Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, manpe said:

I don't think they necessarily pushed for exclusively defensive players. Conte wanted Sandro to replace Alonso for example. It's just that the board bought shit and that lack of quality forced Conte to play defensively.

No bud didn't mean necessarily BUYING defensive players (tho it's a shame Conte didn't get some of his wants) but having the ones we had defending at all cost. So much so that their natural instinct to attack and score goals wtent by the wayside.

What Sarri is now doing tho is using the players that Mou and the Don bought (along with some who was already here pre Mou mkII) and trying to get them to play his way of football.

Hes trying to make a silk sheet out of a patchwork quilt.

I'm not making any excuses for Sarri as I think hes at fault too but this aint no 1 sided problem we have. And it won't be solved purely by getting a new manager no matter who it is.

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

No bud didn't mean necessarily BUYING defensive players (tho it's a shame Conte didn't get some of his wants) but having the ones we had defending at all cost. So much so that their natural instinct to attack and score goals wtent by the wayside.

What Sarri is now doing tho is using the players that Mou and the Don bought (along with some who was already here pre Mou mkII) and trying to get them to play his way of football.

Hes trying to make a silk sheet out of a patchwork quilt.

I'm not making any excuses for Sarri as I think hes at fault too but this aint no 1 sided problem we have. And it won't be solved purely by getting a new manager no matter who it is.

I completely agree. 

besides this, for years fans were asking for someone with attacking mentality, now there is one coach with offensive mentality 

that he is trying to begin a difficult process of changing and he is criticized because of the results (the truth is this)  

people believe that you can switch from a defensive football to an offensive football in 6 months, with the same players that last year 

played counter-attack football. :cig:

need patience here, and to be united, the fans, the players, the coach, the board, to go beyond their limits and improving year after year 

15 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

I hope he stays too. Am sick to death of this merry go round of managers and players, so what we are losing, when had learning a completely different style of play ever been easy. You learn more about your self and the team when your at your worst, some times u have to take a couple of steps back to go forward. And in regards to he only makes the same subs...... Who the fuck eles do we actually have to bring on? 

the subs are inexcusable.  Who else do we have to bring on? There is options, he just needs to be flexible.  Its really not rocket science, he is too stubborn

Any other manager, would come in and make use of the squad and vary the subs.  Because they adjust. Any top top manager adjusts, and adapts.  It's nothing admirable on Sarri's part, its foolishness

Zappacosta for Azpilicueta was arguably the worst sub you'll see this season.  Inexcusable. Infact, it was baffling. 

We will win tonight quite comfortably youd imagine, but it's Malmo.  Even Blackpool would give them a game. (mind you, we'd have lost last week if it were a decent outfit)  I have never approached a final with such dread. I'd love to see this sarriball in action, at its best.

But i also want the club to appoint a manager with some nous and understanding how to change a football match and improve your chances of winning

17 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

I completely agree. 

besides this, for years fans were asking for someone with attacking mentality, now there is one coach with offensive mentality 

that he is trying to begin a difficult process of changing and he is criticized because of the results (the truth is this)  

people believe that you can switch from a defensive football to an offensive football in 6 months, with the same players that last year 

played counter-attack football. :cig:

need patience here, and to be united, the fans, the players, the coach, the board, to go beyond their limits and improving year after year 

I get what you're saying, this is something I'd been saying until recently and in general it is true. But you just have to look at what Sarri is and isn't doing and it becomes clear that he doesn't have what it takes to lead us to success. You have a winger (CHO) and a striker (Giroud) on the bench, yet he brings on a defender for a defender in a competition you're about to crash out from, nothing to lose anymore - all to win. Defender for a defender, fuck's sake. :middlefinger: It's not an isolated case either, his game management has been shit all season when things get tough, but that one just took the cake. Predictability? The easiest manager to plan against, you know every single time how and who he will play and what his subs will be. Defeatist comments in pressers? I'd rather take "suffering" than somebody who flat out admits he's got no idea.

If he showed some reactions and some signs that he knows what he's doing and changing things up while maintaining his core philosophy and improving the team (the infamous Pep and Klopp comparisons, but they at least tried different things until they got where they wanted)... but it's not been like that! No reaction, no nothing. Aurelio De Laurentiis had a point about him.

17 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Zappacosta for Azpilicueta was arguably the worst sub you'll see this season.  Inexcusable. Infact, it was baffling. 

We will win tonight quite comfortably youd imagine, but it's Malmo.  Even Blackpool would give them a game. (mind you, we'd have lost last week if it were a decent outfit)  I have never approached a final with such dread. I'd love to see this sarriball in action, at its best.

But i also want the club to appoint a manager with some nous and understanding how to change a football match and improve your chances of winning

Carlo used to do that. It's something the Italians see that we don't. 

35 minutes ago, manpe said:

I get what you're saying, this is something I'd been saying until recently and in general it is true. But you just have to look at what Sarri is and isn't doing and it becomes clear that he doesn't have what it takes to lead us to success. You have a winger (CHO) and a striker (Giroud) on the bench, yet he brings on a defender for a defender in a competition you're about to crash out from, nothing to lose anymore - all to win. Defender for a defender, fuck's sake. :middlefinger: It's not an isolated case either, his game management has been shit all season when things get tough, but that one just took the cake. Predictability? The easiest manager to plan against, you know every single time how and who he will play and what his subs will be. Defeatist comments in pressers? I'd rather take "suffering" than somebody who flat out admits he's got no idea.

If he showed some reactions and some signs that he knows what he's doing and changing things up while maintaining his core philosophy and improving the team (the infamous Pep and Klopp comparisons, but they at least tried different things until they got where they wanted)... but it's not been like that! No reaction, no nothing. Aurelio De Laurentiis had a point about him.

1) the sub question:  also in napoli he made the same sub, always the same at the same minute,  so if the board take him, the board must know this 

2) predictability: his game becomes predictable because some players don't respect his indications: it's from september that he talks about movements without the ball, but hazard, willian, kovacic are just not good in that. If in a possession football, players don't go without the ball the entire system doesn't work (see how city plays, with sane and sterling) 

3)defeatist comments in pressers: like point 1. the same was in napoli experience 

4) I think that he will change something if the board gives him some time 

4 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

1) the sub question:  also in napoli he made the same sub, always the same at the same minute,  so if you (the board) take him, you (the board) must know this 

2) predictability: his game becomes predictable because some players don't respect his indications: it's from september that he talks about movements without the ball, but hazard, willian, kovacic are just not good in that. If in a possession football, players don't go without the ball the entire system doesn't work (see how city plays, with sane and sterling) 

3)defeatist comments in pressers: like point 1. the same was in napoli experience 

4) I think that he will change something if the board gives him some time 

I don't care what he did in Napoli and our board has proven to be clueless time and time again. I now see the reality of who he is and I don't like it. I knew he got Napoli playing some delicious stuff, but had no idea he was so stubborn... I also can't see such a one-dimensional manager winning anything meaningful. It's all tease and no cumshot with him.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

I don't care what he did in Napoli and our board has proven to be clueless time and time again. I now see the reality of who he is and I don't like it. I knew he got Napoli playing some delicious stuff, but had no idea he was so stubborn... I also can't see such a one-dimensional manager winning anything meaningful. It's all tease and no cumshot with him.

you don't care but it is important. the board can't buy apples and then complain because they are not bananas 

you don't care but it is important. you (the board) can't buy apples and then complain because they are not bananas 
I don't know why you're equaling me to the board. I'm not talking on their behalf.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

the subs are inexcusable.  Who else do we have to bring on? There is options, he just needs to be flexible.  Its really not rocket science, he is too stubborn

Any other manager, would come in and make use of the squad and vary the subs.  Because they adjust. Any top top manager adjusts, and adapts.  It's nothing admirable on Sarri's part, its foolishness

Sarri was brought in to make us adjust to his style. Not the other way round 

17 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Don't feel i am missing the point here, just pointing out something that is key factor and that leads to a misleading statistics.

There is no doubt Pep struggled in his first year. But ultimately the difference between that and his current side is quarter of billion pound investment. 

This team is spiraling out of control, and Sarri is doing nothing to change that. There is mountain of difference between pep and Sarri, Pep is an attacking coach while Sarri is a systematic coach. One attempted various formations and lineup, while the other is fixated on the same thing game after game. Embarrassing displays after another. 

You also have to take into account the budget both managers are given 

Just now, ChelseaFanUK said:

and its not working with what he has at his disposal, so he now needs to adjust to make it work.

No we need to back him in every way possible And he needs to stay as he is so when players do come in the entire system and training program is already in place.