Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I desperately wanted midfielder that is more dynamic than that granny Cesc. We got one. This alone will make wonders IMO. A LB would also be nice if we are about to go back to 4atb, but I will give Emerson a chance. We also need either RW or Striker, some fresh quality. If we can get Bailey or some quality striker, it wouldnt be bad window, that is if we keep Hazard and Tibo (now that Alisson and Leno are no longer available, Oblak will not move, Tibo as much I dont like him, he is best GK we can have for next season)

We need 3 to  have a go

Why do you say RW OR ST?? We need both mate. None of our current RW or ST are good enough to be blunt.

And if we are hoping Luiz or Ampadu will be good enough as starters youre dreaming. I have high hopes for Ampadu but hes not a starter yet. I cant see AC ready for big games but fine for 50%. We need to give Sarri what hes asked for back there. I cant see him asking for the sake of his health.

I HOPE Barkley will be fine as 3rd CM but it saddens me no Savic not even Golo.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Yeah we can.  You've been reading about how shit everyone is on this forum too much.

We were 2nd midway through the season.  Then Conte went full on with the hissy fits and the team folded.  And after all of that, we still didn't miss out until the 2nd last match of the season.

I really dont get easily swayed (tho I can be calmed down and listen to the trees as in the case of Robert Green earlier)

I just dont see the spots i mentioned above are near good enough IF we want to end up top 4..

OK we MIGHT get 6 or 7 but taking everything into account I see is having a rough start.

Jorgi boy built my hopes up so much and it's heartbreaking bot to give him the players to make the most of him.

19 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I know (well at least I really soddin HOPE) that this is a load of shite but I posted this when it 1st came out and its in the back of my mind

Chelsea transfer news: Roman Abramovich makes £60million transfer decision

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH has told Chelsea chiefs that the new manager won't have more than £60million to spend.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/978754/Chelsea-transfer-news-Roman-Abramovich

Stop trolling, if it is the express it is almost certainly a lie. 

Just now, kiwi1691 said:

The tabloids lie often re transfers, that is indisputable. The express know that a headline like that will get many hits. 

If you dont want to read it then dont. But dont begin to tell me what to fuckin do mate!

Did you see the bit that was in front of it?

19 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I know (well at least I really soddin HOPE) that this is a load of shite but I posted this when it 1st came out and its in the back of my mind

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

If you dont want to read it then dont. But dont begin to tell me what to fuckin do mate!

Did you see the bit that was in front of it?

You are spreading fake news, so you should be criticised. 

26 minutes ago, Mana said:

We won’t get top 4 with this current squad. Take off your blue tinted glasses for a minute. The season doesn’t finish midway through the season. We were 5th for the majority of the second half and the 2nd half is what matters, not the first half.

Conte’s hissy fits didn’t make Morata miss basic 1v1 chances. His hissy hits didn’t make Moses, Fabregas and Alonso very limited. His hissy fits didn’t make Baka and Cahill lose possession under no pressure in dangerous areas. His fissy fits didn’t make Willian so shite for the majority of the season. His hissy fits didn’t make Courtois leak silly goals now and again.

Conte is part of the reason we failed but he isn’t THE reason.

In all fairness a change of formation makes quite a change. Assuming the back 4 is Azpi Christensen Rudiger Alonso, then we have swapped Moses for Jorginho which is a huge step forward. Cesc with Kante and Jorginho next to him is putting him in more positions to succeed and less positions to show his weaknesses. 

Bakayoko will essentially be certified 2nd squad. Barkley and Cesc will be ahead of him. If Cahill doesn't leave he will be fourth choice cb. 

As it stands, we can fight for top 4. But it will be tough. 

2 hours ago, Mana said:

We won’t get top 4 with this current squad. Take off your blue tinted glasses for a minute. The season doesn’t finish midway through the season. We were 5th for the majority of the second half and the 2nd half is what matters, not the first half.

Conte’s hissy fits didn’t make Morata miss basic 1v1 chances. His hissy hits didn’t make Moses, Fabregas and Alonso very limited. His hissy fits didn’t make Baka and Cahill lose possession under no pressure in dangerous areas. His fissy fits didn’t make Willian so shite for the majority of the season. His hissy fits didn’t make Courtois leak silly goals now and again.

I think my glasses are pretty clear.

I did not say that Conte was THE reason.  I pointed out his hissy fits AND that the team folded.  

I also never said that we are a shoe-in for top 4.  I said that we CAN.

Blue-tinted glasses :D  Please.  I've had more than my fair share of criticism of the club.  

I simply said that we are able to get in to the top 4.  I never suggested that it would be easy.  I was pointing out that we were in with a shout last season despite all the failings that you've pointed out (and I don't disagree with).

2 hours ago, Mana said:

I believe we are a striker away from being able to challenge again. 

There are obviously weak areas in the team and squad but every club has the same and that can be worked around if we have a striker who is scoring 18-20 league goals a season or more. 

The other key area was a midfielder to help us control the game in the middle of the pitch and we've addressed this. 

Hopefully there will be 2 or 3 more quality additions, but if the club can at least bring in somebody to replace Morata I would be pretty content that we are more than capable of getting back into the top 4 this coming season.

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We need 3 to  have a go

Why do you say RW OR ST?? We need both mate. None of our current RW or ST are good enough to be blunt.

And if we are hoping Luiz or Ampadu will be good enough as starters youre dreaming. I have high hopes for Ampadu but hes not a starter yet. I cant see AC ready for big games but fine for 50%. We need to give Sarri what hes asked for back there. I cant see him asking for the sake of his health.

I HOPE Barkley will be fine as 3rd CM but it saddens me no Savic not even Golo.

I really dont get easily swayed (tho I can be calmed down and listen to the trees as in the case of Robert Green earlier)

I just dont see the spots i mentioned above are near good enough IF we want to end up top 4..

OK we MIGHT get 6 or 7 but taking everything into account I see is having a rough start.

Jorgi boy built my hopes up so much and it's heartbreaking bot to give him the players to make the most of him.

Yes we need both RW and striker, but if we got quality player in either position, that would be enough to challenge top 4 IMO.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I apologise for misreading your post.

I'm just thinking...which team can we replace in the top 4? I'm assuming all of you are gonna say "Spuds", but they are more of a balanced team then we are.

"But...but! New stadium! New atmosphere!" Spuds just finished a season at Wembley, one of their worst grounds to play before the season. Still finished 4th.

"United and Mourinho!" Please PLEASE don't rely on this. We shouldn't pray for United to crumble in order for us to sneak in, because it may never happen. We shouldn't be looking at United, we should be looking at us and how to beat them.

All I'm saying is, if we ever get top 4...it's most likely due to luck or something has happened within other clubs. We may play pretty football and it may be exciting for the next few months, but when we have nothing to show for it, who the feck cares. Again, I'll point to Arsenal 2009-2011.

Also, Arsenal are also in the fight too, don't ever discard them. 

No worries.  This club make it really easy to be pessimistic during silly season.  And, there are a lot of casuals out there that let the trophies mask the deficiencies (I'd argue that this has been happening from before 2012). 

No doubt, this is the toughest campaign yet.  It gets tougher every year.  Even the newly promoted sides are getting quality players in, the league is really strong from top to bottom.

It's going to be really tough.  But, if we were supporters of one of the other top 6, I'd say "don't discard Chelsea" too.

Personally, I think we are in dire need of an attacking mid and a striker. 

Seems like Sarri is getting the same amazing support Conte got.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall of the meet with Roman and Granny yesterday

Can imagine Mz Whiplash took Sarris nads home in a jar so she can stick pins in them thru the season.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Seems like Sarri is getting the same amazing support Conte got.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall of the meet with Roman and Granny yesterday

Can imagine Mz Whiplash took Sarris nads home in a jar so she can stick pins in them thru the season.

and people wondered why he kept moaning about the board... Can't make miracles from nothing! 

34 minutes ago, Mana said:

They wouldn't discard us, but they wouldn't put us in the top 4 in their predictions. We don't have a player in our team that is constant goalscorer. The only real attacking threat we have is Hazard, and we don't even know if he's staying or not.

Point is, they may not completely discard us because "anything can happen". Nothing more. No top 6 club will be scared of our attack. Nobody. In fact, mark Hazard out of the game and you're pretty much set.

25 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

and people wondered why he kept moaning about the board... Can't make miracles from nothing! 

Cant see how peeps see us having a top 4 team as we stand.

We are totally forgetting that we are going to have to use them in a Sarri way and we just dont have the right players to do that well enough in 3 positions and thats if we have managed to highball Edens value high enough to put anyone off. Add him and might as well use this season to practice with and settle for mid table.

I really dont want this to be another 2 minutes after deadline bid going in for someone.

I feel sorry for the old boy already. He look a happy chappy. I really hope he stays that way. He's going to need the patience of a Saint.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Cant see how peeps see us having a top 4 team as we stand.

We are totally forgetting that we are going to have to use them in a Sarri way and we just dont have the right players to do that well enough in 3 positions and thats if we have managed to highball Edens value high enough to put anyone off. Add him and might as well use this season to practice with and settle for mid table.

I really dont want this to be another 2 minutes after deadline bid going in for someone.

I feel sorry for the old boy already. He look a happy chappy. I really hope he stays that way. He's going to need the patience of a Saint.

That was literally said in 2016.

Ofcourse things are not all the same but we have a much better team than people keep making out.