Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

7 hours ago, Jason said:

His actual quote is even worse! :doh: 

"He can only arrive at the top only at 22 or 23, like EVERY OTHER player" :doh::doh: 

What the context towards that?

If he is saying he won't start him regularly until 22-23 then yes it's a ridiculous thing to say and questions need to be asked but I'm fairly certain he means to develop to a world class level, which isn't exactly outrageous as outside of a few exceptions world class players generally hit that level around about 21-24, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Terry, Neymar, Suarez a few of many examples, even Messi didn't truly elevate to his current level until then.

11 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Honestly my biggest qualm is RLC not starting, someone tell me what does Kovacic and Bakley do when they start on a regular basis?

I prefer him as an impact sub to be honest and I think the game management of RLC has maybe been the best thing Sarri has done bar possibly more minutes in the league.

When he starts I feel he drifts out of the game a bit much and as the second half goes on slowly fades out completely but when he comes fresh off the bench his burst of acceleration against tired legs causes the opposition teams problems and opens up avenues in attack.

I see him as a midfield version of a Hernandez/OGS, aka super sub. 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

STFU Sarri, honestly. Did Jardim ask the media to not 'pressure' Mbappe? Did van Gaal ask the media to not 'pressure' Rashford?

There is a fair chance both were better than Odoi is today...Odoi is not as good as you people say. To be honest there is not a single game I think "Odoi would do better than those folks on the pitch", actually I think what most people think when they say some shambolic performances from Pedro and William is "Odoi can't do worse than this". 

16 hours ago, the wes said:

Sarri wants fans&media not to pressure him because of Hudson Odoi.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

There is a fair chance both were better than Odoi is today...Odoi is not as good as you people say. To be honest there is not a single game I think "Odoi would do better than those folks on the pitch", actually I think what most people think when they say some shambolic performances from Pedro and William is "Odoi can't do worse than this". 

Where as I do agree with some of what you say theres nothing amyone could say that wouldn't make me think that CHO couldn't have had much more playing time.

I'm not saying as a starter. I do agree he should be brought into the team gradually, but he could at least be getting 20 or so mins a game - or many games!

Theres been many occasions either Eden, Willian and or Pedro has been of little or no use in games and we have needed a different option with younger legs and a different mentality.

We was doing a good job with Happy when we was training him on site. Who knows how different it would have been if he hadn't been injured.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Where as I do agree with some of what you say theres nothing amyone could say that wouldn't make me think that CHO couldn't have had much more playing time.

I'm not saying as a starter. I do agree he should be brought into the team gradually, but he could at least be getting 20 or so mins a game - or many games!

Theres been many occasions either Eden, Willian and or Pedro has been of little or no use in games and we have needed a different option with younger legs and a different mentality.

We was doing a good job with Happy when we was training him on site. Who knows how different it would have been if he hadn't been injured.

Pedro and Willian have had a shit tonne of bad games where I have so wished CHO had either started or at least come on at HT or the 60 minute mark. Many of the times that was impossible because he was not even ON THE BENCH.

He is statistically outplaying Jadon Sancho (who is same age, reportedly going for £80m to £100m AND who would be yet another POTENTIALLY good player with NO playing time if he was under a Sarri-type cosh here or at some other club) in the EL, yet some on here continuously slate him as 'not even a good player'. One of the top global clubs, and a club that is notoriously cheap, Bayern, have offered 40m quid for the lad. You don't toss around that type of cash if he is a marginal performer and not even close to 30-somethings Pedro and Willian.

It is impossible to remotely give a fair assessment on him in terms of a league player when he has been on the pitch in EPL games for a grand total of 74 minutes. That is a ridiculously low number.

Chelsea youngster is outperforming Jadon Sancho in Europe, stat shows

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/03/callum-hudson-odoi-highest-performing-teenager-in-european-competitions-this-term/

I wasn't here then but I would almost GUARANTEE the same type of mentality that drives a lot of CHO-slaters was manifest in regards to de Bruyne and Salah.

I think it is short-sighted and reeks of status quo setting and normalcy bias. Same bullshit schema that the board operates under, much to our teams detriment.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pedro and Willian have had a shit tonne of bad games where I have so wished CHO had either started or at least come on at HT or the 60 minute mark. Many of the times that was impossible because he was not even ON THE BENCH.

He is statistically outplaying Jadon Sancho (who is same age, reportedly going for £80m to £100m AND who would be yet another POTENTIALLY good player with NO playing time if he was under a Sarri-type cosh here or at some other club) in the EL, yet some on here continuously slate him as 'not even a good player'. One of the top global clubs, and a club that is notoriously cheap, Bayern, have offered 40m quid for the lad. You don't toss around that type of cash if he is a marginal performer and not even close to 30-somethings Pedro and Willian.

It is impossible to remotely give a fair assessment on him in terms of a league player when he has been on the pitch in EPL games for a grand total of 74 minutes. That is a ridiculously low number.

Chelsea youngster is outperforming Jadon Sancho in Europe, stat shows

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/03/callum-hudson-odoi-highest-performing-teenager-in-european-competitions-this-term/

I wasn't here then but I would almost GUARANTEE the same type of mentality that drives a lot of CHO-slaters was manifest in regards to de Bruyne and Salah.

I think it is short-sighted and reeks of status quo setting and normalcy bias. Same bullshit schema that the board operates under, much to our teams detriment.

Oh I agree with what you say Mrs.

He does need to play more. Theres been many times me as a supporter - with no managing experience but a severe love for the club and would not want to do anything to hurt them (added that bit just in case) - would quite happily have played him.

I know we don't agree but I do want Sarri to stay. But he does piss me off with some of his choices. And if he got a proper balance rotation wise he would get a lot of peeps off his case.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Oh I agree with what you say Mrs.

He does need to play more. Theres been many times me as a supporter - with no managing experience but a severe love for the club and would not want to do anything to hurt them (added that bit just in case) - would quite happily have played him.

I know we don't agree but I do want Sarri to stay. But he does piss me off with some of his choices. And if he got a proper balance rotation wise he would get a lot of peeps off his case.

At this point, Sarri will stay, especially if we get the bans starting this summer.

The massive CHO damage by him is already done, I will be SHOCKED if he renews. Zero chance he will if the old smoker is still in charge. That will be a massive blot, more than likely, on Sarri's legacy with CFC.

The truly crusical decisions we have to make are Eden and CHO IF we get no 2019 summer window.

Do we force them to stay and walk on frees or do we sell them and just take the hit for all of the 2019-20 season?

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

At this point, Sarri will stay, especially if we get the bans starting this summer.

The massive CHO damage by him is already done, I will be SHOCKED if he renews. Zero chance he will if the old smoker is still in charge. That will be a massive blot, more than likely, on Sarri's legacy with CFC.

The truly crusical decisions we have to make are Eden and CHO IF we get no 2019 summer window.

Do we force them to stay and walk on frees or do we sell them and just take the hit for all of the 2019-20 season?

He will probably get blamed when Eden goes too. But its him thats holding us to ransom. He didn't need to put us in this situation we are with him. We have absolutely no leverage whatsoever. And CHO is taking after him. He wasn't signing a contract before Sarri came.

I really dunno which way to go with their contracts tho. Its not good keeping him with no transfer window. Its going to be a fuckin nightmare

Oki so no summer window

I think we may just have to eat a crazy loss and keep Eden and CHO, plus recall a lot. We also are going to have to decide on Willian, who will walk in 2020 if no multiyear deal offered. Funny how our absolute fuck up of not selling him to Barca is now double-penetration fucking us.

Between Eden, CHO, Willian, and the cock-up of Big Nose, thats around £340m LOST in potential revenue if we hold onto all of the 3 remaining and they walk on frees in 2020.

And people say I do not know what I am doing when I slag the board out (with great meticulousness and evidence btw)

I also (until someone tells me otherwise) am assuming Hig's loan deal (which expires thsi summer and THEN has an option to do a 12 month new one) is now fucked and he has to go back to Juve

We also lose Kovacic, so now the idiotic sale of Cesc REALLY is going to fuck us unless (spoiler alert) Bakayko comes good (and there is another, albeit temp, loss of £35m or so in trans rev) OR we use.... drum roll......... Drinkwater.

IF Luiz walks, then that takes the loss up to £400m!!! (as we turned down £30m from PSG last summer)

We CANNOT break the 30-something no multiyear rule. So either Luiz takes one for the team and sign a one year or he is OUT.

here is a 25 man potential roster (no Higs) IF we just keep Willian, Eden and CHO

10 HG, so no issues

GK Kepa

GK Caballero

GK Bulka (HG)

CB Rudiger

CB Zouma  (HG)

CB AC  (HG)

CB Ampadu (HG)

LB Emerson

LB Alonso

RB Azpi

RB Reece James (HG)

DH DMF Jorginho

DH DMF Bakayoko

CMF Kante

CMF Drinkwater  (HG)

AMF RLC  (HG)

AMF Barkley  (HG)

LW Hazard

LW CHO  (HG)

RW Willian

RW Pulisic

RW Pedro

CF Bats

CF Giroud

CF Tammy  (HG)

NOW here is a 25 man roster IF we sell all 3 (Willian, Eden, CHO, who will walk on frees in 2020)

GK Kepa

GK Caballero

GK Bulka (HG)

CB Rudiger

CB Zouma  (HG)

CB AC  (HG)

CB Ampadu (HG)

LB Emerson

LB Alonso

RB Azpi

RB Reece James (HG)

DH DMF Jorginho

DH DMF Bakayoko

CMF Kante

CMF Drinkwater  (HG)

AMF Mason Mount (trial by fire for real, and of course RLC can slide over for cover from RW and go back to AMF)

AMF Barkley  (HG)

LW Pulisic

LW Kenedy

RW RLC (HG)

RW Pedro

RW Moses

CF Bats

CF Giroud

CF Tammy  (HG)

option on this lineup is to not use Moses, loan him out again, and bring in Tomori as a 5th CB

for BOTH lineups, IF Luiz stays

dont recall Happy

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Oki so no summer window

I think we may just have to eat a crazy loss and keep Eden and CHO, plus recall a lot. We also are going to have to decide on Willian, who will walk in 2020 if no multiyear deal offered. Funny how our absolute fuck up of not selling him to Barca is now double-penetration fucking us.

Between Eden, CHO, Willian, and the cock-up of Big Nose, thats around £340m LOST in potential revenue if we hold onto all of the 3 remaining and they walk on frees in 2020.

And people say I do not know what I am doing when I slag the board out (with great meticulousness and evidence btw)

I also (until someone tells me otherwise) am assuming Hig's loan deal (which expires thsi summer and THEN has an option to do a 12 month new one) is now fucked and he has to go back to Juve

We also lose Kovacic, so now the idiotic sale of Cesc REALLY is going to fuck us unless (spoiler alert) Bakayko comes good (and there is another, albeit temp, loss of £35m or so in trans rev) OR we use.... drum roll......... Drinkwater.

IF Luiz walks, then that takes the loss up to £400m!!! (as we turned down £30m from PSG last summer)

It's a nightmare and the considering our board is supposedly full of top business people need to be brought up on charges for crimes against Chelsea!

And its going to fuck us up completely IF we get into the CL too.

A shambles.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

It's a nightmare and the considering our board is supposedly full of top business people need to be brought up on charges for crimes against Chelsea!

A shambles.

AND, it (the fucking bans) ARE the BOARD*S own fucking fault. They knew the goddamn rules, yet wilfully chose to ignore them.:rant::rant::rant:

The SIBNEFT model doesn't work in the West, where there is (albeit to a lesser extent than I wish) legal and structural accountability.

6 hours ago, Henrique said:

Mbappe was without a doubt. Rashford was about the same level, and it was just as hard for him to get minutes until he started delivering on the pitch.

Whether Odoi might have be getting more minutes, which is prob true esp in cup games, the mistake here is to simplify things with the word "better." It really does not mean much at this level. 

I really don't know what to think about Sarri anymore. Today he made some subs that everyone asked for. Odoi, Chick and even removing Jorginho from the game...but if the had to make those changes its because his staring line-up was bad in the first place. Despite his goals, imo Pedro is done. In game against Dybamo he scored 1 but had chances to score at least 4, and when he is not scoring he is usually ineffective as fuck. I also can't understand why he believe Kovacic is a better option than Chick or even Barkley. Another game where the team had the possession but nothing happened. When the team was pressuring in the final minutes, Luiz was the one who was trying to create things, and thats weird as fuck to let a CB be the playmaker when you have to score goals.

Analysis of CHO by Nouman, a Chelsea fan.

CHO brings width, crossing and enthusiasm to the team. If he plays, I would argue you need RLC as well for the physical threat at the end of his crosses. They demonstrated some understanding in the Wolves game last night.

If we can, We may just have to sell Hazard (and Willian) to re/invest into youth and take risk of not making top 4 for a couple of seasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/9/2019 at 4:58 AM, Unionjack said:

Hence lets stop hoping against hope!!! :) 

The board needs to understand once they start losing revenue that top 4 is no longer a cakewalk anymore and competing for the title is the only way possible to ensure top 4.