Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

would have happened by now i think.

Probably in the board room trying to tell them Sarri ball will work and Jorginho is a genius.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

No offence but it's hard to take Matt Law seriously when he recently suggested we're a better team with Barkley in the XI.

In Law's defence (and yes stats can flatter to deceive) the statistics he was basing that off of were quite overwhelming. I also think he would seriously have to revisit that after yesterday.

I do agree with your point though.

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sure but let's not pretend Conte didn't ask for some really average (to put it kindly) players as well - e.g. Llorente, Candreva. We would just be replacing crap players with crap players.

Conte replaced Costa with Morata. There is a fair chance this new half-squad would be full of Moratas, if you know what I mean.

He is AVB 2.0 through and through. Plays great, attractive football in the homeland, turns out to be a tactically clueless and inadequate man-managing buffoon in the PL. Around this same stage of the season in '12 we lost 0-2 at Everton in what was one of the most pathetic showings of what was a lousy season bar the CL and FA Cup runs. The cluelessness similarities are huge between those two.

All this naive optimism about him is so irrational. I've seen this downfall coming from miles away ever since Everton when Sigurdsson successfully nullified Jorginho and the house of cards of what is the ''Sarrismo'' orchestra fell apart for all the other upcoming opponents to easily recognize as the main strategical go-to option. The defective signs were there even from the first game at Huddersfield and kept showing throughout all those illusory wins against, among others, Southampton and BATE away. 

As much as I want to be proven wrong, I don't see the plot changing anyhow. It's gonna be the same turgid, predictable football rinse & repeat till he (finally) gets the boot. Jorginho is one of the most inadequate ''elite'' players I've seen of late. The guy is so out of place, he can't defend, knows how to only play one position. Azpi is so overrated with regards to what a modern FB should be. 

I am going to keep this simple

this assumes Eden and CHO leave

Players to keep (or elevate to first team)

Kepa

Bulka

Rudiger

AC

Ampadu

Fikayo Tomori

Reece James

Kante

RLC

Pulisic

Higuain (1 more year on loan, the cut him loose)

Tammy

the rest

SELL or just let walk

they are not good enough, never will be unless Barkley pulls a miracle or we are stuck with Kovacic (which is not a disaster if we stop fucking playing him at AMF)

yes, Azpi, sell whilst we can still get £30m plus, he is a spent force (that is what happens when you play a RB 4,100 to 4,700 minutes a year for years on end)

been warning on this for years, even right after the Conte title

the board is a shambolic mess

I think Sarri needs to go IF he will not change (he wont)

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Sure but let's not pretend Conte didn't ask for some really average (to put it kindly) players as well - e.g. Llorente, Candreva. We would just be replacing crap players with crap players.

My main problem is if Conte (one of the best counter attacking managers in the world) and Sarri (one of the best attacking philosophy in Napoli) is finding it hard to implement their tactics with these chelsea players, then who do we hire? 

They complained that conte is too defensive and now Sarri has too much tactics :doh:  we probably need a soft coach to pamper the players till they love him

You can see nowadays players have more power than the coach.. If they decide that they don't like you you are gone.. The fresh example is MU and Mourinho.. But i think our players have sacked alot of managers last years, so i think Roman should play hard here and make mass cleaning of high paid wankers.. 

30 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

My main problem is if Conte (one of the best counter attacking managers in the world) and Sarri (one of the best attacking philosophy in Napoli) is finding it hard to implement their tactics with these chelsea players, then who do we hire? 

They complained that conte is too defensive and now Sarri has too much tactics :doh:  we probably need a soft coach to pamper the players till they love him

I'd personally like to know who are the ones that are complaining. 

The way Jose Mourinho put Casillas on the bench, partly out of principles to show who is the boss, I want to see Sarri putting Alonso. Same with Hart and Pep. Mourinho even benched Pogba not so long ago. And Sarri can't bench f*cking Marcos Alonso...

Same goes for Willian/Pedro, of course.

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

I swear after yesterday, if I see Alonso EVER again in the starting line-up, I'll not shred a tear for Sarri anymore.

Well, he rarely changes introduces Emerson in the game as a sub. Against City he did that, I think that is a good sign, he obviously thought that Alonso wasn't good enough. ...But I agree, it's unacceptable.

I really hope to God that Sarri can change his attitude for some things because we really can't afford to sack manager again.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

If Sarri changes his tactics and formation, puts on better players...then I want to give him a chance. No sacking. Because I see him trying.

But if he continues this way, sacking has to happen.

If Sarri was smart, he would play around with formations, tactics and adapt until the end of the season. Then the summer, do a clearout and get better players.

Then retry your Sarriball. 

he can't change all the concepts that he is trying to teach to the players because of a loss against city. it was a brutal loss ok. . 

but then again, his mechanisms are hard to learn, and the only way is try and try and try 

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

Why?

- with having only Marina in charge, no director of football, no Roman in England, and with transfer ban knocking at the door... I wouldn't risk another instability factor

- it means this lot of players will mostly stay at the club and won't feel consequences, and it will be for third manager straight that it happens

- switching to attacking football will take time, being it with Sarri or not, and attacking football is clearly what out board wants; also I am not sure are there even some available coaches who play attacking football

- sacking coach like Sarri to bring someone like Conte for interim role would be huge step backwards in attempt of changing our philosophy

- Sarri, with all of his faults, have beaten Liverpool and Spurs in cup, and with setup like that it could be enough to win EL where opponents are not that strong

- United is too strong under Ole, getting new coach for getting top4 finish won't help us; in time new manager settles and produces something, United will be far from us

- it costs money, we didn't pay what we owe to Conte yet

Just now, Antonio8 said:

he can't change all the concepts that he is trying to teach to the players because of a loss against city. it was a brutal loss ok. . 

but then again, his mechanisms are hard to be learnt, and the only way is try and try and try