Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, Fernando said:

I do, for the same reason I wanted to keep Conte. 

We need to get rid of many players and build on the managers identity. 

It was much easier with Conte because we are build for that, with Sarri much harder and expected to be like this. Even hard results to take it was something expected as well on my part. 

+1

find it funny this moaning for conte, when this time last year all you can read the same shit just replace sarri with contes name.

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

+1

find it funny this moaning for conte, when this time last year all you can read the same shit just replace sarri with contes name.

Next year will be someone else and the following year again someone else... unfortunately all football fans expect something to happen overnight. It doesnt. 

At the time we were linked with Sarri, while Conte was still here the majority didnt gave a shit about lack of rotation, no trophies and a stubbornness with playing style. That is the reality. Everyone sat with hards on over how Pep and Klopps teams played and wanted us to change and be more attacking. It is really quite strange that people expected this change to happen overnight, with only 3 players signing (Kepa, Jorginho and Higuain). Yes Sarri isnt on those managers level either but his Napoli probably would of beaten us quite easily. Theres no doubt this particular squad has limitations, it always has, even when we won leagues under Jose and Conte. Both who were hugely criticized for their playing style by many on here. I honestly think we must be the most ungrateful fan base in the world 😂

7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I also still want Sarri to stay and for me the results are not the problem (this was very much expected) but rather the manner in which the defeats have come. His tactical inflexibility, incredibly poor in-game management and lack of rotation have also become a great concern. If he addressed at least two of these concerns somehow, just to show that he isn't as suicidal as he seems right now, then I'd be more than happy to back him 100% and give him enough time to overhaul the squad (even if that means selling Hazard, Kante etc.). I am really sick and tired of this never ending managerial chaos at this club.

That's it. Its the predictablity of his line ups.. Subs. We've lost 5 out the last 10 games played.  The way we've lost as well. Not even the stupid 6-0 but the other score lines. 

We're not attacking I don't know what we're doing. Pass pass off the other lot go and score. 

Be happy to have another season if he showed potential.. But he hasn't. And considering more likely next season be in Europa again... 

I'm still surprised at his hiring and that he's still here. Though from sounds only matter of games. Feel sorry for him for getting booed but his subs... He must be taking the piss 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Kante puts better shift forward than Kovacic, Jorginho and Barkley combined. He is nowhere near maestro when it comes to passing, creating or shooting on target, but compared to those three, he looks like socond coming of Zidane. 

I have never seen such passive performances by midfielders like those three. All they know is pass sideways and simple stuff. No one shoots on target, makes through balls, dribbles past the lines etc. Kante isnt great either, but still decent. 

Its disgrace that Sarri wants Kante to be something he is not and then blame him, meanwhile his boys Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley get instructions to rotate the ball with side passing until game is done and get away when they are infact creative midfielders and especialy Kova and Barkley should break the lines with dribbles and then create chances, yet they dont.

Man doesnt know what he is doing. He has his picture in head that his RM should be this, his LM should be that etc...and he doesnt have tactical ability to switch those roles. He will rather force entire squad to play positions they are not great at/used to instead of adopting to the players at disposal. 

And the excuses are getting pathetic. Fuck off if he thinks Kante isnt Xavi. He is DM and Sarri put him in new position, because he prefers Jorginho to be in holding spot. Everyone understands that. But if that doesnt work, its on Sarri, not Kante being techincaly limited. 

You dont put Messi in CB spot and then complain he is too short. 

Because at the end of the day, Kante is absolute quality player, its Sarri who is lacking.

Again he is not a DM, hes never played a fixed position, he never has. He was a box to box player really. So playing him in Jorginhos position isnt going to do anything different really. How many tackles has Kante made in the middle and final third this season? Hes maybe not made as many as he did under Conte but again we have more of the ball, compared to the last 2 seasons. I dont see Kante being wasted so to speak, hes not gonna be hugely creative but his final pass and involvement in the build up has improved. Hes not Xavi but nobody expects him to be. Barkley and Kovacics position is the issue for our midfield.

Also Sarri forcing players to positions they srent used to? Are you serious? Which manager hasnt done that at least once in the last 10+ years? Anelka played as a right winger depsite being a striker, Ballack played as a DM despite being a CM, Essien played as a RB despite being a CM... Di Matteo played Ramires at RW, Bertrand as a LW, Eden as a false 9... Jose played Azpi as a LB, RLC as a DM, Mata as a right winger, Eden as a false 9.... Conte played Moses as a wingback, Hazard as a false 9, RLC as a striker... You would think Sarri was the only manager in football history to have done it reading this forum and some of it is quite embarrassing. Some have worked better than others but Kante has hardly played poorly in that position over the course of the season either. Jorginho is getting a lot of flack but like Mikel years ago his job isnt to score and assist goals... Sure Jorgi can play better but he can probably play a lot worse I am sure of it. The final third and left side of the defense is the biggest issues in our team.

32 minutes ago, whats happening said:

+1

We could have been relegated this season and it still wouldn't exonerate Conte for that shitshow 6 months (FA Cup run aside).

33 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I do, for the same reason I wanted to keep Conte. 

We need to get rid of many players and build on the managers identity. 

It was much easier with Conte because we are build for that, with Sarri much harder and expected to be like this. Even hard results to take it was something expected as well on my part. 

Thats what one of the problems is,

Ive said it before. Its because the previous 2 managers (and the board) brought in players that suited their defensive ways of playing.

The players we have no are all a missmatch of not 1 particular way of playing.

They were told so often to defend at all cost that their natural instincts to go forward has been played out of them.

Thats how I see it

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

At the time we were linked with Sarri, while Conte was still here the majority didnt gave a shit about lack of rotation, no trophies and a stubbornness with playing style. That is the reality. Everyone sat with hards on over how Pep and Klopps teams played and wanted us to change and be more attacking. It is really quite strange that people expected this change to happen overnight, with only 3 players signing (Kepa, Jorginho and Higuain). Yes Sarri isnt on those managers level either but his Napoli probably would of beaten us quite easily. Theres no doubt this particular squad has limitations, it always has, even when we won leagues under Jose and Conte. Both who were hugely criticized for their playing style by many on here. I honestly think we must be the most ungrateful fan base in the world 😂

Upto last month i would have agreed, i actually felt we were progressing the style quietly well, but the recent capilualations are inexhaustible.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Upto last month i would have agreed, i actually felt we were progressing the style quietly well, but the recent capilualations are inexhaustible.

True but a defensive line whos left side is that weak and always a target plus a forward line thats probably not got as rigorous defensive instructions, what do you expect? We are always going to be exposed because teams are always going to hit us on the counter attack now.  Theyre doing what we did to teams years ago. The style change is obvious to see still, we play out, dominate the ball the majority of the time but teams like that are probably easier to play against than teams in a low block with 10 behind the ball. Unless youve got a front 3 like Barcas, Citys, Liverpools where they 9 times out of 10 produce. For instance, if we hired Simeone tomorrow and went to play like Atletico there would be uproar. Or played like Bayern did vs Liverpool. Although it works clear as day. 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Interesting how it nearly always falls apart around Christmas. It's as if it comes to as a surprise to the foreign coaches that there's no winter break in England

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again he is not a DM, hes never played a fixed position, he never has. He was a box to box player really. So playing him in Jorginhos position isnt going to do anything different really. How many tackles has Kante made in the middle and final third this season? Hes maybe not made as many as he did under Conte but again we have more of the ball, compared to the last 2 seasons. I dont see Kante being wasted so to speak, hes not gonna be hugely creative but his final pass and involvement in the build up has improved. Hes not Xavi but nobody expects him to be. Barkley and Kovacics position is the issue for our midfield.

Also Sarri forcing players to positions they srent used to? Are you serious? Which manager hasnt done that at least once in the last 10+ years? Anelka played as a right winger depsite being a striker, Ballack played as a DM despite being a CM, Essien played as a RB despite being a CM... Di Matteo played Ramires at RW, Bertrand as a LW, Eden as a false 9... Jose played Azpi as a LB, RLC as a DM, Mata as a right winger, Eden as a false 9.... Conte played Moses as a wingback, Hazard as a false 9, RLC as a striker... You would think Sarri was the only manager in football history to have done it reading this forum and some of it is quite embarrassing. Some have worked better than others but Kante has hardly played poorly in that position over the course of the season either. Jorginho is getting a lot of flack but like Mikel years ago his job isnt to score and assist goals... Sure Jorgi can play better but he can probably play a lot worse I am sure of it. The final third and left side of the defense is the biggest issues in our team.

I didnt even want Kante to play holding DM, because like you said he isnt one. Saying Jorginho shouldnt be DM or Kante shouldnt be b2b doesnt equal wanting Kante as holding DM mate.

What should be done is Kante Jorginho pivot. Sarri says he wont play double pivot because Jorginho isnt suited for that though, but at same time he plays Kante in role he feels isnt suited for either. Double standards.

I dont mind the lack of results under Sarri tbh. It was always hard for us change style and it will take two seasons at least. 

But the way we lost, by such margin to City or Bournemouth. And the fact he doesnt use youth. He doesnt change anything. Anything. Thats what pisses me off.

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I didnt even want Kante to play holding DM, because like you said he isnt one. Saying Jorginho shouldnt be DM or Kante shouldnt be b2b doesnt equal wanting Kante as holding DM mate.

What should be done is Kante Jorginho pivot. Sarri says he wont play double pivot because Jorginho isnt suited for that though, but at same time he plays Kante in role he feels isnt suited for either. Double standards.

I dont mind the lack of results under Sarri tbh. It was always hard for us change style and it will take two seasons at least. 

But the way we lost, by such margin to City or Bournemouth. And the fact he doesnt use youth. He doesnt change anything. Anything. Thats what pisses me off.

I think we can all agree on that Kante-Jorginho pivot thing – it's something that should be tried. And you're wrong about Jorginho not being suited to that role, he played next to Allan in a double pivot at Napoli when they were playing 4-2-3-1. Why isn't Sarri at least trying this here is a mystery

38 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Nah, many knew it will take time. And we still do. Its not the results. Just because some want Sarri out, you cant say we are impatient. 

I dont mind shit results mate. I dont care if we go trophyless this season. It will take next season too to fully adopt. Its something most fans prepared for. 

BUT you have bad results and you have absolutely shite results. Worse in our PL history. And then the reaction to that. No change. ZERO. Then we go on more defeats and still, again no change after. Starting 11, subs, tactics, formations,...everything stays the same, while we continue to play shit.

Nail in the coffin is playing no youth. If people want to compare Sarri with Klopp or Pep, then check how much they play young players. 

Results are one thing, but there is a million other things wrong with Sarri that justify the sacking.

Regarding Conte, I personaly wasnt anti Conte, but when squad isnt behind you, you have to go. Doesnt matter if we want him to stay or not, the situation was that he simply had to go.

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I think we can all agree on that Kante-Jorginho pivot thing – it's something that should be tried. And you're wrong about Jorginho not being suited to that role, he played next to Allan in a double pivot at Napoli when they were playing 4-2-3-1. Why isn't Sarri at least trying this here is a mystery

Im not wrong I dont know Jorginho personaly mate. But Sarri said so and thats why he doesnt play us in such formation.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Oh dear...Sky Sports has done it again.

They did not level the playing field here with the games total. Shameful, and this should be ignored.

Pep 41 trophies for club and country as player and manager

Sarri ZERO