Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

“Chris Sutton came out saying Chelsea should sack Sarri. But you can go back to Chris' time as a manager at Lincoln where he had 50 games and a 28% win record. He knows how difficult it is but he wants to be a pundit so says something controversial"

Wise: “Sarri hasn't been given enough time and I think the club understand that. The stubbornness Sarri has shown got him the job. But you won't see Pep changing and it took him time when he first arrived. And Sarri has a better win rate in all competitions compared to him."

{Dennis Wise}

This is my captain!

Saying Sarri has better win percentage compared to Guardiola is like saying we had 70% possession but still lost. 

Its a nice stat that means nothing.

Results are one thing, the way he handles youth, doesnt rotate, has no tactical approach and is very predictable is something else. 

Im all for long term coach, but Sarri (unlike some previous managers we sacked in past) is showing that not only results but the way he is managing is not the best. And thats a bummer.

At the end of the day, even if he manages us to play Pep style barca; take a look how long ago that was working and also take a look how many times Pep got completely destroyed or tacticaly outplayed in europe since he left barca. 

Zidane's real and Klopps pool are successful because they know tactics, when to attack and when to defend. Just playing offense doesnt win you trophies. It might make you flat track bully but any solid team will spank your ass nowdays.

We always play possession football. We would won at least a couple more if we surprised the opponent and played on counter. This team is very capable of counter football and if Sarri had any tactical ability, he would teach us the possession football and then play either that or counter football, depending on opponent.

4 minutes ago, mccg said:

fair points. Although fowler is a right bitter bastard and if it was Klopp, he'd be drooling over it

Sarriball is a right cringey thing. I hated it when we were linked with him, and hate it now.  Fowler is correct, its nothing special or unusual.

No other club in the top 6 right now would have given Sarri a second thought as potential manager.  And then we had the fans on social media claiming to know everything about him and making him out to be a genius, so the appointment was quite exciting at first.  Those same fans never heard of him a few months before. 

But nobody can deny, it isnt working right now. He's one of the worst managers in recent times.  Today is a great opportunity to show us he can change, be flexible, make tweaks.  Do i think he will? Not sure, probably not.  Do i think i could pick the starting 11? most likely

Dreading this, but think we might pull it off

57 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

lol at the fact Sarri and Pep are still being compared.  Sheer madness.

I get it in a sense, but the "look at pep's first season, and what followed" is complete lunacy re. Sarri

Pep had a much easier job at City than Sarri is having now at Chelsea so in that sense the comparison is madness. Sarri is asked to change the philosophy of the team entirely and deliver results in the process, kinda like being asked to turn Soviet Union into capitalist market economy in 6 months and expecting it to be a smooth process. Pep took over a squad that was used to playing possession football and the club had done everything to make the transition easy as possible for him.

Is there a managerial change to which Sarri's current term can be compared? I can't remember any top club in Europe changing their philosophy from counter attacking to possession football in such a radical way as we're doing now.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Pep had a much easier job at City than Sarri is having now at Chelsea so in that sense the comparison is madness. Sarri is asked to change the philosophy of the team entirely and deliver results in the process, kinda like being asked to turn Soviet Union into capitalist market economy in 6 months and expecting it to be a smooth process. Pep took over a squad that was used to playing possession football and the club had done everything to make the transition easy as possible for him.

Is there a managerial change to which Sarri's current term can be compared? I can't remember any top club in Europe changing their philosophy from counter attacking to possession football in such a radical way as we're doing now.

Nope. Sarri is just suck. He has to be more flexible. Instead on insisting playing possession football he need to play on counter more. So ask the player to press one game and drop back the other game. Play long ball in one game and play short passing the next. I am pretty sure by the end of the season they would have mastered all of them. 

Plus he should have played odoi more. It doesn't matter that hazard is poor defensively he need to play odoi more acrros from Hazard. Oh I forget, false 9 is dumb. You cannot cheat by playing Hazard as striker. We have two strikers, one of them need to play. 

Have to admit I'm happy with the way we set up today, no dellusional possession cravings, playing for the win.

Still deservedly one defeat away from the sack but at least he will have got the fanbase and club's attention with this first half.

Maybe a first step on the wya of changing his approach to last on this football club, just sad that it took him multiple spankings to do so.

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk