCE to win in the league this season and that was at home against Cardiff. 

When put like that.. Wow... It is shit

That's something we used to be good at. Go a goal down.. Subs made and all change. These days it's go a goal down and piss around and either they score more or we scrape a draw. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

they should be protesting the board even more

the board gave us Sarri, the bans, the crazy bad buys and sales

This my opinion maybe I'm wrong or right I think Roman has give the iron lady full control of the club cause Roman would have sacked sarri a lot time ago according to most media source's sarri was hired by Marina and I don't blame Roman losing interest cause the British government have target him cause as close links to Putin if the right offer comes in for our club I think he will take it

8 hours ago, the wes said:

This my opinion maybe I'm wrong or right I think Roman has give the iron lady full control of the club cause Roman would have sacked sarri a lot time ago according to most media source's sarri was hired by Marina and I don't blame Roman losing interest cause the British government have target him cause as close links to Putin if the right offer comes in for our club I think he will take it

Speculation. 

It cost a ton to bring Sarri here as well as sacking Conte. Fairly certain the club have taken that into consideration. 

16 minutes ago, the wes said:

the thing I like about southgate he's not afraid to play young players if they are good enough he will play them 

There is a bright future for English players. Best to nurture them now. 

I remember watching a video with Lampard, Rio, and Gerrard and they gave their input in how that golden era 2004-2008 of English players never worked for the national side. 

Found it

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There is a bright future for English players. Best to nurture them now. 

I remember watching a video with Lampard, Rio, and Gerrard and they gave their input in how that golden era 2004-2008 of English players never worked for the national side. 

Found it

Super interesting, thanks for sharing that.

Gareth Southgate aimed a subtle dig in the direction of Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri over his handling of Callum Hudson-Odoi by claiming he won’t wait around for clubs to ‘pick a player 100 times’ if they’re ‘ready’.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/21/gareth-southgate-aims-dig-chelsea-boss-maurizio-sarri-callum-hudson-odoi-8973850/?ito=cbshare

On 3/21/2019 at 3:53 AM, the wes said:

Nah the moment he talked about moving kante, then I stop listening to him. Kante won player of the year and wc playing in super defensive team. Leicester very defensive, Chelsea under Conte very defensive and France team was very defensive. It is that simple