Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

26 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I can only imagine this thread crashing if Sarri loses the final and we play in Europa League again next season.

I just dont see how with the way we're playing that we won't next year. Even if we win and get into the groups. Can't see us making it out... Be a struggle unless something changes. 

Though that's thinking way way ahead of ourselves. One game at a time. 

23 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Not sure on the obvious ... but again Nuno Santo looks similar to how Sarri looked at Napoli and his track record doesnt paint a solid record as well. Yes currently he showing some potential but then if we have to think about it, havent we taken a chance on AVB and Sarri already. With player power being so dominant in the dressing room, it will be difficult for any young/promising manager to come in and turn tides. 

IDK ... It's confusing right now and we have made it so difficult after sacking so many managers ...

This....

I've said it before...... the players, despite whatever crap they feed to the press, aren't playing for Sarri.

Yes, they follow Sarri's instructions in terms of general tactics, but they are not fighting for him.

As far as Sarri is considered, the guy has achieved nothing close to what they've achieved in football, in terms of trophies. No matter how 'nice' our guys are, they will always have a certain level of arrogance. Someone like David Luiz has a champions league medal. What does Sarri have at this point?

That's why Sarri can't motivate his players for ordinary league games. The players have to end up motivating themselves.

Think about it.  After the City league 6-0, what PL games have we performed in? Just the one Spurs game following the Carling cup loss, just to send a message to the media and everyone else. Every other league game has been a crapfest, dull affair.

Its not entirely Sarri's fault per se, but this is why a manager like Sarri or AVB will find it tough to succeed here.

You need people who are leaders and proven winners, like Pep,  to totally convince these kinds of players to give it their all. 

Either that, or a massive amount of luck.

9 hours ago, Henrique said:

There is a BIG difference between Sarri and Nuno Espirito Santo, and its pretty obvious: Sarri's amazing job was in Serie A, and it wasn't in Premier League. It just doesn't make much sense to bring this argument. Napoli didn't even had a decent record in Europe under Sarri, so his work with Napoli wasn't an indication that he would do a good job in Premier League. The truth is Serie A today is just a little better than French League in terms of overall quality. Leonardo Jardim won Ligue-1 with Monaco in 2017 and made an amazing run in Europe, but nobody hailed him as genius.

Sarri is a shitty manager, and close to him Scolari, AVB, RDM and Avran Grant are football legends.

One difference between Sarri and AVB though...

AVB at least tried to chop, change and rotate his squad. (Even though it was a bad idea at the time)

Sarri keeps playing the same unmotivated players, again and again.

If we lose Hazard and CHO in same window without chance to buy anyone, someone should seriously fire our incompetent board.

One thought Kdb, Salah sales were missed opportunity or bad luck because no one could predict their rise, but its getting clear as day the board was making mistake after mistake that could be avoidable if they had some knowledge. We are on verge of missing CL for second time in row, incoming ban for the second time, poor transfers and yet same board continues to operate without any consequences. 

Wake the fuck up Roman. Changing a coach wont solve shit. These problems are going on since 2012, Sarri was here for less than a year. 

Im not saying Sarri shouldnt be sacked, but if the club should be aware that our shit is deeper than just sacking the manager and replacing him.

25 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

If there is a transfer ban, wouldnt it be for buying and selling both?

Nope. Just for buying. They probably don't want to hurt the rats who would want to jump ship . And I believe we have a lot of such rats. Hopefully we end up kicking them all out and playing players who want to play for the club rather than their own CVs

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we lose Hazard and CHO in same window without chance to buy anyone, someone should seriously fire our incompetent board.

Danny Drinkwater cost the club 30 million, and since his last professional appearance, he's earned almost 5 million quid. Safe to save the board could get the club relegated and their job security would still be as strong as ever. 

No. A new owner that will clean house is the only way I see them actually getting the sack. 

Danny Drinkwater has to go down as possibly one of the worst ever signings this club has ever made.

The fact he is still here and collect tons of cash just really shows how fucking badly run this fucking club is.

16 hours ago, Nicco said:

I can only imagine this thread crashing if Sarri loses the final and we play in Europa League again next season.

I doubt it. 

The players will up, you saw how we play in the final against City. 

So don't worry, we will do enough to win. 

16 hours ago, Mana said:

...is there a guarantee that we will even make the final?

You can't put the eggs on one basket when we don't know if we are definitely going to beat Benfica/Frankfurt.

If we play against Benfica or Eintracht Frankfurt like we did versus Everton in the 2nd half we will get smashed. Absolutely. They are far beyond any teams we have faced in the EL so far.

That said, I cannot see us having a howler like that 2nd half.

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Here's a thing. If Frankfurt/Benfica score first, we are f***ed in the ass because we have no idea how to overcome that.

I think the players will be up for it. Especially now given all the eggs are in the basket for Europa league. 

Inspite the many flaws, this team is well and truly a cup team. This would be the 4th final in 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Danny Drinkwater has to go down as possibly one of the worst ever signings this club has ever made.

The fact he is still here and collect tons of cash just really shows how fucking badly run this fucking club is.

True. The board deemed Sterling and Stones too expensive, but soon after that they splashed 40m on Drinks. Sure prices get up every year, but even in 2025, spending 40m on someone like Drinkwater will be considered bad deal. 

If we just needed english player, there were others cheaper and better or younger. Nevermind we had Chlobah who wanted to leave but I believe the right paycheck would keep him here. Surely he would be overpaid, but we would have spent much less money on him compared to Drinks fee and wages. And he had more potential compared to Drinkwater too.

Salah, Kdb, Drinkwater,...

If our board was competent, we could have this

Kepa

Azpi-Rudiger-Luiz(Zouma)-Filipe Luis

Kante-Matic-KDB

Salah-Costa-Hazard

(playing good old counter football)

Name me one club that fucked up transfers this bad.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Ignoring the EL and the honeymoon period (up to the Spuds Wembley PL game), but let's say apart from Liverpool League Cup game when we had to come from behind, was there any other time we came from behind to win a game?

I don't think so. 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I looked and looked. Can't find any. And if there is, it's probably like one game. So that's the issue.

Probably because we struggle against teams that sit back. 

We've been scoring for fun in Europa because we exploit how adventurous teams are against us. Not to mention if we bring that same mentality there like we saw against City, i'll take our chances. 

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's a whole different level from the semis though, keep that in mind.

I have. And I'm still adamant in saying that we will up our game in Europa with the factors I've mentioned. 

Teams will be more open

All eggs in Europa basket

Mentality in cup competitions > in the league 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

...but have you forgotten about United in the FA Cup? City in the LC final?

Just because allegedly all our eggs are in the EL basket doesn't mean we will win it.

I can't see Benfica or Napoli/Arsenal sit back and play on the counter the way United have. City in the LC Final was the perfect example of our players being up for it, and the opposition leaving space to exploit. I'm not saying that we will indefinitely win the EL now that our eggs are in the basket, just that inspite of our players flaws, many of them raise their game when the stakes are high. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

You forgot Valencia, Villareal. We don't know who we are going to face IF we get to the final.

Yes they can. You do know that these coaches can adapt to neutralise us easily. And you can bet at least Emery will do that.

City in the LC final, yes we were up for that but we STILL failed to have a single shot on target.

Emery beat us playing his football. He didn't adapt. His players were up for it and ours embarrassingly weren't. He hasn't once changed his system. 

Valencia and Villareal have forever been progressive clubs. Never have they reverted to park the bus and counter, that isn't their culture. Benfica the same. If anything, they will try and press us, which will ultimately give us space to exploit. 

I remember two chances that could of buried the game. Kante's shot and Pedro's poor decision to pass it instead of shooting it after that run by Hazard. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Ignoring the EL and the honeymoon period (up to the Spuds Wembley PL game - 24 November), but let's say apart from Liverpool League Cup game when we had to come from behind, was there any other time we came from behind to win a game?

Spurs in the cup.

For all the faults you can lay you at the squad, one thing no one can take from them is they show up when a trophy is on the line.