Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

So a 59 year old man smokes so fucking that's all the media are interested in '' How do you think Sarri will do at Chelsea ? Well someone who smokes is obviously a man who can't be trusted and of course he's the new Chelsea manager so therefore he's obviously a man of low morals. Reminds me when I was a teenager my two worse habits were smoking and wanking I was a twenty a day man and I used to smoke like a trooper :)

21 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

So a 59 year old man smokes so fucking that's all the media are interested in '' How do you think Sarri will do at Chelsea ? Well someone who smokes is obviously a man who can't be trusted and of course he's the new Chelsea manager so therefore he's obviously a man of low morals. Reminds me when I was a teenager my two worse habits were smoking and wanking I was a twenty a day man and I used to smoke like a trooper :)

You give up smoking? But I bet you're still a wanker!!

5f0a1ba40037258c7b59492a3f7debf9.gif

Sounds like Magic Box is getting on well with Sarri. Looks to be a good match upto now,

Gianfranco Zola opens up on Maurizio Sarri relationship and sends a message to the Chelsea board

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/gianfranco-zola-maurizio-sarri-chelsea-14938080

11 hours ago, the wes said:

FB_IMG_1532507761165.jpg

We don't need to win anything. Heck, it's better for a club not to win EPL, if we look long termly. Because we will go in the same circle again - board and players thinking we are a lot better than we are. Same as after 2017 Premier League.

For once, I would like to win major trophy BECAUSE of our quality, not DESPITE of our (lack of) quality.

... but some small consolation cup won't be bad. :D

This transition/evolution wont be no quick thing. And if we dont have the necessary players it wont work at all

The main thing stopping us is our board Right now IT SEEMS they think the engine (Jorgi) was the only thing missing.

The way this window is going we will need 2 years to get to where our opponents are now.

Might look a bit better but if we dont go into this thing 100% then why bother.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

It's not about not winning feckall, it's about not challenging. We will not be challenging for the league with this squad, and we are still below Arsenal's, Liverpool's, City's and Spuds' in terms of attack. The jury is out with United, but they will battle with us hard.

I think our squad is stronger than Spurs and Arsenals'. But if Thibo leaves, I am not so sure anymore...

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

I said "in terms of attack". No way you can convince me that Chelsea is better than Spuds and Arsenal there.

And even then, this current squad (minus Jorginho) finished 7 points below Spuds.

I know, and I agree.

But you gotta take into account some other things:

- having CHO

- having (a lot more) fit Barkley who now actually has great system and playing position to excel in

- probably having RLC too, if we don't bring anyone

- having fit Emerson

- having Luiz back, healthy and motivated (by new system and Conte leaving I guess)

Those are little things, but I think they mean a lot.

EDIT:

This could be whole other team than last year.

Let's say, first XI: Courtois; Emerson - Luiz - Christy - Azpi; Jorginho - Kante - Barkley; CHO - Giroud - Hazard

I know (well at least I really soddin HOPE) that this is a load of shite but I posted this when it 1st came out and its in the back of my mind

Chelsea transfer news: Roman Abramovich makes £60million transfer decision

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH has told Chelsea chiefs that the new manager won't have more than £60million to spend.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/978754/Chelsea-transfer-news-Roman-Abramovich

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hopefully it'll lead to some transfer activity over the next week. To be fair Sarri may well have wanted some time with the current players to see what he had and assess what he would need. 

15 hours ago, El P. said:

We don't need to win anything. Heck, it's better for a club not to win EPL, if we look long termly. Because we will go in the same circle again - board and players thinking we are a lot better than we are. Same as after 2017 Premier League.

For once, I would like to win major trophy BECAUSE of our quality, not DESPITE of our (lack of) quality.

... but some small consolation cup won't be bad. :D

Exactly, we need to focus on next 3-4 years and improve gradualy/steadily. This season we have to finish back in top 4, so we have CL again. Next season try to finish 1st and in two seasons after try to win CL etc.

We are big club and winning the title or not wont change much if we are back to shit next season. We need to finish top 4, so that we have CL which is appealing and we need to show world AMBITION. Then we will get quality players, we could keep quality players and improve the squad on whole, giving us the edge in PL/CL in future.

Chelsea needs CL and ambition to get back to the top. Titles and quality players will follow automaticaly. Winning PL and then show no ambition is what was wrong for past few years which ended up with no CL.

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Exactly, we need to focus on next 3-4 years and improve gradualy/steadily. This season we have to finish back in top 4, so we have CL again. Next season try to finish 1st and in two seasons after try to win CL etc.

We are big club and winning the title or not wont change much if we are back to shit next season. We need to finish top 4, so that we have CL which is appealing and we need to show world AMBITION. Then we will get quality players, we could keep quality players and improve the squad on whole, giving us the edge in PL/CL in future.

Chelsea needs CL and ambition to get back to the top. Titles and quality players will follow automaticaly. Winning PL and then show no ambition is what was wrong for past few years which ended up with no CL.

Sadly I cant see us making top 4 with our current team.

We either buy in to improve or I see Sarri joining our long list of ex's

I just hope hes stronger about transfers than he makes on or Granny will have his balls in her pocket when she leaves.

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I just hope hes stronger about transfers than he makes on or Granny will have his balls in her pocket when she leaves.

I desperately wanted midfielder that is more dynamic than that granny Cesc. We got one. This alone will make wonders IMO. A LB would also be nice if we are about to go back to 4atb, but I will give Emerson a chance. We also need either RW or Striker, some fresh quality. If we can get Bailey or some quality striker, it wouldnt be bad window, that is if we keep Hazard and Tibo (now that Alisson and Leno are no longer available, Oblak will not move, Tibo as much I dont like him, he is best GK we can have for next season)

16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah we can.  You've been reading about how shit everyone is on this forum too much.

We were 2nd midway through the season.  Then Conte went full on with the hissy fits and the team folded.  And after all of that, we still didn't miss out until the 2nd last match of the season.