Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

0188A4AB-A9A4-42CC-923D-5B61E10F98A0.thumb.jpeg.28f1fd2d91ab0938c2d2cef9c1ea4603.jpeg

1. Did Guardiola lose 4-0 and 6-0 in the space of 3 games?

2. A win is a win but to put it into context. 6 of Sarri's 27 wins came against poor Europa League oppositions.

3. Comparing 56 games to 42 games is absolutely stupid. Playing another 14 games and I'm sure Sarri would win less than 7 games!

The whole hiring of Mourinho cost us dearly for many reasons 

Because before him we was starting to progress with Benitez into a more attack minded team. 

We got rid of of him because of the fans and appointed the fans choice...

That changed the whole vision of where the club wanted to go and we got stuck in a mess ever since. 

We are in a cross road again here and if we do the fans choice it will cost us again. 

We want to go attacking minded, then this time keep at it. Even if we sack Sarri go for manager that would go with the vision. 

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. Did Guardiola lose 4-0 and 6-0 in the space of 3 games?

2. A win is a win but to put it into context. 6 of Sarri's 27 wins came against poor Europa League oppositions.

3. Comparing 56 games to 42 games is absolutely stupid. Playing another 14 games and I'm sure Sarri would win less than 7 games!

In his first season City  got 10 points from the matches against the other 5  teams in the "Big Six". Our current tally is 7 points and we still have 3 games to play. They didn't reach any of the domestic cups' finals(in fact, they were eliminated by the only two big opponents they faced - Arsenal and MU, while we've already beaten Tottenham and Liverpool), Monaco eliminated them early in the CL's knockout stage and they  had only 5 points more than us at the same stage of the season(and they even failed to win the next 4 games - 3 draws and 1 loss). 

They lost back-to-back games(against us and against City) in which they conceded 7 goals and were hammered by Everton(4:0) a month later. They won only one out of six  games between 8th  March and 5th April. 

The problem is the difference between Sarri's and Guardiola's backgrounds. But let's not pretend that City were world-beaters back then. 

I was all for backing Sarri at one point, i just wanted to see how Hazard, Jorginho etc would suit 'sarriball' in the EPL. But lately he just seems bewildered, as if the job is too big for him.  He cant fathom how his football wont work yet, and that it should be working no matter what, hence the constant blame of players; and lack of personnel change.  when a manager absolutely refuses to budge on his tactics, but just blames mentality, it makes you wonder.   Yes i also think its true that players are sick of it

I know Napoli played nice football, albeit not for the entire season, but I am curious as to why on earth we hired him?  Marina was a big advocate of his. But supposedly the rest of the board were against it.

He is 60, and has won absolutely zilch.  Yes his system can be nice when played properly, but if i owned this club, I'd have laughed his CV all the way into the bin. Hand on heart, I'd have chosen Blanc out of the 2

Biggest concern for Sarri? The fans have turned on him. And a 5-0 thumping of Malmo will do fuck all to please them, nor will it encourage the board to keep him. 

Beating Malmo is hardly an achievement, is it? They havent played a proper game besides last week, since December

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Maurizio Sarri tells Chelsea fans that he won't be changing tactics

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurizio-sarri-tells-chelsea-fans-14029209

giphy.gif

Can't blame him, for some it looks like stubbornness but also confidence that his system will work if he keeps faithful to it. If he was ticking it many would say he isn't confident in his ideology and that's poor for a manager. Let's see what happens with City.

26 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Can't blame him, for some it looks like stubbornness but also confidence that his system will work if he keeps faithful to it. If he was ticking it many would say he isn't confident in his ideology and that's poor for a manager. Let's see what happens with City.

He is INSANE to not switch formations and totally switch tactics with these mostly SHIT players we have

I mean shit now as the now is the temporal vector we all inhabit, I am not talking about 3, 5 years ago

in terms of a straight Sarriball 4 3 3 

we lack

one CB (Luiz is joke, a bad one)

2 Fullbacks (BOTH are sub par, Alonso massively so, Azpi is spent and inept offensively)

2 or 3 midfielders (Kante will never work out in Sarriball, unless we get a vastly better DH DMF (Jorginho is an EPL fraud) AND a killer AMF)

a RW (both are laughably poor, and I am NOT yet at all sold on Pulisic, other than as a marketing bonanza)

a CF (NOT at ALL sold on Higs, he has massive flop potential written all over him, so hope I am dead wrong)

that's 7 or 8 of the outfield 10 that need replacing to play Sarriball

ZERO chance Roman backs the board to liquidate and then WC upgrade the team

its not going to happen

he doesn't give a toss anymore

The club needs to be sold.

7 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I hope that Sarri will keep the job, if not only to see the posters dragging him through the dirt now complementing him and saying he is the best around later!

I hope he stays too. Am sick to death of this merry go round of managers and players, so what we are losing, when had learning a completely different style of play ever been easy. You learn more about your self and the team when your at your worst, some times u have to take a couple of steps back to go forward. And in regards to he only makes the same subs...... Who the fuck eles do we actually have to bring on? 

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Maurizio Sarri tells Chelsea fans that he won't be changing tactics

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurizio-sarri-tells-chelsea-fans-14029209

He does right sick to death of the player power here!!!!! Don't wanna play attacking football... Don't wanna play defensive football counter attacking football....... what the fuck do they wanna play? Seems to many players are here for the pay cheque only.

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Europa league is helping Sarri winning percentage considerably, he has 7 wins out of 7. Pep had 2W 3D and 1L in the CL group stage. 

Think every one is missing the point... pep also struggled his first season yes he didn't loose 4-0 or 6-0 but u have to remember results ain't exactly the same for every manager in there first season. 

4 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Think every one is missing the point... pep also struggled his first season yes he didn't loose 4-0 or 6-0 but u have to remember results ain't exactly the same for every manager in there first season. 

I wonder how many points we would have right now if Higuain had come here in July. Remember all those games where the team still had at least an ounce of confidence but Morata/Giroud just couldn't finish? Back when the team still could create plenty of chances and defense was solid as a rock. Lost a lot of points in October/November/December simply because of poor finishing and then that false 9 experiment somehow managed to kill our momentum entirely 

22 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

This team is spiraling out of control

at EVERY level except the fucking sponsorships that allow the cunts on the board brag about 'record profits'

the new stadium was cancelled, the current set-up is costing us hundreds of millions of quid in lost revenue over a medium to longer term event horizon

the owner is globally targeted as a Putin money-man and is being passively hunted, has been refused a visa, and refused entry if he works in country at all, AND if shit really hits the fan, we may be seized (NOT a joke at all)

we have not had a DoF now for ages, the board is utterly numpty as fuck in terms of football IQ

we are potentially facing two full years of both transfer and Euro footie bans, yet no urgency detected

we have an insane amount of loan army players who NEED to be sold (promote 3, keep 8 others) as there is more than likely a hard cap coming in and the market will be saturated and we will yet again get raped on the sell price

we turned down £620m in fucking hard, real offers this past summer, now we will get raped as players leave on frees, or for pennies on the pound

we have made insanely poor buys (DRINKWATER!!! as exhibit fucking A) and hires, due to factors listed above and yet very little of these have been sorted yet on a perm basis

we have RENEWED shit players or players who are rapidly falling back to an unacceptable level due to age and wear and tear

The team is long term being destroyed as a football WC power right in front of our eyes.

It is criminal that this is being tolerated to the level it is.

The team desperately needs to be sold.