Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

THIS utterly sums up Sarri

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/sarri-on-kante-position-i-need-a-player-to-move-the-ball/dicj1z2l8vtz18tz4ii1zgo37

snip

As he looks for a way to salvage his side's season, Sarri was asked if his insistence on playing Kante out of his natural role could be harming his side, and the Italian explained the France star does not have the right characteristics to play there in his style.

"In that position, I want a player able to move the ball very fast," he said at a press conference. "This is not the best characteristic of N'Golo. N'Golo is very useful for us, but this one is not his best characteristic."

When it was pointed out that the midfielder has won a World Cup and two Premier League titles, Sarri replied: "But in another system."

snip

He has to go.

3 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Think every one is missing the point... pep also struggled his first season yes he didn't loose 4-0 or 6-0 but u have to remember results ain't exactly the same for every manager in there first season. 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Europa league is helping Sarri winning percentage considerably, he has 7 wins out of 7. Pep had 2W 3D and 1L in the CL group stage. 

both valid points.

The squads are nothing alike either. I see some folks around here who bash a lot of our players, while also here bashing Sarri. So, which one is it? I'm not saying they are mutually exclusive, just that one point diminishes the other... If Sarri has such a terrible squad with so inapt FBs and (before Higuain) striker, and wingers, how come he's doing so terrible a job considering the lack of quality he has at his disposal?

Could it be that Sarri is the same manager we originally signed: not a winner, not top tier, and his silverware count hasn't really changed since then. And we have a good/decent squad for a top team, which is only truly competitive when all players are giving 100% - and they are not at the moment.

10 hours ago, zekinjo said:

0188A4AB-A9A4-42CC-923D-5B61E10F98A0.thumb.jpeg.28f1fd2d91ab0938c2d2cef9c1ea4603.jpeg

at the end of the day it means fuck all if the board doesnt do their job, Guardiola got his targets and cleared out the deadwood after his 1st season, and he finished in the top 4 as a bonus, something we dont look too likely to accomplish as things stand at the moment, and lets not even compare one manager to the other, Pep has won it all while Sarri is clutching at straws with his so called Sarriball. Pep has got the full support from the City board and its clear they have very competent people working there, unlike our shit board, we have no clear vision for the future, making continuous mistakes like renewing contracts of shit players like Alonso, allowing very talentedplayers like Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, etc to leave without any proper buyback clauses, penny pinching on transfer targets and allowing rivals and other clubs to snatch them under our noses, buying bust players like Drinkwater, Barkley, Bakayoko, Morata, etc and the list goes on. We are a big mess atm

7 hours ago, the wes said:

Maurizio Sarri tells Chelsea fans that he won't be changing tactics

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurizio-sarri-tells-chelsea-fans-14029209

what a surprise... clueless bellend

3 hours ago, Robchels said:

we have a good/decent squad for a top team, which is only truly competitive when all players are giving 100%

But we Don't!!

They Don't!

We dont have players suited to this style of football.

We either have to buy fully - 100% into it, re build the team to reflect what he is trying to do.

Or we give up again and get the managers revolving door out again who will have the same bunch of players that need to be rebuilt!

9 hours ago, 0007 said:

In his first season City  got 10 points from the matches against the other 5  teams in the "Big Six". Our current tally is 7 points and we still have 3 games to play. They didn't reach any of the domestic cups' finals(in fact, they were eliminated by the only two big opponents they faced - Arsenal and MU, while we've already beaten Tottenham and Liverpool), Monaco eliminated them early in the CL's knockout stage and they  had only 5 points more than us at the same stage of the season(and they even failed to win the next 4 games - 3 draws and 1 loss). 

They lost back-to-back games(against us and against City) in which they conceded 7 goals and were hammered by Everton(4:0) a month later. They won only one out of six  games between 8th  March and 5th April. 

Sure but with the way things are going, Sarri will end up with zero trophy and a worse record than Guardiola, that is assuming he stays till the end of the season.

9 hours ago, 0007 said:

The problem is the difference between Sarri's and Guardiola's backgrounds. But let's not pretend that City were world-beaters back then. 

I don't think I was pretending City were world beaters back then and no, the difference between Sarri and Guardiola is that while they both play attacking football, Guardiola is far more adaptable in his methods to achieve that style while Sarri is stuck with his predictable, one tricky pony method to implement the style. The fact that we're playing bingo with Sarri's subs each game these days says it all. 

6 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

but the board are the ones who dictate tranfers not the managers, they have no vision.

Mou did not want Lukaku, kdb and salah. I understand if they are youth player but they are not. People want the board to support the manager, so they sold the player that the manager did not want and signed (Diego, Cesc, filipe Luis and Willian) players that the manager want. 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Mou did not want Lukaku, kdb and salah. I understand if they are youth player but they are not. People want the board to support the manager, so they sold the player that the manager did not want and signed (Diego, Cesc, filipe Luis and Willian) players that the manager want. 

like i said before the board have no vision, regardless of who the manager wants or not.

Sometimes you need to touch very bottom to really start rebuilding things. More and more I want just that scenario to happen. I am sick of this, every two years, having false hope and false image of our team and club as a whole. We are cheaply stitching scar after scar every year, but it would be healthier to just go to the hospital.

Touch the fucking bottom. Reveal all of our mistakes. And then let's start again. Maybe that shakes whole club up.

11 minutes ago, El P. said:

Sometimes you need to touch very bottom to really start rebuilding things. More and more I want just that scenario to happen. I am sick of this, every two years, having false hope and false image of our team and club as a whole. We are cheaply stitching scar after scar every year, but it would be healthier to just go to the hospital.

Touch the fucking bottom. Reveal all of our mistakes. And then let's start again. Maybe that shakes whole club up.

let's wait the next summer, with the departures of hazard, luiz, willian, drinkwater, moses, giroud, cahill, zappacosta, kovacic 

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

but the board are the ones who dictate tranfers not the managers, they have no vision.

Nah, always both. You can't sell or buy player without at least letting the manager know beforehand. Put it this way if Mou said kdb, salah and Lukaku is important part of my squad, we wil not let them go. 

3 hours ago, El P. said:

At this point I personally don't care anymore if they fire Sarri because the pressure on Sarri is too much. I have a feeling he will get fired sooner rather than later because most Chelsea fans doesn't like Sarri football although big picture wise we are not in a very bad spot. They much prefer we go back to Conte/Mou football. I remember somebody in this forum while watching El classico mentioned that we should teach this team how to defend. I was amazed, you can't ask team to play offensive football and sit deep for long period of time. That is not how they defend. 

Sarri mistake imo was telling the board that we only need one player (jorginho) and this team can play his football. I'll be surprised if he honestly think that is the case right now. 

For me decide what the team want to be. If they want to play Sarri style then stick at least with him till next year. Don't listen to the pundit, most of them have no clue what they are talking about. If they decide nope, this sarri experiment is not working. Then hire maybe a coach like simeone. By doing this at least our transfer policy align well. If keep changing between different playstyle, it will be a mess. 

17 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Ive said it before. Its because the previous 2 managers (and the board) brought in players that suited their defensive ways of playing.

I don't think they necessarily pushed for exclusively defensive players. Conte wanted Sandro to replace Alonso for example. It's just that the board bought shit and that lack of quality forced Conte to play defensively.